Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Its amzing how the BBC said snow for us here in Pinxton around 16:00 and still nothing on the radar. that band in the north just seems to be not moving to me.

Can anyone confirm if it will move south

Chris

its starting to move south now chris, it's likely to fizzle out but should still give a cm or 2.

Lewis

Posted

Snow coming down quite well now, expecting it to last a couple of hours. Its falling at about half a cm an hour. Just bean out to measure and i have 9cm on the ground with 11cm on the grass. Not bad for a days work :) !!

yay glad youve got simular amounts !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

The latest BBC forcast didnt show much in the way of showers for us overnight.. Be nice to see if they get this as wrong as the band just passing straight over us..

Looking Mental come Thursday.. I feel a snow-day off work coming on.. :lol: :lol:

Posted

and once again us down here in sth lincs, miss out on the fun. enjoy everyone.

I wouldn't take any notice of that, we are hardly ever mentioned on Met Office warnings but we did really well today:0)

Posted

The latest BBC forcast didnt show much in the way of showers for us overnight.. Be nice to see if they get this as wrong as the band just passing straight over us..

Looking Mental come Thursday.. I feel a snow-day off work coming on.. :lol: :lol:

I think tonight is more of a East Yorkshire, N/NE Lincs, N Yorkshire event.

Come Wednesday night into Thursday itll be all the region again, including W and S Yorkshire. And dare i say it... it could be heavier than today and prolonged lasting until Friday night. With more coming saturday night.

Lewis

Posted

I know this is for the Yorkshire/Lincolnshire/Pennines region, but has anyone seen the metoffice warning for the South? I've never seen them give a red warning before for snow. Lucky people!!

London & South East England: Hampshire Oxfordshire Southampton W Berkshire

Very Heavy Snowfall2000 Tue 51100 Wed 6There is a high risk of an extreme weather event affecting parts of Southern England this evening and overnight. A period of exceptionally heavy snowfall is expected with accumulations of 15-30 cm and perhaps in excess of 40 cm. This is expected to cause widespread disruption to the transport network and could lead to problems with power supplies.

Posted

I know this is for the Yorkshire/Lincolnshire/Pennines region, but has anyone seen the metoffice warning for the South? I've never seen them give a red warning before for snow. Lucky people!!

London & South East England: Hampshire Oxfordshire Southampton W Berkshire

Very Heavy Snowfall2000 Tue 51100 Wed 6There is a high risk of an extreme weather event affecting parts of Southern England this evening and overnight. A period of exceptionally heavy snowfall is expected with accumulations of 15-30 cm and perhaps in excess of 40 cm. This is expected to cause widespread disruption to the transport network and could lead to problems with power supplies.

Thing is, we got almost 15cm's today and we weren't even mentioned. I think they have a Red warning because its the south;0)

Good sized flakes coming down now :D :D

Yes indeedy! The heaviest it has been since this morning :D

Should add a couple more cms the rate it is going. I won't bother checking how long it's gonna last, I'd rather leave it an hour or two and check later :D

Fingers crossed we get a good dumping Wednesday - thru - Friday :D

Posted

It stopped here about half an hour ago after snowing solidly since 7.30 this morning. Its just started again.

The roads are treacherous, schools were shut today and I was sent home from work. Looks like another day off tomorrow?

Fingers crossed.

:)

Super Duper Super slow moving

post-2644-12627104160252_thumb.jpg

If you've got that right it's heading straight for here :yahoo: I won't get ahead of myself though, we still have that damn slow moving band of snow on top of us! :clap:

Glad you did well today Lewis - you must be excited about the ongoing prospect of more and more snow to come! I know I am :drinks:

Posted

Thing is, we got almost 15cm's today and we weren't even mentioned. I think they have a Red warning because its the south;0)

You're probably right there! They seem to shut down if they get 1cm, where as we'll be mowing our lawns come tomorrow morning! biggrin.gif

STILL snowing here. It's been light most of the day though but I'm not complaining. It's better than that rubbish dry stuff we got at the weekend as well!

Posted

If you've got that right it's heading straight for here :lol: I won't get ahead of myself though, we still have that damn slow moving band of snow on top of us! :)

Glad you did well today Lewis - you must be excited about the ongoing prospect of more and more snow to come! I know I am :cold:

yep, looks like its heading your way, but i hope you band stays a little longer, because if it does, it means my showers won't push much further :) and stall "fingers crossed". And yes i admit thats my first IMBY post of the day lol.

As for the rest of the week, it's looking fantastico for everyone.

Lewis

Posted

You're probably right there! They seem to shut down if they get 1cm, where as we'll be mowing our lawns come tomorrow morning! biggrin.gif

STILL snowing here. It's been light most of the day though but I'm not complaining. It's better than that rubbish dry stuff we got at the weekend as well!

My husband has to go to Sheffield tomorrow, I wonder how long it will take him to get there, the roads were terrible here today.

sprotbrough area mate, you?

In Auckley, your pics look very similar to what is outsiide my house;0)

Posted

Crickey, Craig :lol: That's a good amount of snow you have there. You've been rewarded for your patience :)

mate its still bloody snowing! thick flakes now! and more showers! im getting a bit worried at the same time lol :)

My husband has to go to Sheffield tomorrow, I wonder how long it will take him to get there, the roads were terrible here today.

In Auckley, your pics look very similar to what is outsiide my house;0)

Yeah nice place that area!!! im getting a tad worried because we are slap bang inline with all those showers coming off the north sea!!! :cold:

Posted

post-5508-12627113200852_thumb.gif

Heavier showers developing out in the north Sea something to watch for later !. Also allot activity now around the Humber.

Posted

mate its still bloody snowing! thick flakes now! and more showers! im getting a bit worried at the same time lol :yahoo:

Yeah nice place that area!!! im getting a tad worried because we are slap bang inline with all those showers coming off the north sea!!! :yahoo:

As long as I don't have to go to work I don't mind. Not bad to say we weren't included in any warnings;-)