Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hi Winterfreak, I think you could be right about the North Sea, I've been watching the radar and the band to the south of us is just skirting here and heading back toward Surrey, looks like you are just on the edge of it.

Edited by k66yla

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

That was the depth of the snow on my car roof. Looks a lot more than 3 bloody centimetres on the roof on my out house.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Hi Winterfreak, I think you could be right about the North Sea, I've been watching the radar and the band to the south of us is just skirting here and heading back toward Surrey, looks like you are just on the edge of it.

So long as we get some more eh???!! :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Well there might be more to come yet, who knows ?!

Radar is looking good but as you say, will it continue to fall as snow ? I just SO don't want to go to work today. problem is I only work around the corner so it has to be really bad for me not to go in !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Got to be about 4/5 inches ??

Stay home!

Posted

Just watched CK on BBC Breakfast, looking at her radar graphics we won't get anymore until this afternoon :nonono: I know it changes all the time so I'll take them with a pinch of salt. :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Can somebody explain why with 520 Dam and 850mb temps of -8c we are still getting drizzle and dew points around freezing in the Thames area?

Posted

Good morning folks! Only a covering in Rochester so will be off to work in Maidstone in a bit.

Just seen the bbc forecast and it looks like I might be in for more smow, any experts around

Who can predict when and how much? Thanks

Posted

Morning,

A teeny weeny amount here Great Wakering, Essex. Couldn't even call it a dusting really.

Hope we get some today but i am not expecting any, i think it could well end up too warm to snow. :nonono:

Typical really, i missed the last lot just before Christmas as i was stuck in Charles de Gaulle airport unable to get home. :cc_confused:

Posted

More then you expected!:lol:

Morning!

Have to say I'm pleased with things so far: have about an inch here and it's still colming down albeit lightly.

Am looking forward to more through the day.

Have a good one everyone :D

Posted

Morning!

Have to say I'm pleased with things so far: have about an inch here and it's still colming down albeit lightly.

Am looking forward to more through the day.

Have a good one everyone :lol:

Hi!!!

We have over an inch here, but no snow falling........Yet......... Looking at BBC graphics you would think we are due more today, Not sure but could well get quite a bit more!

Edited by saint

Posted

my town in lancing near worthing right on the sea front has been under the heaveist ppn for 8 hours, but its just been raining, finlly in last hour got snow, yay! white sludge outside rolleyes.gif

Posted

Well got lots and lots of NO here! Just seen the BBC weather and looks like I am going to get lots more NO! Think this will be the only area in the uk without any snow at the end of the week, gutted :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

about 2cm here in Shorne, a bit of a damp squib really considering the hype that preceded this spell.

Looking at todays proceedings the LP area is heading away in a SSW direction taking the remaining snow with it. Dew points are still marginal in the Thames Estuary but these should start to improve later as a colder Easterly feed develops. As for precipitation, I wouldn't expect much if anything this morning in the North Kent area. Maybe a developing feed into the Estuary as the Easterly picks up.

Posted

not a thing last night but not unexpected. Will have to wait and see if anything happens today.

Temp has gone up from -4.3c to -3c in the past half hour.

Janet x

Edited by janetmh71

Posted

Well got lots and lots of NO here! Just seen the BBC weather and looks like I am going to get lots more NO! Think this will be the only area in the uk without any snow at the end of the week, gutted :lol:

Obviously you haven't seen that band of snow just to our N which is expected to intensify over our region and move S today. Also the Met O forecast says outbreaks of snow moving W tomorrow.

Posted

Coming down heavy again now, Kids schools are closed so they are going to be pleased, got 4"

Temp 0.1 Dew -0.6