Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

It's a massive "Snow Helloooooooo", with emphasis on the "Hell" from Surrey Heath. Loads of the white stuff with around a foot of lying snow. My memories of 1963 have come flooding back.

well i got a idear now of what 63 was like.

but 80s is my memories but trust me this year is getting close to them years for me but for many people 63 70s 80s must be close match.

anyway hope those who dont like this are warm and healthy and those who do like it are enjoying it.:yahoo:

Posted

I think i'm going to move to Portsmouth ... It's dumping city!

lucky id say right place at the right time i always look east west north and get downbeat by there dumpings but this time was right place right time.

imagine if that system was slighty futher west and north you could well have had what we got thats how lucky we where anyway theres more to come over the weekend maybe your be lucky and we wont be.

did you not have any at all?

Posted

I think i'm going to move to Portsmouth ... It's dumping city!

I wouldn't it's a bit of a dump! laugh.gif Also this is possibly the heaviest snow seen here since 1982, it's certainly not a common occurance! blink.gif

Apparently the A3M has been re-opened, at least between Bedhampton & Horndean...

Posted

In case anyone was wondering where the 'sweetspot' was overnight - check this out...

Somewhere to the West of Clanfield must have iro 50cm, surely?

post-2885-12627881184852_thumb.png

Posted

In case anyone was wondering where the 'sweetspot' was overnight - check this out...

Somewhere to the West of Clanfield must have iro 50cm, surely?

post-2885-12627881184852_thumb.png

My sister lives in Clanfield & she says the only vehicles she has seen coming down her road are tractors! It is very bad up there, just to the west is I think largely out in the sticks, but just south, in Horndean, my Mum was saying she measured 8 inches this morning, so must surely be at least another couple of inches deep now after all the heavy snow today...

Posted

I wouldn't it's a bit of a dump! laugh.gif Also this is possibly the heaviest snow seen here since 1982, it's certainly not a common occurance! blink.gif

Apparently the A3M has been re-opened, at least between Bedhampton & Horndean...

lmao yeah i agree but we do have a great football team lmao thats very skint.

glad i support chelsea really id be gutted if i was a pompey supporter feel sorry for them.

and if you think pompey is a dump leighparks worse the snow here is toxic lol.

few flurries nothing extreme now.

infact very sleety again.

Edited by badboy657

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Three inches here which is 1000 yards from the sea at 45ft asl' and 6-8 inches plus at the other end of the island. Yippee ;)

Its stopped now, don't think I will get much more here, maybe the odd flurry. More chance at the Eastern end of the IOW I think.

No busses and cars abandoned all over the place, trees collapsed under the weight of snow prevented me getting to Newport earlier. Got there in the end via country lanes, made it back only just because of other cars getting stuck and more trees. Very quiet here, bliss.

Russ

Posted

i rekon we'll get another few cm from that last band!! hopefully!! and by the time it gets here it should be getting dark so the temps will drop as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

Snowing heavy again in Reading, should get couple of inches more if it keeps on going for couple of hours!

Posted

Light snow on and off today near fareham. 4 inches in total, which is amazing for down here. I see there is an advanced warning out for Sunday as well. Does anyone know how likely this is, i can't imagine use getting anymore for another 20 years, let alone in 2 days time!

Edited by dibble34

Posted

Ok this could be the most stupid thing we have ever done ... but we have a friend stranded at heathrow airport! So are going up to pick him up. :yahoo:

M3/M25 looks slow but clear at the mo so hopefully should be ok.

Posted

I measured 8 inches here in Reading this morning, but that was at 10am and there have been some havey bursts since. Will update a bit later; off to buy some more salt, or failing that, cat litter! We have now surpassed both 1991 and 1987 on snowdepth, so I'm guessing that this is the most snow since 1981/2 in Reading.

Posted

looks as though that band is pepin up a bit as it gets closer

the band moving in from the north if so then yes i agree it does look like getting into the moderate cat.

intresting very gray here very fine snow now be very suprised if it get heavy again but it possible.:whistling:

Posted

the band moving in from the north if so then yes i agree it does look like getting into the moderate cat.

intresting very gray here very fine snow now be very suprised if it get heavy again but it possible.:blink:

i rekon as that passes over us in the next 1-2 hrs it will be fairly heavy

ETA: rekon about half hours worth of snow on it

Edited by coxxy22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Hi all,

Still snowing in Horndean/Waterlooville, quite fast but dusty small flakes. Keeps looking like it will stop, then starts again! Keep seeing bits of hazy blue sky though.

Just managed to get my car off the road and onto the drive thank goodness as a few people are driving and skidding about a bit! Never thought I'd need a shovel......... biggrin.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

Just got my daughter to measure the snow, 23 cm / 9 inches, thast the highest I seen in my life in Reading and its still snowing! drunk.gif

Edited by XLNC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Ok this could be the most stupid thing we have ever done ... but we have a friend stranded at heathrow airport! So are going up to pick him up. :air_kiss:

M3/M25 looks slow but clear at the mo so hopefully should be ok.

Have a safe journey, Beka. Should be OK if you avoid the slush - just come back from walking the dog and it was icing up as we were coming home.

Breaking news on News24 - 5000 homes in Sussex without electricity :drinks:

Posted

ahh looks as though its diein as its gettin closer

got some really light snow at the moment but hey im a very happy chappy either way

roll on sunday i say lol back to model watchin lol

Posted

ahh looks as though its diein as its gettin closer

got some really light snow at the moment but hey im a very happy chappy either way

roll on sunday i say lol back to model watchin lol

id forget model watchin breakdown is close eastern areas look best for weekend.

and then breakdown from the west next week with possible mild southerlys gp did say febuary was looking very mild so treasure this moment most likely the lst event we will see until next year.

but my what a event its been excellent:drinks: