Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted

well i have never seen so much snow over a period in gosport, still snowing heavy here

have to keep throwing water at the sat dish, as snow keeps covering it, so i can watch the cricket while working at home

You want one of these

http://www.montanasatellite.com/satellite_dish_heaters.htm

:p

Still snowing steadily here in Reading...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

should be light snow now infact could turn to sleet.

radar now showing end for heavy snow for portsmouth iow starting to brighten up now.

to be honest i think id rather have sun than sleet or drizzle so not all bad.

its been a event i will remember for the rest of my life i hope this is the start of winters of this type in the future,

id like to see a thread to see what some of the older and more experienced posters think of winters like this in the future becoming reality.

oh yeah i have a video on you tube but im rather rubbish at videos and stating the obvious like its snowing lol but thats just general excitement,

also my camera was getting rather wet so its only short video i post link a little later.

lol

and i post the one from later this morning with me my misus and my kids and yes i look like a chav lol.:unsure:

Posted

still snowin here in pompey

I CANT BELEIVE IT!!!! lol weve had loads id say about 5-6 inches so far

UNREAL !!!!

made meself a snowman(lady) lol

post-6798-12627783874252_thumb.jpg

post-6798-12627784030252_thumb.jpg

Posted

UNREAL !!!!

cool snowman :whistling:

its turned to lighter type of snow, dandruff now, still falling havily though in gosport

my weather station is covered over now, need a heater for that too, its showing silly temps, shown in my pic

gos1.JPG

gos2.JPG

Posted

Yep around 6 inches now in Southsea, unbelieveable! Still coming down too...

Copnor bridge has been closed & all train services have been suspended around Portsmouth & Fareham...

Posted

UNREAL !!!!

thats awsome.:p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

East of Reading 12:00 still snowing! We have upto 9 inches in places.

06012010055.jpg

06012010056.jpg

Posted

well, its gone 12 noon here in basingstoke and it still hasnt stopped snowing.

has gotten slightly more intense in the past 20 minutes. snowflakes are the small dandruff type , but there is plenty more in the sky - clouds are a complete whiteout.

Posted

stopped in gosser now...for how long who knows...

thats about it me thinks maybe something around teatime maybe.

i dont know if you have noticed but its melting rather fast and we still have a few or more hours for peak temps but i dont think it will all melt by tonight.

going to be very dangerous tomorrow when it freezes i reckon -15 very possible down here on the snowfields although wind may hinder this.

now all i want to see is records that have been or will be broken.:rofl::rofl::shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

i dont know if you have noticed but its melting rather fast and we still have a few or more hours for peak temps but i dont think it will all melt by tonight.

going to be very dangerous tomorrow when it freezes i reckon -15 very possible down here on the snowfields although wind may hinder this.

now all i want to see is records that have been or will be broken.cold.gifbiggrin.gif:shok:

i have been studying the weatheronline rainfall chart and there is more snowfall on way...laugh.gif the precipitation keeps building out near brighton way and keeps swinging in and hitting the iow !!! love it!!

Posted

now all i want to see is records that have been or will be broken.cold.gifbiggrin.gifyahoo.gif

Still snowing here, hasn't stopped at all, just got lighter. BBC weather have us getting flurries into the evening, infact h Met Office weather warning go on until 8 pm...

I very much doubt it would go as low as -15C down here lol! The record low in Hampshire is -18C, over a hundred years ago & that was in Farnborough... Possible that -10C/-11C for northern Hampshire & you will probably go as low as -6C/-7C in Leigh Park. Here in Southsea the record low is only around -9C & not expecting it to go any lower than -3C/-4C down here on Portsea Island...

Edited by SunnySouthCoast

Posted

i have been studying the weatheronline rainfall chart and there is more snowfall on way...laugh.gif the precipitation keeps building out near brighton way and keeps swinging in and hitting the iow !!! love it!!

yep looks like atleast a few more hours of moderate snowfall for the iow awsome stuff.:drinks:

been excellent stuff though sunnysouthcoast and i dont know if you noticed that the met o have issued a early warning form more on sunday this time siberia type so no marginal in there.

even if we got another 2 inches it would be awsome maybe im being greedy now lol.

on the downside model outputs looking at a breakdown although to early to really say 100% id think its the likely outcome,

also febuary is suggested to be very mild.

as a extreme weather fanatic id like to see febuary do the same and then 63 could be under threat.

but thats me being selfish and i do have consideration for the people that dont like or cant cope with this weather type i already had a young couple who where stranded from aldershot here in leigh park stay in my home.

so ive done something good out of all this.

anyway the cold continues for now and lets see what happens my fingers are crossed for continuation.:D

Edited by badboy657

Posted

Yep noticed that badboy, South Today weather says snow possible over whole region until later this evening, dry & sunny tomorrow, more flurries Friday & Saturday with more persistant snow Sunday! yahoo.gif

Though odly the forecast for inshore waters today had 16C with snow, lol rofl.gif

Posted

yep thats it now iow will be out of the snowzone within the hour,

no more for us for awhile low pulling away now front to our north is also weakening so just light sleet or snow in the wind,

with even some sunshine likely tonight will be brrrrrrrrrrr coldddddd.

Yep noticed that badboy, South Today weather says snow possible over whole region until later this evening, dry & sunny tomorrow, more flurries Friday & Saturday with more persistant snow Sunday! yahoo.gif

Though odly the forecast for inshore waters today had 16C with snow, lol rofl.gif

marginal inshore eevent then lol.

i think snow this evening unlikely the front there talking about is already fizzling out to our north.

but hey its been super stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

I'm getting concerned now! I'm visiting IOW on business, I've had to cancel my appointments today and it was a struggle to get back tothe hotel in Sandown. Now I'm worried that I won't be able to get home to Kent tomorrow!

Very heavy snow here now in Sandown and it has been like this for hours...

Posted

I'm getting concerned now! I'm visiting IOW on business, I've had to cancel my appointments today and it was a struggle to get back tothe hotel in Sandown. Now I'm worried that I won't be able to get home to Kent tomorrow!

Very heavy snow here now in Sandown and it has been like this for hours...

dont worry the worst is nearly over maybe even some sunshine in the next hour or so.:good:

id expect also gritters will be out in force within the next hour or two on the iow and here in hampshire.

Edited by badboy657

Posted

Badboy we will still see show showers until the evening, it is just the persistant snow that is dying out...

A3M closed northbound from Portsmouth to Guildford, southbound open...

Posted

It's a massive "Snow Helloooooooo", with emphasis on the "Hell" from Surrey Heath. Loads of the white stuff with around a foot of lying snow. My memories of 1963 have come flooding back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Hi everyone!

Just got back from a long walk - still snowing in Horndean area albeit a lot lighter than yesterday evening - seems to come in peaks and troughs. People down the road are building an igloo - will try and get a pic of that later!

Sounds like Surrey is bad! We've got about 9 inches now - still can't believe the amount of people trying to drive and skidding all over the place! Glad everyone is enjoying especially Portsmouth/IOW area where snow is notoriously difficult to come by!! biggrin.gif