Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

As it does not look as good here in Swansea as for other areas (even though there should be a reasonable dusting) , its very interesting to follow, come on the good old Irish sea do your bit for us , some Celtic snow.

Looks like East Wales will get some English snow.

Posted

The way it's moving at the moment it looks more like it will sink into Cornwall, the surface pressure charts seem to show a more southerly development for it later as well, with a stiff north easterly wind associated with it

Wednesday Chart

Edited by Avain

Posted

Looks like the freeze is gonna continue well into next week as well - GFS tries to get the atlantic to attack the BI and this could result in a massive dump of snow but then the cold wins out again. Had to laugh at an interview with an official with the met office - global warming is still going on - THIS IS ONLY A LOCAL THING HAPPENING IN THE UK - not correct - USA, CHINA EUROPE wide is frozen and snowed in right now - I haven't got a clue what he's going on about - I think these winters will continue like this for the forth coming years - should make a flipping mess of the global warming figures - governments will struggle to justify these extra taxes they want as well - they cannot control mother nature"!!

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Yep the low pressure will wrap around the precip and shunt it back into SE Wales, still think thats going to give some very heavy snow for a time...

cheers Kold - is it supposed to be just the South East tip of Wales? If so, up in the valleys I will miss out, but my work lower down, Tongwynlais, Cardiff might sneak some!

JK

Posted

cheers Kold - is it supposed to be just the South East tip of Wales? If so, up in the valleys I will miss out, but my work lower down, Tongwynlais, Cardiff might sneak some!

JK

The westerly extent of this is not nailed down yet - so anywhere in the south eastern area could be at risk! + the northern arm of snow which is coming down to meet it as well - what's left of it anyway once it's got over the beacons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

JK

I hope so:L I live realy near that area:)

Posted

Looks like the freeze is gonna continue well into next week as well - GFS tries to get the atlantic to attack the BI and this could result in a massive dump of snow but then the cold wins out again. Had to laugh at an interview with an official with the met office - global warming is still going on - THIS IS ONLY A LOCAL THING HAPPENING IN THE UK - not correct - USA, CHINA EUROPE wide is frozen and snowed in right now - I haven't got a clue what he's going on about - I think these winters will continue like this for the forth coming years - should make a flipping mess of the global warming figures - governments will struggle to justify these extra taxes they want as well - they cannot control mother nature"!!

Maybe we have caused some warming ,perhaps this is an effect that few forseen? In warming we may ultimately create cooling??

Rather like when your ill you feel oh so hot , only to have an internal cold so intense so quickly after.

Mother nature is winding us up having a good laugh.

Whatever is happening, the last two winters now have been much more interesting and long may it continue.

What would you rather, a cold snowy winter but a wet summer, or atlantic an mild winter with a hot summer??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

SE Wales..... Does that mean me in Grosmont. I'm half way between Abergavenny and Hereford.

Please say this is swinging round and will give me a hammering as well as the parts further South clap.gif

I can't stand the tension now wacko.gif

Edited by Blackjack

Posted

The area covered by the Meto's take action warning has expanded! :yahoo:

But sadly in the opposite direction to Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well we had sleet for a bit thismorning, then turned to snow for a hour or so but didn't stick apart from already froezn patches, didnt get much after all. Fingers crossed for maybe a few inches tonight?

Posted

SE Wales..... Does that mean me in Grosmont. I'm half way between Abergavenny and Hereford.

Please say this is swinging round and will give me a hammering as well as the pasts further South clap.gif

I can't stand the tension now wacko.gif

I think you could be in line for something - meto are convinced it'll only be monmouthshire and newport that need worry but I think it might be slightly further a field than that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Blackjack, its certainly trying its hardest to get nearer us.

Snow grains and fog here. 3inches of snow on ground and a temperature of -1oc. Certainly interesting!

Not sure if there is much in Grosmont. Will have to make way home soon. At least the journey won't be too bad tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Light Snow grains here in Swansea

Posted

Frustratingly the fronts are swirling around us to the North, East & West leaving central south wales clear in the middle wallbash.gif

at the moment - things will change!

Posted

Moderate snow grains here perfect for drifting,and thats started already in a N/NE wind -0.9c

Stronger winds later tonight into tomorrow. :D

Snow in North Wales hasn`t reached here on the radar yet.

Freezing hill fog now aswell.

Posted

No. BBC just showed snow over S E wales tonight woohoo.

I haven't seen the latest forecast but the ones this afternoon showed the snow from about Chepstow eastwards. Has this changed then?