Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

No snow here in St. Ives :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

still raining, 35m ASL 0.2C, dewpoint -0.7C

How comes it raining , that wasn't forecast :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Getting its act together here in fleet street, not settling due to the ton of grit spread around here even on the pavements

Why do they have to spoil it with grit? Miserable sods. :rolleyes:

Posted

SLEET!! Typical Gravesend always the warmest place in the UK!:rolleyes:

Erm, I am also in Gravesend, and it is snowing heavily outside my window - large flakes and settling nicely! :rolleyes:

Posted

Hi

I have had this nagging worry for a few days now that some places are going to be very very unlucky, and I feel we are going to be one of those unlucky ones along with Coastal Suffolk and Coastal Norfolk, Wednesday always worried me and Darren tried to spur me on but from the look of the models the snow was always nuisence value for us with the whole lot clearing eastwards to give Sussex and Kent heavy precip tomorrow, Thursday and Friday I am stillnot sold on, but hey look what is in store for Saturday

Oh yeah sorry that is T96 - Pmsl nonono.gifpardon.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

18z NAE still gives 5cms of snow to southern Essex...

Pretty much if the front gets to the north or over us, then its going to have to come back south again Paul, thats the way to veiw it...but we really should get a good few hours of heavier snow here in S.Essex before it moves off further south.

Posted

Did it ? I thought that was west of London for those depths but I'm happy to be wrong. I should add I've had a bottle of Rioja so I'm perhaps a little under the influence

Yeah the 40cm band stretched from Essex through along the south side of the M4 basically. 20cm was across Kent and another much further north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

HEAVY SNOW :rolleyes:

s

Same as Starting to stick now too:drinks:

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Hi

I have had this nagging worry for a few days now that some places are going to be very very unlucky, and I feel we are going to be one of those unlucky ones along with Coastal Suffolk and Coastal Norfolk, Wednesday always worried me and Darren tried to spur me on but from the look of the models the snow was always nuisence value for us with the whole lot clearing eastwards to give Sussex and Kent heavy precip tomorrow, Thursday and Friday I am stillnot sold on, but hey look what is in store for Saturday

Oh yeah sorry that is T96 - Pmsl :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :drinks::rofl:

MetO are indicating another "event" for Sat - is this heavy showers on an Easterly wind, or something more organised?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Glad to see you have a light dusting down there. Think you might get 20cm

Places in North Oxfordshire might get 40cm +

Still heavy snow after 5hrs +

Ill add I dont remember so much snow in such a short time and I can go back to the mid 70s. Maybe 7 inches so far ?

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Did it ? I thought that was west of London for those depths but I'm happy to be wrong. I should add I've had a bottle of Rioja so I'm perhaps a little under the influence

It might be me clutching at straws...it seemed to show a band running across to Colchester and not moving south that fast....I may be completely wrong, but as the eternal optomist.....heres hoping!!drinks.gif

Posted

Glad to see you have a light dusting down there. Think you might get 20cm

Places in North Oxfordshire might get 40cm +

Still heavy snow after 5hrs +

Right.........

:good:

Edited by lizzieloo202

Posted

Sutton sw London ..... Moderate snow for an hour dewpoint 0 air temp 0 winds 34 n ......... So far haven't seen the intensity in the snow fall like there was in feb 09 Thames streamer . Still things developing all the time and did alex deakin really forecast 40 cm for the London region on BBC weather or did I misunderstand that ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

Erm, I am also in Gravesend, and it is snowing heavily outside my window - large flakes and settling nicely! :D

Tis now.:good:

Edited by Icebox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

brother lives in coldean brighton - said he got 4 inches in 90 mins, also says council nearly out of grit and he couldnt get up road to asda!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Why do they have to spoil it with grit? Miserable sods. whistling.gif

hear, hear, annoys me, along with weathermen that don't like snow mad.gif anyway, getting heavier nowyahoo.gif

Posted

How comes it raining , that wasn't forecast :good:

Unfortunately it was. There is a spike of 2/3C Theta-W values embedded in the southern part of the low. Since early forecasts put the low way west of the region, it was presumed that this spike would be over southern Somerset, or something: now it is further east, and a little further north.

Height makes all the difference - no sign of rain here just 10 miles north and 300ft higher.

Posted

Just started snowing here in last 5 mins.................................at last !!!!

Moderate snow and looks lke it is starting to settle.

What will the morning bring ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Re: Bluebell Hill: I live two miles from the top, and it is snowing and settling readily. However, given that this is because of an easterly projection of the arm - probably due to 700hPa forcing - I give it about an hour. Current depth is about 1cm, expecting 4-6cm in total.

However this is the first part of a two stage event for, at least, NW Kent. If the nortern edge of the front stalls within the next hour is is feasible that it will simply keep on snowing. At 6am, the mass to the north and west of Kent (London etc) will move back over our region, and current thinking is possible about another 20cms.

(Third part (thus/fri) is finally the North Sea becomes active on the back of a brisk Easterly, with reasonable possibilities of a Thames streamer, and convective showers)

I'm close to the Inn on the ( frozen ) Lake at Shorne. Its snowing heavily here, about 2cm. Feels warmer than of late. Temp 0.5c DP -2.3