Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

had a couple cm at about 9pm tonight in se north downs valley - ct18. looks like we wont get more from radar now but some people saying about it returning at 6am - is there more on the way - or do we miss out on the bingo again ?

thanks in afdvance :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Not as good as I was hoping for Essex and Thursday it all seems to be in the North East. Awesome for Kent and Sussex tomorrow though

Th latest Beeb forecast showed essex to be in the 40cm band on its latest forecast picking up a lot of snow coming down from the North tomorrow am/early PM

Although patience is a virtue I don't have!!!pardon.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

well we have a dusting....one of those ones where you can almost make out each individual flakes, but it seems to have come to a halt.

I'm wondering if this is the very northen edge of what BBC showed as a zone stretching to the east from Oxford to Colchester.

Got a song from the film "Enchanted" running through my head...."So Close..."

Posted

Coming down a real treat here in Iwade. Must admit I wasn't expecting my snow until tomorrow so this is a big bonus.

James

Posted

Re: Bluebell Hill: I live two miles from the top, and it is snowing and settling readily. However, given that this is because of an easterly projection of the arm - probably due to 700hPa forcing - I give it about an hour. Current depth is about 1cm, expecting 4-6cm in total.

However this is the first part of a two stage event for, at least, NW Kent. If the nortern edge of the front stalls within the next hour is is feasible that it will simply keep on snowing. At 6am, the mass to the north and west of Kent (London etc) will move back over our region, and current thinking is possible about another 20cms.

(Third part (thus/fri) is finally the North Sea becomes active on the back of a brisk Easterly, with reasonable possibilities of a Thames streamer, and convective showers)

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted

Not as good as I was hoping for Essex and Thursday it all seems to be in the North East. Awesome for Kent and Sussex tomorrow though

Hi

I have had this nagging worry for a few days now that some places are going to be very very unlucky, and I feel we are going to be one of those unlucky ones along with Coastal Suffolk and Coastal Norfolk, Wednesday always worried me and Darren tried to spur me on but from the look of the models the snow was always nuisence value for us with the whole lot clearing eastwards to give Sussex and Kent heavy precip tomorrow, Thursday and Friday I am stillnot sold on, but hey look what is in store for Saturday

Oh yeah sorry that is T96 - Pmsl :o :):) :o

Posted

Getting its act together here in fleet street, not settling due to the ton of grit spread around here even on the pavements

Posted

Th latest Beeb forecast showed essex to be in the 40cm band on its latest forecast picking up a lot of snow coming down from the North tomorrow am/early PM

Did it ? I thought that was west of London for those depths but I'm happy to be wrong. I should add I've had a bottle of Rioja so I'm perhaps a little under the influence

Posted

About 20 mins ago :o

027.jpg

Still snowing...........

yay, similar story down in the South West of MK!

Posted

Still none in Southend :o Never have I stared so intently at a lamp post in my life before :o

Boo got back from Greystones, Wicklow in Ireland Sunday to no snow and just got a text from my girlfriend there saying the snow there is mad at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

About 20 mins ago biggrin.gif

027.jpg

Still snowing...........

Glad to see you have a light dusting down there. Think you might get 20cm

Places in North Oxfordshire might get 40cm +

Still heavy snow after 5hrs +

Posted

You didn't catch where London (central) was in the 'band thing' did u?

Posted

Becoming heavier by the minute here in North Central London...

Posted

Hi

I have had this nagging worry for a few days now that some places are going to be very very unlucky, and I feel we are going to be one of those unlucky ones along with Coastal Suffolk and Coastal Norfolk, Wednesday always worried me and Darren tried to spur me on but from the look of the models the snow was always nuisence value for us with the whole lot clearing eastwards to give Sussex and Kent heavy precip tomorrow, Thursday and Friday I am stillnot sold on, but hey look what is in store for Saturday

Oh yeah sorry that is T96 - Pmsl :rolleyes::rolleyes::drinks::rofl:

Hi Paul, I share your concerns

If SE Essex weather was based on T96-T120 we'd be laughing.

Posted

Becoming heavier by the minute here in North Central London...

Posted

I notice on the bbc forecast that the snow peps up again in London lunchtime tomorrow-why is this seeing as the front moves away. My guess is instability from the easterly near the front but still learning- is this correct?