Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hello people.

My measurements as of the official recording time for professional stations i.e. 9am.

My amateur observations were 135mm (approx 5 1/2 inches in old money) laying snow and technically bloody cold.

It still snows and snows.

Take Care

PS! Where should I look online for official reports from official stations I wonder?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

snowing in shanklin on the iow!!! getting heavy now!! just heard the man from wroxall weather station say we might get 8inch today!!!!! dont know about that??? hope so!!!whistling.gif

well weather online radar updated every 10 mins it increasing in strength and already with us.

indeed net weather radar itself shows clearly whats happening perhapes another hours maybe 2 hours worth but thats pushing it.

bbc weather talk of sleet rain on the coast so expect melting from mid day onwards.:):):)

Does your computer work on petrol?

most likely laptop or solar powered lol,

laptop me thinks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Proper snow again here in Southampton since about 8:30, after a couple of snizzly showers overnight. Seems to be a bit of a breeze as the flakes are blowing about, not coming straight down as it did last night. Still only a couple of cms, but will try and get piccies/measurements at the peak.

May I please pass my respects on to everybody who has been putting themselves at risk to help others. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Radio Solent just reported that 50 people spent the night in Newport bus station: "one of the grimmest places on the planet, poor sods" :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Radio Solent just reported that 50 people spent the night in Newport bus station: "one of the grimmest places on the planet, poor sods" laugh.gif

haha !! the place has been completley rebuilt now haha!! i would of perished in the snow rather than stay in the old one!!! whistling.gif snowing heavy in shanklin !! im loving it!!!drinks.gif

Posted

unbelievable.. woke up this morning here in Basingstoke and its STILL snowing.

bbc news is reporting that the military were called out to help stranded motorists on the A3 in Berkshire. apparently there are still folks stranded on that route.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

about 4-5 inches - had another 2 cm's already this morning

It is snowing in Bournemouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Morning all!

Still snowing heavily in Waterlooville/Horndean - started about 8.30 am again. Just had a good cooked breakfast now going out to play in it! Hope you're all having fun and staying safe. drinks.gif

Posted

Snowed heavily in Winch from about 7.45 to 9, now much lighter.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the Channel, fancy surfing in Dinard? Lovely live webcam of snow covered beach.

http://www.viewsurf.com/vue-174-Dinard_-_Plage.html

Posted

Here a few miles inland from eastbourne and Pevensey we had about half an hour of heavy snow at about 8pm last night then it turned to rain. i looked out the window a few times during the night and it was rain until about 5am when it was turning sleety. it was snow by about 7am however it's very slushy here and although it's still snowing it doesn't seem to be settling anymore.

Anyone know if i can expect any decent settling snow??

When i lived in crawley it was mainly snowless for the 14 years i lived there, now just as i move down here (well 3 years ago) i realise this is a pretty poor place for decent snow even when everywhere else is getting battered.

Posted

Total white out in Southsea, at least another inch has fallen this morning, so thats 5 inches that have fallen here so far! cold.gif

No buses at all running in Portsmouth area, most schools shut, Gunwharf Quays is also closed...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

BBC1 have a special programme on the snow at 11am. (Thought would copy from South East thread)

Thanks for that! I cant believe what im seeing here in newport it is amazing, absolutely beautiful!! :cold::clap: Its cmg down sooo heavy now Ive not seen anything like this since i was a kid!!! (20 odd years) WOOHOO!! :drinks::yahoo:

Posted

well i have never seen so much snow over a period in gosport, still snowing heavy here

have to keep throwing water at the sat dish, as snow keeps covering it, so i can watch the cricket while working at home

Edited by lettice

Posted

Hi - 3 inches here. Daniels said it was snowing this morning when he got up so that added another inch to the 2 from last night. 3 inches ... not bad for this area! Still a long way to go to get to me 16 :drinks::drinks: