Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Isn't it frustrating to be sooooo close.

Looks like once again for Hampshire its Portsmouth that gets the dumping! Unless all changes later.

I've just been looking at traffic cameras on traffic England. A27 near Portsmouth really bad with a depth of snow covering all carriageways, A3 Chichester area up to Guildford not too clever. Further North M4 around Reading looking bad too. http://www.trafficengland.com/index.aspx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

snow so far in Reading....

I think we in Reading are right in the firing line, with that radar, its all over us constantly!

Posted

Still coming down heavy in Southsea! Amazing at least 3 inches deep now!! Best snow for years drinks.gif

Posted

I think we in Reading are right in the firing line, with that radar, its all over us constantly!

just been out and measured, 4cm so far only another 36 to go! That would be ridiculous. Shame my skis are stuck at Geneva airport!!

Posted

I assume the http://www.trafficengland.com/trafficcamera.aspx?cameraUri=http://public.hanet.org.uk/cctvpublicaccess/html/19325.html M27 J9 parkgate is at a standstill as people walking in the carriageway. To the east of porstmouth M27 is stationery too. Think motorists trapped in cars on M27 will be headline news for those in the south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Started again in Southampton. Not heavy but big, fat flakes.

Please, please, please carry on all night!!! :(

Posted

how is the Isle of Whiteout doing?

i was going to say 'maybe a bit flakey' but if southsea has 3 inches then maybe the cold is hanging in there down on the coastal fringes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

I assume the http://www.trafficengland.com/trafficcamera.aspx?cameraUri=http://public.hanet.org.uk/cctvpublicaccess/html/19325.html M27 J9 parkgate is at a standstill as people walking in the carriageway. To the east of porstmouth M27 is stationery too. Think motorists trapped in cars on M27 will be headline news for those in the south

"Drivers have begun abandoning their vehicles on the A27 at Park Gate because they are unable to get traction on the road due to snow and ice.

The road is reportedly partially blocked between junction 9 of the M27 and Segensworth Road and Southampton Road, and queues are stretching back on to the motorway."

Posted on the Daily Echo website at 6:48. Usual idiot comments underneath :(

Posted

Got 3-4 inches her in Bishops Waltham, still snowing, but not as much. Can't believe Winchester has so little, it's only 10 miles up the road from me. Hopefully it will get some later

Posted

Good evening all fellow southerners :-)

Here in Cranleigh (10miles south of guildford/10miles north of Horsham) its been snowing hard for last 30mins, also getting flashes of thundersnow !!!

Got a fair covering already of approx 1" and this is just the beginning .....stay safe everyone.

Posted

Isn't it frustrating to be sooooo close.

Looks like once again for Hampshire its Portsmouth that gets the dumping! Unless all changes later.

Still snowing heavily in Odiham! Think that I am right on the edge of the precipitation. Have about 8cm at the moment. I am hoping that the ppn doesn't move any further east, although that is looking increasingly likely. Just about to look at the 8pm radar, that should give me a clue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

really thanks kold im very impressed now im happy with what i have any more is a bonus.:drunk:

post-9143-12627227222052_thumb.jpg

Edited by badboy657

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

wow.

brillant stuff here,

id say about 4 to 6 cm still snowing heavy judging by the radar it will stop soon maybe 30mins or so.

but it lovely and im really happy.:cold::cold:

post-9143-12627227222052_thumb.jpg

Posted

"Drivers have begun abandoning their vehicles on the A27 at Park Gate because they are unable to get traction on the road due to snow and ice.

The road is reportedly partially blocked between junction 9 of the M27 and Segensworth Road and Southampton Road, and queues are stretching back on to the motorway."

Posted on the Daily Echo website at 6:48. Usual idiot comments underneath :cold:

Thanks for the confirmation katemart, so late night shopping at Hedge End not the best moved I'd make tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

how is the Isle of Whiteout doing?

OMG MG OMG Ive not seen anything like this in so many years!! It is literally a whiteout!! at long last yay!! ;)

It has been blizzarding for hours and is showing no sign of letting up!! :)

Hows it going over your way??

Posted

Its gone very slushy here in Basingstoke, not much in the way of big flakes. I don't think this'll beat what Basingstoke experianced before Christmas.

I'm hoping that the heavy percip comes to pass later on, and hopefully the temps would have dropped too.

Posted

Still snowing here on the IOW.

Just been out for a walk and we have at least 3 inches, and it's still coming down heavily.

My cat is NOT impressed.

He hasn't had a pee since this morning and he's started to walk funny.

But will he go out? Um, no. He won't. :nonono:

Posted

thick mist here - what a let down, if I was only 30 miles to my east

Posted

OMG MG OMG Ive not seen anything like this in so many years!! It is literally a whiteout!! at long last yay!! :nonono:

It has been blizzarding for hours and is showing no sign of letting up!! :nonono:

Hows it going over your way??

very little here, but hey we had 8-10 cms before xmas

enjoy it i think i it could be around for some time.

or north Wallop!!!

still along time to go yet, i am amazed how long so little snow last when you get propper cold temps before the snow!

Edited by Stoxs