Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Snowing in Chelmsford? There's nothing in South Woodham Ferrers! Radar shows the PPN has died in the last hour. Dusting Feb 09, meager 2cm in Dec. This location is living up to its reputation as the driest in England and more arid than Damascus.

Posted

Lots of snow here in Bushey (near Watford), Hertfordshire. A good 6 or 7 cm out there now and has snowed for the past hour. Getting heavier.

Posted

I know many to the south of me will now be salivating at the white fairy dust falling from the sky, but up here in not so snow drenched Suffolk I've been looking at the latest Fax charts for 96 (Sat) and 120 (Sun)...

96 Fax

120 Fax

You would, wouldn't ya...wink.gif

PS - Of course modifications will be made to these charts, but the general theme for the coming days looks nice indeed...

TUE -J

Like your sig TUE. drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Wouldn't worry too much that far off, 18z GFS has southern UK with 850 temps at 12z Sunday below -10C!!!

Ah! Thank you Nicholas, just wanted a bit of reassurance.

Regards,

Tom.

P.S. Thick and fluffy here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Still nothing here but looks hopeful for tomorrow morning . . . fingers crossed.

Enjoy your snow everyone and stay safe . . sleep time for me.

Janet x

Fingers crossed indeed!

Posted

anyone know if its snowing in Straford. Im working at the olympic site tomorrow, will the journey down the M11 be ok do you think ?

Posted

Can't understand your comments Paul??? Intensifing rapidly in the Thames between Kent and Essex and reports of heavy snow in benfleet, Rayleigh etc

Well it is Raining here - Sleet at best

Posted

I know, finally!! Still light at the mo. Hope some heavier stuff comes our way. The snow to the south seems to be petering out a bit from the latest radar. Anyone else notice that?

Yes, I have. Sounds awful but I really can do without this atm, two trips to Hosp with sick friend and Father having an op on Friday!!

So excuse me if I don't jump up and down. lol

Daughter in Leeds called this morning, she has 8 ins in her back garden. :shok:

Posted

asing off now, got about 1cm of snow at the moment, will probably get another 2-3cms over the next 24hrs or so...

Guildford looks like its been hammered on, going to be a very snowy trip when I go there, hope the trains aren't too much of a mess on Thursday!

High Kold Weather.

Thanks for all your forecasts and interpretations of the charts!drinks.gif

Not far from Guildford and we are approaching 5" on the untouched cars and its still coming.

Posted

Remarkably the snow seems to be pivoting around my very postcode. Did not reach East Herts on its eastern side and now the tilt up from London seems to be remaining a few miles south of this location.

But great to hear the stories of others in the region getting some. You can thank me for creating the pivot in my back garden.

Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire

:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Bigger and bigger flakes now. Very good covering, already a couple of cm's. So much more than I was expecting yesterday!

Posted

well stone the crows a covering in southend, with big flakes. Looks a brief affair though.

Posted

Snowing at Southend Airport now:

METAR EGLC 052320Z AUTO 08010KT 1000NDV -SN SCT002/// SCT006/// 00/M00 Q1000

WTF :shok:

I am lookking in the lamppost and it is coming down like Moderate Misty Rain with bits of Sleet!

That is incredible!

Some strange goings on around here - Shoeburyness have Sleet, Southend Central and Airport have snow and we have Sleet at best - Is there seriously a covering in Southend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

anyone know if its snowing in Straford. Im working at the olympic site tomorrow, will the journey down the M11 be ok do you think ?

Well its snowing in ilford, about 10mins away on the train from stratford. So yes it must be. A good few cm's at the moment.

Posted

Constant light to moderate snow here in Aylesbury from around 20:00 tonight and still going. Around 4 inches outside in the garden. Temp at -0.1, dew point -0.8.

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Remarkably the snow seems to be pivoting around my very postcode. Did not reach East Herts on its eastern side and now the tilt up from London seems to be remaining a few miles south of this location.

But great to hear the stories of others in the region getting some. You can thank me for creating the pivot in my back garden.

Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire

:yahoo:

MetO and the NAE model are suggesting nigh on 15 hrs more or less continuous snow for Stortford, Chelmsford, Sawbo starting at about 3 a.m. when the eastern band of snow coming in from the south is meant to get here. This picks up during the day circa 15.00hrs - presumably as what is now a front on the met charts peps up a bit.

Posted

You wouldn't have liked it at Sainsurys, Pepper Hill, quite a bit of panic buying today by pensioners.

That's very close to my youngest son's school, so he is hoping I won't be able to make it in the morning... Snow easing here in Gravesend now though, much lighter flakes, so that may be it for tonight

Posted

Snowing at Southend Airport now:

METAR EGLC 052320Z AUTO 08010KT 1000NDV -SN SCT002/// SCT006/// 00/M00 Q1000

Can confirm that as I leave a stones throw from there, a very nice layer forming now strange Paul S is getting sleet as I work in Leigh and they normally do a little better than central southend!

Posted

Reckon it is, the M11 is known to be a Snow magnet. Spent a happy 8 hrs on it a few years ago.

Check before you leave is my advise.

Good Luck.