Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I'm a million miles from an expert but I do have the Netweather radar.

Edit: This is all on 'Netweather Future Radar': The band of snow that passed over us this afternoon has stalled and appears to be reversing path. If I click on the future arrow then it is back over Merseyside at about 5.30pm.!

Also, they've suspended all buses in Merseyside. Something that is unheard of as far as I know.

Edited by SNOW-HEATWAVE-YES

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

seems to be a lot creeping up from birmingham , to busy watching the NE are we missing this?? what do you think C.S

I dont know anymore this is just out standing is it still snowing in northwich LOL

C.S

Posted

Edit: This is all on 'Netweather Future Radar': The band of snow that passed over us this afternoon has stalled and appears to be reversing path. If I click on the future arrow then it is back over Merseyside at about 5.30pm.!

No way!!!:cold:

Edited by Never snows where i live

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Also, they've suspended all buses in Merseyside. Something that is unheard of as far as I know.

Thats why the midlands thread are not happy this seems to have stalled right over South liverpool/cheshire

C.S

Posted

Currently -1.2C and heavy snow just began falling!

Hoping to top the 6" depth here as there is currently over a foot lying on the higher ground around us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

No chance of it coming back up north.... Winds are northerly.

Posted

The band of snow that passed over us this afternoon has stalled and appears to be reversing path. If I click on the future arrow then it is back over Merseyside at about 5.30pm.!

Yeah I'm also wondering just how much that southerly half of the low that is currently pushing NE is going to cause the whole thing to wrap round and rejuvenate the precipitation before the whole lot slides south?

Not much left for my area northwards but I think this could hang around for quite a bit yet over Merseyside, North Wales and parts of N Cheshire

Posted

seems to be a lot creeping up from birmingham , to busy watching the NE are we missing this?? what do you think C.S

With freezing temps expected tonight, if you look at the cloud build up, you can see the lp over south wales at the moment...as the lp positions itself over IOW its going to push that cloud you can see now (warm moist cloud) into the region which is sub zero...you can't rule it out, and I wouldnt be surprised to see over us tomorrow morning...i remember seeing a beeb forecast yesterday alluding to the fact that there was a chance of snow wednesday morning as the warmer clouds shunt northwards (if you look at the situation now...I am convinced those showers over manchester where being piped up from the warmer air traveling north and bumping into the colder air..maybe someone else will be able to explain it better.)

Posted

Yeah I'm also wondering just how much that southerly half of the low that is currently pushing NE is going to cause the whole thing to wrap round and rejuvenate the precipitation before the whole lot slides south?

Not much left for my area northwards but I think this could hang around for quite a bit yet over Merseyside, North Wales and parts of N Cheshire

all i can see is showers pepping up over manchester and increasing its footprint (which for my location its important it does, or we'd be outside the cloud window)

Posted

With freezing temps expected tonight, if you look at the cloud build up, you can see the lp over south wales at the moment...as the lp positions itself over IOW its going to push that cloud you can see now (warm moist cloud) into the region which is sub zero...you can't rule it out, and I wouldnt be surprised to see over us tomorrow morning...i remember seeing a beeb forecast yesterday alluding to the fact that there was a chance of snow wednesday morning as the warmer clouds shunt northwards (if you look at the situation now...I am convinced those showers over manchester where being piped up from the warmer air traveling north and bumping into the colder air..maybe someone else will be able to explain it better.)

They just seem to be joining on to the cloud buildup around stoke / derby heading towards manchester!

Posted

They just seem to be joining on to the cloud buildup around stoke / derby heading towards manchester!

It like to me this low will complete the circulation and have a big old system rejuvenating itself as it moves back north..surely that cant be right can it?

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

The snow band is staying tantalizingly south of my postcode....still i can't moan , we've had an unbelievable amount of snow here today

post-2070-12627117296152_thumb.jpg

post-2070-12627117435852_thumb.jpg

Posted

The Netweather radar is deffo showing the front over the Wirral at 17.30 onwards.

Posted

Still snowing here, although light atm, looks like another VERY heavy shower on it's way.

Posted

The talk of the system moving back north even with northerly winds? If in the unlikely event it does its not going to reach this north is it?

Posted

Wow! what a day! It's years since we've had snow falling and settling like today! There must be at least 4 inches in places. It's stopped snowing here now but the sky is still orangey white and the snow has covered every branch, leaf and berry on the trees. We visited Speke Hall in the middle of it all and enjoyed the 2 hours to the max. Here are a few photos.

post-2398-12627117064752_thumb.jpg

post-2398-12627117363952_thumb.jpg

post-2398-12627117805552_thumb.jpg

post-2398-12627120351352_thumb.jpg

Posted

Snowing heavy again, looks like it is set in for the night. :yahoo:

What's the odds of it turning to rain??

Posted

Snowing heavy again, looks like it is set in for the night. :yahoo:

What's the odds of it turning to rain??

Well with North easterly's tonight its going to be pretty cold out there!