Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted

I am just to the left of Fareham and Pompey, we have lightish snow now, what is it like that way on? Think you could do really well that way on :clap:

Posted

Still snowing here on the IOW.

Just been out for a walk and we have at least 3 inches, and it's still coming down heavily.

My cat is NOT impressed.

He hasn't had a pee since this morning and he's started to walk funny.

But will he go out? Um, no. He won't. :)

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Neither of my cats like going outside either, instead they use the bathroom mats, lovley. Putting them out the cat flap is like trying to wallpaper a ceiling. They really hate snow, and cold. They now command the biggest radiators in the house, and hiss at me if I go anywhere near them (the radiators) :clap:

Infact the're getting more like Simon's cat every day!

http://www.youtube.com/user/simonscat?blend=1&ob=4

Posted

Still heavy sleet here been like it past hour-everything is coated in ice,temp is 0.6c,needs to drop a notch i take it for just snow

Amazing weather for IOW enjoy it folksdrinks.gif

Posted

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Putting them out the cat flap is like trying to wallpaper a ceiling.

Infact the're getting more like Simon's cat every day!

:wallbash: wallpapering a ceiling is a very accurate description.

Also applies to pet travel carriers and vets appointments.

I love Simon's cat! His new book is hilarious.

If this snow doesn't ease, I will have to take His Lordship outside and

hold an umbrella over him while he thinks about it. :wallbash:

Getting to work tomorrow is going to be tricky.. just seen a 4x4 go down the hill sideways!

Snow seems to be getting heavier too.

Posted

Could I go all winter without a single flake?? DO I live in the only town not to have had snow??

I don't want to hear anybody complaining about their 'measly 5cm' after this! Grrrrr :D

I am a born optimist but this is trying, even for me. The thing is I could take it being a 'geographical thing', but it's not, it was pure bad luck in this case.

Ah well at least this wasn't the 'breakdown event' so maybe my time will come.

Posted

Could I go all winter without a single flake?? DO I live in the only town not to have had snow??

I don't want to hear anybody complaining about their 'measly 5cm' after this! Grrrrr :D

I am a born optimist but this is trying, even for me. The thing is I could take it being a 'geographical thing', but it's not, it was pure bad luck in this case.

Same here in Poole my friend. Is there any chance on the wrap around it may come back south over us?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

i really really cannot believe the ammount of snow we have had!! the isle of wight is beauttiful in cms of lovely heavy snow!! i have not known anything like this in years since 87???? im delighted!! snowball fights ..... walking up to the shop!! it was like central park in new york!!!im so so happy!!! drinks.gif sis im delighted!! shanklin is covered!! ps dont travel unless u have a tank haha!!!! whistling.gif still coming down!!!!!

Posted

7 flakes so far none of which have settled sub zero watching with interest hampshire reports what a diverse county we have anyway for those with plenty of snow enjoy it.

Posted

My sister has text me to say there has been lightning in Fleet!

quiet likely that the flashes your sister saw was overhead powerlines shorting out, either snow or tress falling onto the lines.

No sign of lightning on the detector.

Posted

You certainly have had a raw deal from this event when it was looking so promising. Do you think there might be a chance for you later on in the night into tomorrow as the snow wraps back around from the north? There were forcasts of snow to the north of you and you know it's so difficult to predict these sorts of things.

edit. Yes I was wondering the same thing Kent

Edited by Looking Up

Posted

:) wallpapering a ceiling is a very accurate description.

Also applies to pet travel carriers and vets appointments.

I love Simon's cat! His new book is hilarious.

If this snow doesn't ease, I will have to take His Lordship outside and

hold an umbrella over him while he thinks about it. :huh:

Getting to work tomorrow is going to be tricky.. just seen a 4x4 go down the hill sideways!

Snow seems to be getting heavier too.

Hehehehehehehehe I quite agree about the umbrella, I keep finding them sneaking into the garage and sitting purposefully on one of my motorbikes, then seeing them skatter as the alarm goes off, again!

Gosh, if 4x4 are having trouble then I'm deffinetly "working from home" tomorrow :)

Posted

jesus gosport had 2 inches, still going strong net weather extra radar showing more to come, roads not gritted, serious stuff

Posted

jesus gosport had 2 inches, still going strong net weather extra radar showing more to come, roads not gritted, serious stuff

Awesome! I hope it keeps on coming!

Posted

Very odd weather here on the Sussex coast,heavy hail showers then an hour of heavy sleet turning everything white,temp down to 0.5, now raining and temp has shot up in the last 30 mins to 1.4c

Need the wind to turn around to offshore to see proper snow here i should imagine-flipping frustrating eveningwallbash.gif

Posted

You certainly have had a raw deal from this event when it was looking so promising. Do you think there might be a chance for you later on in the night into tomorrow as the snow wraps back around from the north? There were forcasts of snow to the north of you and you know it's so difficult to predict these sorts of things.

edit. Yes I was wondering the same thing Kent

TBH I don't hold up a lot of hope looking at the radar as it stands at the moment.

Seriously though I am so chuffed for those in the Isle of Wight and indeed everybody else getting the snow right now. Enjoy and spare a thought for me while your rolling around in the lovely white stuff! :)

Posted

blimey?! the isle of wight is one of the least likely places in britain to get snow, well done down there :blush: 8)

Here's to hours of fun to come :whistling:

Posted

Well hello to our (slightly more) eastern counterparts

I was just about to ask in here if the isle of wight is seeing snow, and had my question answered....some ridiculously high precip rates down there at the moment, fantastic to see! I was down there over the summer seeing a friend and can appreciate how difficult itll be to get around anywhere down there with icy roads - I dont think i actually spotted a level road :cold:

Good luck to you all this evening though! A truely extreme event for us all ;)

Kind Regards

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

2"-3" in Freshwater Bay. At sea level 2" my house 3", epic journey home with landrover towing trailer with one ton of firewood on, lots of stuck and getting stuck cars, made it though, along the military rd in the rain(right next to sea), but snowing and dangerous when I got within 2 miles of home. The beach is now covered.

Tomorrow is the day IMO.

I don't want to go to work I want to play in the snow :lol: I am 44.........

Russ

" = inch

Posted

Why cant that bloody band of snow move west a little and give others a chance. It seems to be circulating around in an anti clockwise circle and taking the same path.

Posted

At least 4 inches now here over the water in Southsea blink.gif Most I have ever seen down here! Such huge flakes still coming down heavy too cold.gif