Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

if an area of low pressure formed towards western wales what would it mean?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

The band in north wales seems to be taking it's time :pardon: when is it gna move south?

Posted

Yep another small low has formed over W.Wales, was a mid level circulation but its developed quite strongly down to the surface.

Main synoptic set-up remains unchanged with the main low forming further inland with pressures down to 1000mbs.

So its not a change to the forecast...but lets call it a brucie bouns BUT the evolution remains unchanged, the main low is if anything going to be further EAST becuase of this low forming.

Posted

The band in north wales seems to be taking it's time :nonono: when is it gna move south?

Tell me about it!

Posted

Yep another small low has formed over W.Wales, was a mid level circulation but its developed quite strongly down to the surface.

Main synoptic set-up remains unchanged with the main low forming further inland with pressures down to 1000mbs.

So its not a change to the forecast...but lets call it a brucie bouns BUT the evolution remains unchanged, the main low is if anything going to be further EAST becuase of this low forming.

Cheers for the clarification!

Posted

Tell me about it!

Overnight tonight for south wales apparently Derek says on the BBC

A very complex set up though - could still be a few surprises

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Tell me about it!

wow you're at talybont, I went to school there lol

Just flicking through the GFS ensembles and the amount of uncertainty at this distance is still huge. Quite a few ensembles have the main snow area over Wales and SW England. A crumb of comfort. This isn't nearly as certain as the Met Office are making it out to be I don't think.

Edited by Barb-

Posted

I'm a novice but the band that is curling around on itself way out west looks set to pretty much miss south east wales tonight - its moving to far south - maddening! Its like we have a snow shield round us here - missing it from all angles

Posted

Just flicking through the GFS ensembles and the amount of uncertainty at this distance is still huge. Quite a few ensembles have the main snow area over Wales and SW England. A crumb of comfort. This isn't nearly as certain as the Met Office are making it out to be I don't think.

or are we clutching at straws just hoping for that one snowfall - well i know i am!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I'm a novice but the band that is curling around on itself way out west looks set to pretty much miss south east wales tonight - its moving to far south - maddening! Its like we have a snow shield round us here - missing it from all angles

Yeah it's moving out into the Sea, will miss Swansea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

I have this horrible feeling that the snow is going to be dragged too far East even for me in Abergavenny

Posted

That wedge from North Wales looks on course for me surely unless the hills are gonna stop it?

I hope so too! Desperate to show my daughter how to make a snowman!

Posted

I really don't know whats gonna happen tonight now, cc_confused.gif i'm still hoping tho.

Posted
Posted

Will the snow in north wales deteriorate into nothing soon?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Snowing in Hereford again Blackjack.

I think I'm just to far SE of the Black Mountains to get much. Hereford doesn't get the shelter.

Damn it. I just ain't gonna get it looking at the maps

Posted

Will the snow in north wales deteriorate into nothing soon?

Nope - low is gonna move south - pembs is gonna get it now - the north wales snow is gonna move south and pep up in the south/south east wales over night tonight into tomorrow morning!

latest 12z GFS will start to come out shortly and update us on the next 24 hours!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Not saying it's going to be happen but there are surprises and dissapointments on the way for sure with this much uncertainty.

Barb, i have a feeling this will be progged slightly further west as the secondary low links up with the main low somewhere near the Bristol Channel (not as far west as was suggested yesterday)

This theory has some support from the latest NAE and will be interesting to see what other models think as they coe out