Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hello, as per some quotes in the cold discussion thread (keep going Netweather)

Got about 2.5 cms here in Newbury but its stopped dry.gif and seems to be melting.... so might be very slushy here soon blush.gif

Hello fellow Newburyite, love the name btw.

I measured 5mm earlier at 6pm and it has been steadily falling ever since, as for melting I certainly wouldn't think it would?

Currently AirTemp 0.2c and Dp -0.2c albeit close to sleetliness at those figures.

Much more fun to come though.

Cheers

STORMBOY

Posted

As I said in the SE+EA thread, expect a secondary bullseye close to Portsmouth...

VERY interesting development with a circulation developing and moving towards the IoW which is powering up quite a nasty region of convection, could well see thundersnow in the next 30 mins between say Southampton and Chichester...

Posted

Hi all you locals, not often i post, in fact prob a first !

About 2 to 3 inch in stubbington at the moment and getting heavier.

Some nice blue flashes up the road towards Titchfield, so looks like some power lines down.

Some guy walking down the road said they were snaking about on the ground.

Looks like its here for the night, as looking at meteox the radar shows the low circling above us in the fareham area.

Now being a weather newby, i think we might get this all again later looking at the way the satellite pics are moving.

Anyway, enjoy what you have, as i have not seen this good since the 70s

For info...outside temp 0.8 deg with 998mb pressure.

Edited by tufty

Posted

so was it just early then or is this the weather we were due to get overnight/early mornin ???

As I said in the SE+EA thread, expect a secondary bullseye close to Portsmouth...

VERY interesting development with a circulation developing and moving towards the IoW which is powering up quite a nasty region of convection, could well see thundersnow in the next 30 mins between say Southampton and Chichester...

when should we expect this secondary bullseye kold ????

Posted

Like the look of this New twist Kold turning the PPN northwest over me!

keep watching those radar and lampost folks

Posted

50mm and counting here in Cranleigh(nr guildford) looking at www.raintoday.co.uk it looks like we're in for alot more :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

kold you reckon that convection over the channel to the south of the iow do you think thats heading are way to?

because if it is omg.

:good:im happy so bloody happy this is like nothing ive seen before 7 inches is the most ive seen back in the day.

i hope loads of other people get some aswell noticed on the bbc weather for tomorrow a big line of prolonged snow from west to east through m4 with another banned behind it,

i take back everything i said about earlier how very wrong was i.

Posted

Without wishing to steal kolds thunder, excuse the pun,but on viewing the satellite images this low is moving in an anti clock wise direction and appears to be pivoting between southampton and chichester, now i am definately no weather expert, but i have the view that what we are getting now, we get again, probably about 0300hrs or so.....more to come i think.

Just enjoy it, it doesnt happen here that often !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

:good:im happy so bloody happy this is like nothing ive seen before 7 inches is the most ive seen back in the day

badboy, get out there with your ruler.

Come on folks, let's have some figures. I think I'll stay where I am and have another shot of brandy.

Lamppost watcher STORMBOY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Without wishing to steal kolds thunder, excuse the pun,but on viewing the satellite images this low is moving in an anti clock wise direction and appears to be pivoting between southampton and chichester, now i am definately no weather expert, but i have the view that what we are getting now, we get again, probably about 0300hrs or so.....more to come i think.

Just enjoy it, it doesnt happen here that often !

does that mean we get another dumping on the iow>??????will it move back over us??? we still have a warning til 11am tomoz! a lot of precipitation around us!!!???

Posted

Hello, as per some quotes in the cold discussion thread (keep going Netweather)

Hello fellow Newburyite, love the name btw.

I measured 5mm earlier at 6pm and it has been steadily falling ever since, as for melting I certainly wouldn't think it would?

Currently AirTemp 0.2c and Dp -0.2c albeit close to sleetliness at those figures.

Much more fun to come though.

Cheers

STORMBOY

I was out taking pictures in Ham Basin Marina ( live on a Narrowboat)

and it seemed to be sleet rather than snow...

guess I got all pessimistic and disappointed!! :cold:

Posted

I've been looking at the Radar alot watching how the precipitation has twisted around this low for the last few hours and the eastward progression of the main band of snow seems to have gradually slowed its march eastwards with each frame of the radar leaving me right on the western edge which is better than I anticipated for my location. It's great to see some of the places who find it so hard to get snow having a good dollop tonight. Those depths from the IOW are fantastic :cold:

Posted

ohh moving back west again, might se another 3-4mm LOL

Oooh so it is. Ver very light dundruff now after nothing for the past 2 hours.

Posted

does that mean we get another dumping on the iow>??????will it move back over us??? we still have a warning til 11am tomoz! a lot of precipitation around us!!!???

Dont get your hopes up Lee, as i say i am no expert, but the wrap around of this low, in my view will come back and hit us again befor heading south east...time will tell

Posted

Hi

Snowing since 6pm when I left work in Guildford, now have 7cm in Camberley Still snowing but much lighter,smaller flakes. Almost rain/sleet now as i type. :wallbash:

Could be good news as I have to get son back to uni in Swansea sometime this week.

Hi

Snowing since 6pm when I left work in Guildford, now have 7cm in Camberley Still snowing but much lighter,smaller flakes. Almost rain/sleet now as i type. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

We have over 4 inches and still snowing in east of Reading!!!!! drunk.gif

Posted

I was out taking pictures in Ham Basin Marina ( live on a Narrowboat)

and it seemed to be sleet rather than snow...

guess I got all pessimistic and disappointed!! unsure.gif

Ha ha, many hours and days of fun yet.

Where's this Ham Basin Marina then? Nice to live on a narrowboat but I fear you may not be going far for a while.

Snowy Cheers

STORMBOY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

yes it seems its turning sleety omg i hope not id be gutted by morning my kids with be very upset:unsure:

still i have some pics.

post-9143-12627299020052_thumb.jpg

post-9143-12627300344852_thumb.jpg

post-9143-12627301498552_thumb.jpg

sorry about the pics stupid camera.

Edited by badboy657

Posted

yes it seems its turning sleety omg i hope not id be gutted by morning my kids with be very upset:unsure:

still i have some pics.

post-9143-12627299020052_thumb.jpg

post-9143-12627300344852_thumb.jpg

post-9143-12627301498552_thumb.jpg

sorry about the pics stupid camera.

Great, I couldn't figure it out but it looked like 4 inches or so, is that right?

I reckon we now have 2 inches here outside

STORMBOY

Posted

Ha ha, many hours and days of fun yet.

Where's this Ham Basin Marina then? Nice to live on a narrowboat but I fear you may not be going far for a while.

Snowy Cheers

STORMBOY

At the back of B & Q off the A4..

No not going anywhere as the canal has been frozen solid for days!!

Posted

yeah im measurein just over 4 1/2 :o

snow has stopped and winds have picked up now

so whats our chances of seeing this come back for another dusting??? will the low pull it all back in a sw'ly direction ??

have the winds already changed back to a ne'ly ??? cause i know we were pulling the air in off the channel at one point