Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

when snow comes here, it comes heavy

and it is very very very heavy right now

Lol the latest NAE now has just 2-5cm of snow for the supposed Met Office "Red Zone" that on last run showed 20-35cm of snow. There is huge uncertainty still over what is going to happen - BIG surprises and BIG dissapointments to come.

10010612_0512.gif

Nobody has a clue what's going to happen.

Posted

I'd love for the snow to move further West lol and Wales to have the brunt of it.

Lol the latest NAE now has just 2-5cm of snow for the supposed Met Office "Red Zone" that on last run showed 20-35cm of snow. There is huge uncertainty still over what is going to happen - BIG surprises and BIG dissapointments to come.

10010612_0512.gif

Nobody has a clue what's going to happen.

Can only get better for us mate.

Posted

Really bad weather here in Deiniolen, Gwynedd although snow easing snow has been falling since around 5am this morning with 15cm in my back garden. My High School has been closed today also the village school and local one's too. Nice seeing Anglesey white for a change with many schools there reported that they have to close around midday.

Posted

when snow comes here, it comes heavy

and it is very very very heavy right now

Any chance that you could update your profile or sig please so we know where you are? :lol:

No need to give your exact location, just the county would do. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Looks like South Wales could see some light snow pushing in later tonight & the early hours of Wed:

http://expert.weathe...010600_0512.gif < NAE @ 00 GMT

http://expert.weathe...010606_0512.gif < NAE @ 06 GMT

Looking at it the Low looks slightly more to the North than some previous runs.

http://expert.weathe...010606_0512.gif

More of an E flow which should help push more precipitation in to SE Wales.

Posted

That northern band is now starting it's journey south in ernest following the low centre down - interesting evening for south wales I think! - sun will be going down soon as well - temps will start to drop quite quickly under open skies (no cloud) and snow cover will become icy - snow cover will help to drop the temps even more!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very odd weather here, clouds and snow have been pushing in from the north much of the morning, but the cloud to the north is not moving now and the showers are staying away...Clear skies above. No wind at all. Strange

Posted

Very odd weather here, clouds and snow have been pushing in from the north much of the morning, but the cloud to the north is not moving now and the showers are staying away...Clear skies above. No wind at all. Strange

low near you over west wales is moving south and taking the snow with it - you may still have a chance with the band from north wales as it moves through though tonight and into the morning!

Posted

Everything has stalled as the low forms over Cardigan Bay. It should all start moving again soon. Going to be some very heavy stuff for West Wales I think...

Posted

GFS 12z looks interesting still for Wales, snow moving into S and E Wales tonight and into tomorrow. Looks similar to NAE. Will come to looking out of the window in the end I think.

My step dad thinks Cardiff will get 1 inch, i've gone and made a brave estimate of a foot for a laugh lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

A good chance of more than an inch if the GFS is right.

GFS hasnt been that reliable though right?

Posted

Hi everyone, been very disapointing here today, had some heavy flurries but just not sticking here, just looked towards my west and there is snow edging closer and closer, hope we get some snow that will stick here.

Edit - Oh well we got some Snizzle instead.

Edited by KidCarm

Posted

Back here, 4miles east of Aberystwyth, blue skies have dissapeared. Very dark clouds appearing over the hills from the north/north/west.

Popped out for a ciggy about 5mins ago, and temperature is verging near freezing.

Looking eastwards seems much lighter.

I'm guessing there's snow in them there hills...

Posted

Very heavy snow here still, massive flakes. Its snowing right down to sea level in North Wales. The beaches are white!

Posted

Hi everyone, been very disapointing here today, had some heavy flurries but just not sticking here, just looked towards my west and there is snow edging closer and closer, hope we get some snow that will stick here.

Edit - Oh well we got some Snizzle instead.

Its incredible to far west, or to far east im bang in the middle of the 2 and its sunny here