Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Looking good for this afternoon

uk_radar_20100105_015.gif

Edited by soupsurfer7

Posted

stopped in caerphilly (tho more aboout on radar by the looks) got 1-2cm in the town. no problems to report on mountain road (into cardiff) at the moment either

Posted

had a little cover on the roads my kids been sent home from school,well on way home now but the sun has just come out lol,and they still saying that most of wales will miss the big snow tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Still looks as if those in SE Wales will see more snow tonight:

http://expert.weathe...010600_0506.gif < NAE Precipitation

So a spell of snow is likely before the low then starts to sink Southwards away from the UK:

http://expert.weathe...010609_0506.gif

Posted

had a little cover on the roads my kids been sent home from school,well on way home now but the sun has just come out lol,and they still saying that most of wales will miss the big snow tonight.

well we've got flakes the size of 2 50p and it's been doing this now for nearly 2 hours - wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! belting it down!

Posted

Lots of schools closed here in Swansea ,snow all the way from city centre to morriston and sun came out just when I picked up the kids:( hope ther is more to come here I feel guilty now!!!!!

Posted

Sun come out for the first time today altho there are flakes blowing about to. Thick cloud moving in however. Looking good. Tonight looks like it will miss us though doesn't it?

Posted

Stopped here now - school has closed - just been to collect children

As usual the comp closes and the little kids in Croesty tought it out. And there is absolutely no reason to close the comp today. There is a small amount of slush and that's it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

grrrr black clouds teasing us with no snow lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Brightend up here. Light dusting of snow, thats about it.

Cannot believe Merthyr didn't get a dumping.

FIngers crossed that i get home and SE Wales and Midlands gets a shed load tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

Has been snowing heavily / moderately for 30 mins here. Temp still 1.2C. Looks like the band is coming in SW across the Irish Sea.

Posted

Weather online is still saying we could have it in Wales tonight, hmm?

Posted

[when i watched the welsh news last night derek said snow for south wales for wednesday as well, bbc news just said we wont have any tomorrow is this that snow? or are we due some tomorrow as well

Posted

As usual the comp closes and the little kids in Croesty tought it out. And there is absolutely no reason to close the comp today. There is a small amount of slush and that's it.

My kids are in Brynna. Its the fact the teachers have to travel that is closing the school. Still, I wouldnt be sent home form work though :whistling:

Posted

Very good technical analysis of the situation here:

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=34424&posts=15

Best to start with the 11Z update near the bottom - looks like we will, as forecast, miss out on the heaviest snow.

Posted

[when i watched the welsh news last night derek said snow for south wales for wednesday as well, bbc news just said we wont have any tomorrow is this that snow? or are we due some tomorrow as well

This mornings GFS 06z run showed snow right through to tomorrow afternoon for most of south Wales!!!! all depends where this low sets up shop - but it's only just stopped here and we've already had an amazing amount of snow a few inches deep - more showers coming in off the irish sea as well

Posted

My kids are in Brynna. Its the fact the teachers have to travel that is closing the school. Still, I wouldnt be sent home form work though :yahoo:

It's really not that bad out there. As usual they take the decision early. There is a little bit of lying slush and all the surface frost has been taken out by that. It's actually safer out there today than last night.

Posted

One thing i will say that's really annoying me is the complete ignorance towards the weather situation in Wales by news 24, talking about how schools are closed in cornwall, west midlands, manchester and northern England, Not a mention about Wales, despite the fact we've probably had the amount of snow most places will get tomorrow. Also nothing on the travel situation or anything in Wales, completely unacceptable and to be honest what do you expect in an Anglo centric culture media, Independence for Wales and Welsh weather :yahoo: we might get more snow then.

P.s Bwrw eira'n drwm yma eto

Snowing heavy here again.

Edited by adamjones416