Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just watched the bbc wales news, and they showed the whole of wales has a chance of snow, and for around Bridgend east could see 10-15cm of snow, locally 20cm, and then maybe more for cardiff eastwards?

well if its going to snow it will snow, i will believe it when i see it! as my step dad said something along those lines a few mins ago.

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

is the snow turning around? towards south west wales??

Posted

Ian Fergusons post in This thread seems to show the band of ppn currently over the Isle of Wight region sweeping up and back into south wales with a ton of snow, tomorrow could be very different, Pembs could equally get a lot from the western flank.

Looks Brilliant for a lot of people. You chaps in the East enjoy :(

IM not going to ask for snow now, as it sets you up for a fall. Its typical tho aint it. I wont be awake at 3am preying. What I didnt think was if we all cross the 7 bridge in a max exodus, and we all sorta like blow at the same time we could cause enough of a ripple to bring it further west and then follow it down the M4 with some fans or summin

Posted

Looks Brilliant for a lot of people. You chaps in the East enjoy smile.gif

IM not going to ask for snow now, as it sets you up for a fall. Its typical tho aint it. I wont be awake at 3am preying. What I didnt think was if we all cross the 7 bridge in a max exodus, and we all sorta like blow at the same time we could cause enough of a ripple to bring it further west and then follow it down the M4 with some fans or summin

How are we looking here in Barry....Anything ????

Posted

Yep, More East you go the more snow, cardiff and newport could get 6-8 inches maybe, you may get a few though too.

Is it me or does the band over north wales lowering in percep amount seems to be fading out on 5 min radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Snowing around Aberystwyth now

Posted

The showery band to the west seems to be edging slighlty east.

About time :)

Steady snow currently, expecting it to last for short period again before nothing for a bit unless the showery band edges a little more east again so the stuff in Ceredigion area clips me.

Posted

About time :)

Steady snow currently, expecting it to last for short period again before nothing for a bit unless the showery band edges a little more east again so the stuff in Ceredigion area clips me.

Yeah we haven't faired amazing this afternoon for snow showers, yes its snowing now but not heavy but its steady nothing thawed today either, but nobody knows wether school will be open tomorrow yet.

Posted

Decent dumping here, getting on for 8-10cm now :) Not bad seeing as I didn't expect anything!

Posted

If schools are open it's quite stupid because conditions are worse today? tonight the snow is freezing hard, the main road now has a dusting.. SORRY the main UN-GRITTED road now has a dusting with ice.

Anything else I need to mention? ehh side roads are bad, I know some school buses travel through some side roads.

Pretty much worse than this morning for schools.

(there is also the problem for innocent pupils being thrown ice balls at their faces by some of the more childish teenagers.)

Posted

Yeah we haven't faired amazing this afternoon for snow showers, yes its snowing now but not heavy but its steady nothing thawed today either, but nobody knows wether school will be open tomorrow yet.

My college better be closed, especially as i live on a hill and my college is on a hill too.

Posted

I thought we'd do better this afternoon. The snow in Pembs haired off south more quickly, and in a slightly different direction, than I ancipated!

Still, it's been an ace day and my school is shut tomorrow!

What surprises will tonight bring?

Snowing moderately here now.

Posted

Decent dumping here, getting on for 8-10cm now :) Not bad seeing as I didn't expect anything!

That north bands doesnt look as if its going south now just seems to be stuck there but moving west I think my best chance is from newport area if it comes across far enough

Posted

Pembs will get another lot from that tail that is out to the west, it looks like it is developing more as it progresses too. Actually snowing here now anyway!

Posted

I thought we'd do better this afternoon. The snow in Pembs haired off south more quickly, and in a slightly different direction, than I ancipated!

Still, it's been an ace day and my school is shut tomorrow!

What surprises will tonight bring?

Snowing moderately here now.

I think the best chances are possibly for the line of precip across mid and north wales to edge slight east? Pembs been in the firing line for a while, I want a share.

Posted

My college better be closed, especially as i live on a hill and my college is on a hill too.

Its looking good with upgrades on what was forecast earlier on today, this has been the case with todays snow in the West. Tonight will still be a now cast but a long period of snow likely for many from Bridgend northwards to powys. I would not be surprised if Newport gwent valleys see some snow before 9pm and then a gradual increase as the night rolls on. The band of snow then to move eastwards. According to meto bbc forecast it looks like Cardiff after midnight but i think before that. Not so sure about this low sinking south as quickly either, i would say a 30% chance of some in far southeast wales getting snow till at 12z wednesday.

I would expect alot of schools closed in Powys, mid glam, south glam, vale of glam and gwent. Maybe west glam too as well as areas effected by todays snow in far west.

Could be fun

Posted

Had heavy snow here in Cardiff today about midday. It was on and off for about 1hr 30mins but didnt settle as it started to rain. Theres been nothing since then but looking at the GFS there should be snow here from about midnight tonight to midday tomorrow.