Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I hope so, all that lovely precip over pembrokshire has naffed off down south..

Is it really that bad in Kidwelly? not much snow? Surely you must have had a dusting at least? It stuck quite well here, come up to Pontyates and join us. (Snowing steadily here now)

Yep really haven't done well here today. Went to work this morning and then the snow moved in and I heard the roads were getting bad, i left it an hour or so and then decided to go home. It was slushy in Llanelli, I decided to take the Burry Port route instead of Trim and it just became less and less as I got home. Trimsaran looks as if they had quite a bit at the top though, it all seems to be higher ground that had it, oh well heres hoping we'l do better in the next round whenever that will be. Battleground scenario is the only answer i think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

UKMO 12Z gives some light snow to South Wales with the heavier stuff still East though.

http://www.meteociel...8-594.GIF?05-17 < UKMO 12Z Precipitation- Heavier precipitation touching SE Wales

Edited by SnowStorm(Jamie)

Posted

The band of snow over north wales sinking south will provide snow for Wales this Evening and then precipitation out in the English Channel is expected to come ashore and turn over on Central UK before moving South East Tomorrow.

Is there any chance of it spinning right around and hitting further west of wales later on??

Also wont that band in the north peter out before it gets here??

As i see it it looks like from Swansea - Bridgend - Cardiff area etc mainly miss out, too far east to get the irish sea snow and to far west to get the main batch??

Hope im completely wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

still snowing here on and off when snow does come it tends to be heavy today rolleyes.gif

Posted

Is there any chance of it spinning right around and hitting further west of wales later on??

As i see it it looks like from Swansea - Bridgend - Cardiff area etc mainly miss out, too far east to get the irish sea snow and to far west to get the main batch??

Thats how it looks to me to looking at it we are bang in the middle of both passing either side

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Hopefully we should see something else in the way of precipitation tonight, it could be that the band of snow in north wales will push south, weakening slightly but it could have some energy from the irish sea in it. Also, the low to the east could shift westwards at times, bringing the risk of further snowfall to the far SE of wales.

Posted

On BBC News, Met Office has downgraded 40cm to 15/20cm for Central England... peaking at 10pm Tonight and lasting into Wednesday Morning.

Latest forecast said snow Tonight stretching from London area to Cardiff. Central England 30cm (which is more than MetO saying).

Edited by Jamie.ed

Posted

still snowing here on and off when snow does come it tends to be heavy today rolleyes.gif

Yep another shower moving in here now by the looks of it. I've got to say, i dont know if there are any posters from the Laugharne to Pendine general area, but it looks as if they are having plenty of snow from what i can see in the distance.

Posted

Looks like its weakening tho, look at the thickness of the precep soon as that hits breacons that be it

Thats my concern too, it does look like that heavy band will curl toward us and the whole top to bottom of it would pass through here , but will there be anything left by the time it gets here?

Rather like trying to get juice from a dry orange me thinks.

Posted

No it's meant to hit Cardiff.

Posted

Dan the man Corbett on N24 just explained more about the wrap around low (not the one in west wales) centred around central England and how it's gonna send the snow that went through this morning back to us in the South East of Wales over night tonight into tomorrow morning - we'll see how far west that gets!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

So that snow over Gloucester may track a bit further north before dropping SW slightly bang over Monmouthshire?

The mother load may not be as far SE (Central Eng) as first thought?

Posted

Thats how it looks to me to looking at it we are bang in the middle of both passing either side

Does anyone think that the current batch over Pembs will curl around and could possible give us a sever uppercut ,with extra precip from the channel??

The radar shows it turning already?

Am i clutching at straws or is there a branch in there?

Posted

Still gonna hit central southern england but we in the south east will cop it too but how far west it gets will be the mystery - + the northern arm of the low in the west moving down the coast could also give some more snow in the south - almost a double chance/whammy effect!!!!!!!!

Does anyone think that the current batch over Pembs will curl around and could possible give us a sever uppercut ,with extra precip from the channel??

The radar shows it turning already?

Am i clutching at straws or is there a branch in there?

That low will continue tracking south - your chance will be from the north with the arm of the low passing through - the south east will be affected by another low which will wrap the snow around itself that passed through this morning!

Posted

So that snow over Gloucester may track a bit further north before dropping SW slightly bang over Monmouthshire?

The mother load may not be as far SE (Central Eng) as first thought?

They still said 30cm forecast for central England as when the main band in English Channel curls round centre of Low, it all passes Central England.

Posted

you can now see the snow in the midlands stalling and swiveling on itself and starting to reach back to Wales!

Posted

is it me or can anyone else see that system developing over the midlands? check out meto radar.

Edited by mickeyflyn

Posted

is it me or can anyone else see that system developing over the midlands? check out meto radar.

They did say it was likely to intensify into the Evening (maybe because of extra moisture coming off English Channel).

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Hi Guys,

Just rushed in and heard chances of snow - and no chances of snow - can anyone give me a quick update as I got to rush back to work - will I be stuck later?

JK

Posted

Mate i think you should get snow tonight as you are further east, good luck.

great i`m hope we do we had an inch earlier so a lot more would be welcome as i promised to build a big snowman in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Yep the low pressure will wrap around the precip and shunt it back into SE Wales, still think thats going to give some very heavy snow for a time...

What time is all this arriving its pretty clear here?