Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

The snow seems to be getting lighter on the radar. Fizzling out? Will it get fuelled again by moisture off the estuary?

Posted

If the snow gets heavy can it settle on top of grit?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Settling nicely now in east London, great to see after the day's wait! I think my girlfriend is worried by my obsession with this spell of snow, let's hope the central line is suspended tomorrow, could do with a snow day!yahoo.gif

Remember guys on the SE essex coast- we could be working in reverse to the other week- I sat & watched the band of snow come through Herts & Essex- then as the snow picked up the surface air from the thames through lift then the dewpoints & WBPT went up by 1c & we got rain-

THe same is happening tonight- but reverse for the onshore flow over Essex- I mentioned it earlier....

3 cm of snow here in Bex- still coming down nice- The only drive on my road thats clear is mine because I gritted it earlier-

S

Posted

As predicted earlier it's intensifing in the Thames heading towards Essex.

Great! I can look forward to even heavier sleet then... :lol:

EDIT: It is officially snowing now here, too (Shoebury, in the snowless wastes of South East Essex) :lol:

Edited by Blackie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Don't want to boast BUT here in South Redhill you cannot tell where the road ends and where the curbs start....and it is still very heavy snowfall. Well I did miss out on the the streamer last Feb!!!!! whistling.gif

BFTP

To be honest here I cant see where one house ends the other starts. Thank god I dont have a flat roof cold.gif

About 8 inches so far, I would assume around 15 inches when it ends ??. More snow in one day/night then say 10 winters bewteen 1990 and 2008

All the heavy stuff keeps passing over head here in Bicester

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

:lol:

Pleased for you KW. Really good call on the Eastward developments today. You deserve every flake you get mate :lol:

Yep well done Kold. Made a brilliant call yesterday. Why dont you replace some of the script readers at the BBC?

Posted

my mate works for southeastern in sevenoaks and is gonna try and get to work from eltham in his 18 yr old nissan.. for a 5am start tomz .. pure madness!!

Seriously, he must be mad! If this keeps up at this intensity for even another hour or two (although obviously I would want to be greedy and it go on for ages yet) he probably won't be able to move the car without digging it out with a shovel!

And even better, this snow ain't going to melt for ages yet - and will probably have a few top ups after too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

The snow seems to be getting lighter on the radar. Fizzling out? Will it get fuelled again by moisture off the estuary?

Our's is too. Where's my snow? What's going on? Someone mentioned 24 hrs of snow around our area....

Posted

I was thinking exactly the same, just kept lurking.

There is about 3cm here im Milton Keynes, the snow is heavy but the flakes are like dust, no matter though, as soon as there is 2 inches everything grinds to a halt when the school run mums get stuck on a 2% incline!

Wow - what a first post - you know how to make yourself popular! I'll have you know that not all school run mums are like that! unsure.gifblum.gif

Anyway - steady snowfall since about 6pm here in High Wycombe. We have about 5 inches - maybe more and still going. Luckily for Dan my daughter's school has already said her school is closed on the Bucks County Council website. Lucky for me too as I've already had a bottle of pink fizz drunk.gif

Posted

Steve M whats your take on the weekend. This snow is intense and will be with us for sometime as temps plummet -very rare. Will be even colder for the weekend. BBC going for heavy snow on Sunday with very cold temps from the East. Jan 1987 event maybe. :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

As predicted earlier it's intensifing in the Thames heading towards Essex.

Do you think I should open another beer and get lampost watching in an hour or so....will it make Braintree?

Posted

There's something in the wind but not sure what it is yet, westcliff/benfleet snow, shoebury sleet!

Yes its definately the white variety, have you got some over your way yet Paul S?

Edited by StLuke

Steve M whats your take on the weekend. This snow is intense and will be with us for sometime as temps plummet -very rare. Will be even colder for the weekend. BBC going for heavy snow on Sunday with very cold temps from the East. Jan 1987 event maybe. :whistling:

best case scenario from now-end of week is about 20-30 inches for B.Hill-

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

no tv aerial installs for me for a while..... blink.gif

Posted

Milder air moves into the S/SE on Sunday oddly:

http://212.100.247.145/fax/PPVO89.png