Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Alot of teachers actually had to leave school today to go home because of the snow in swansea. Clouds to my south and east, cant see my north and west really.

How much of south wales actually looks like getting a fair bit of snow tonight?

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

Alot of teachers actually had to leave school today to go home because of the snow in swansea. Clouds to my south and east, cant see my north and west really.

How much of south wales actually looks like getting a fair bit of snow tonight?

gonna be a case of keeping an eye on the radar meto or

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted

Well we had sleet for a bit thismorning, then turned to snow for a hour or so but didn't stick apart from already froezn patches, didnt get much after all. Fingers crossed for maybe a few inches tonight?

Fingers and toes, but i have a horrible feeling there could be virtually nothing from Swansea to Bridgend area.

The band to the west looks like it wont shift eastward , and the band to the east , well its just far too far east.

Also i have serious doubts about what will be left from the snow to the north, even if it does track this way, which although heavy at the moment will simply peter out to nothing.

I predict a few minor showers like the one were having now in Swansea.mad.gif

Posted

Haha amazing weather here..

We're up to around 8 inches here at the moment, keep it comin'!

Posted

Maybe we have caused some warming ,perhaps this is an effect that few forseen? In warming we may ultimately create cooling??

Rather like when your ill you feel oh so hot , only to have an internal cold so intense so quickly after.

Mother nature is winding us up having a good laugh.

Whatever is happening, the last two winters now have been much more interesting and long may it continue.

What would you rather, a cold snowy winter but a wet summer, or atlantic an mild winter with a hot summer??

Try reading where this winter was forecast and global warming is discussed. solar activity posibly more to do with warming and now with less activity the cold sts back in.

Regarding tonight and i am still not sure the forecasters have this right. Still looks reasonable to me for Swansea eastwards over night with west of that doing ok from current spell now and showers through tomorrow. Think some from Merthyr southwards will have a surprise but its a worry when meto say no. Gonna be a long night.

Posted

Try reading where this winter was forecast and global warming is discussed. solar activity posibly more to do with warming and now with less activity the cold sts back in.

Regarding tonight and i am still not sure the forecasters have this right. Still looks reasonable to me for Swansea eastwards over night with west of that doing ok from current spell now and showers through tomorrow. Think some from Merthyr southwards will have a surprise but its a worry when meto say no. Gonna be a long night.

Ian furgersson just shown nae update on s west forum western edge of snow smack bang on swansea what a knife edge situation.

Posted

It must snow now im excited lol.

Posted

Ian furgersson just shown nae update on s west forum western edge of snow smack bang on swansea what a knife edge situation.

The whole will it wont it thing is very interesting,as it always seems to be that way.

Knife edge indeed, i bet i will be able to see it snowing heavily about 50 metres away yet i will end up on the wrong side of the knife.

This evening aside, it looks good for further will it , wont it , knife edge scenarios for the forseeable future.

Iceage anyone?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

very windy here cloud cover as well but nothing falling from the sky there is a gap on the radar hopefully south western wales will get more snow tonight is this going to happen?rolleyes.gif

Posted

What about that woman up in Scotland that hasn't been able to get home for the last 15 days?? She left to buy a turkey & couldn't get back because of the snow & here we are worried about what is at the moment 1-2 inches!

Hope she didnt leave the bath running?

Posted

very windy here cloud cover as well but nothing falling from the sky there is a gap on the radar hopefully south western wales will get more snow tonight is this going to happen?rolleyes.gif

Well surely you can see for yourself you are in the firing line of all that showery nonsense stretching up north Wales... so you'll probably be lucky anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Fingers and toes, but i have a horrible feeling there could be virtually nothing from Swansea to Bridgend area.

The band to the west looks like it wont shift eastward , and the band to the east , well its just far too far east.

Also i have serious doubts about what will be left from the snow to the north, even if it does track this way, which although heavy at the moment will simply peter out to nothing.

I predict a few minor showers like the one were having now in Swansea.mad.gif

so another possible none-event for Bridgend then?

Posted

Hope she didnt leave the bath running?

Her husband was on the jeremy vine show this week radio 2 and said she had got stuck 11 miles from home and still hadn't got back with the turkey - he was currently knawing at his leg!!!!!! LOL!

Posted

so another possible none-event for Bridgend then?

Its always best not to get your hopes up and mine certainly are not.

That way ,when you wake up to the sound of a helicopter air lifting the next door neighbour to safety due to 15 foot snow drifts engulfing their house, you will get a suprise.

If not tonight then there would appear to be plenty more chances for us within the next week.

Posted

You may see some light snow but i think you're too far West.

Hmm, this cold spell isn't good for us then, as we haven't seen even 2cm of lying snow yet! but most places around us seem to be doing good. Not all to happy about it but nothing i can do apart from hope, which i am losing fast sad.gif well i guess a light dusting would be better than nothing. if we even get that.

Its always best not to get your hopes up and mine certainly are not.

That way ,when you wake up to the sound of a helicopter air lifting the next door neighbour to safety due to 15 foot snow drifts engulfing their house, you will get a suprise.

If not tonight then there would appear to be plenty more chances for us within the next week.

Yeah true, lol well wont get me hopes up any more for tonight then! mellow.gif

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard

had about 3 inch of snow here in north wales 2day, is that the end of it ? or more to come??

Posted

Her husband was on the jeremy vine show this week radio 2 and said she had got stuck 11 miles from home and still hadn't got back with the turkey - he was currently knawing at his leg!!!!!! LOL!

I would say she has left him, perhaps she should re write that song to

"51 ways to leave your lover".

I shall remember that one, next time im married and need to leave the mrs, and that coinciding with a mega snow event.

Posted

Hmm, this cold spell isn't good for us then, as we haven't seen even 2cm of lying snow yet! but most places around us seem to be doing good. Not all to happy about it but nothing i can do apart from hope, which i am losing fast sad.gif well i guess a light dusting would be better than nothing. if we even get that.

Yeah true, lol well wont get me hopes up any more for tonight then! mellow.gif

Never know though, it's set to effect Cardiff, to barry but i reckon it could effect Bridgend as it's not that far away.