Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

You guys in SE Essex are getting lucky, the band is somewhat back-building over you guys right now.

That would be the SE Essex coast. There is no PPN here in South Woodham Ferrers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

That's better much heavier in Gravesend and bigger flakes too! :drinks:

Posted

Complete and utter white out at Bexleyheath - has been heavy for a good hour or more. Old footsteps are now covered and it really quite a nice thick layer (well, around 4-5 cms!)

do you think the heavier stuff will make it to Ashford before dark?

Posted

Is anybody else having trouble opening the links posted on here this afternoon??

Yes, wetterzentrale, and now I can't refresh Will it Rain.

Posted

Is anybody else having trouble opening the links posted on here this afternoon??

1080 people here right now Andy. things will probably not work so well :drinks:

Posted

Is this snow just passing over me? or will it stick around a bit longer? hows it going to be for me tomorrow? and sunday i heard there was a lot on it's way?

Posted

Hello this is Stevenage reporting in.

We have 4cm here in total.

Had about 1.5cm overnight. Kids had to go in this morning much to their dismay. A few showers during the morning and then a bucketload between about 1pm and 3pm. Call from school to pick up kiddies at 1:30pm and had to drive home in a near blizzard.

All stopped now, and perfectly happy with what we have. This has been an amazing event, countrywide and we are really lucky I think to be still able to have this sort of set up.

I do feel sorry for those who have missed out and had nothing, and hope that the next few days compensates for that.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Snow along the front certainly heaviest towards and over the Thames Estuary looking at the radar, N Kent and SE Essex look like they are benefiting from frictional convergence along the coast of the Estuary as SST warmed moist flow off Estuary is forced to rise along coasts of kent and Essex, almost streamer conditions setting up with help of frontal uplift.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

is that only 1/2mm for the east coast for Sunday then - doesn't sound much?

Think that is per hour matey.

Posted

Tim get your eyes on Friday first. :drinks:

Can't see Fri as being a widespread event ... http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess= GFS and other models may be under estimating convective precip but I think it will be hit and miss with usual suspects seing higher totals on a direct line SE of the wash. When the wind backs to the East is when things will get interesting for ALL areas

Posted

Both GEM(DWD) and GFS in favour of the holy grail for us this weekend.

ECM normally in agreement with GEM.

Looking interesing and that is before tomorrow's dump from the NE!

Hope I'm wrong but going by that GFS 12z ppn chart you posted up 2mm is not a holy grail! :drinks:

Posted

Heavy snow just starting in Biggin Hill been snowing lightly all day total snow about 20cms ins -Roads clear this morning so drove to work in Bromley where only about an 3 cms had fallen. Dropped a colleague off in Warlingham which is bad and drove back up Westerham Hill looks as though I just about made it as heavy snow is now falling with a biting wind. :drinks:

Posted

do you think the heavier stuff will make it to Ashford before dark?

Not sure - hopefully someone with a bit more weather knowledge than me could answer for you :drinks:

I am so pleased I stayed off work today. I had feelings of guilt around midday but not now - especially as South Eastern trains are stopping their services on all lines to and from London & Dartford between 7-8pm tonight rolleyes.gif

Both GEM(DWD) and GFS in favour of the holy grail for us this weekend.

ECM normally in agreement with GEM.

Looking interesing and that is before tomorrow's dump from the NE!

PPN belt now beginning to exit essex coast- so clearer air now appearing there- I expect once the skies clear across the region tonight- temps will plummet to -5c-

I also expect tome reports of very heavy snow to start coming in from, bluewater,Gravesend, down towards Sittingbourne- as highlighted earlier-

S temp here down another notice- 0.2c

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Not sure - hopefully someone with a bit more weather knowledge than me could answer for you smile.gif

I am so pleased I stayed off work today. I had feelings of guilt around midday but not now - especially as South Eastern trains are stopping their services on all lines to and from London & Dartford between 7-8pm tonight rolleyes.gif

shok.gifshok.gif

Posted

Can antone tell me is the wind direction right for that lot in the near north sea/channel to be pushed west over east kent tonight?? met ofice are showing heavy snow for me from now till midnight but this snow band seems to be moving through very quickly!! ANYONE??

Posted

Hello this is Stevenage reporting in.

We have 4cm here in total.

Are you sure you dont mean 4in? I'm in Knebworth and we have at least 4 inches!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Snizzle here , hates snizzle :drinks:

Posted

0.5cm from earlier. Can't see much else to hit us but I'm new to this weather obsession but it has me bad. Metox satellite has nothing tempting. Clear blue sky here. Bah. Pressure rising. Temp 0.7. This forum is brilliant...thanks guys!

Posted

Snow along the front certainly heaviest towards and over the Thames Estuary looking at the radar, N Kent and SE Essex look like they are benefiting from frictional convergence along the coast of the Estuary as SST warmed moist flow off Estuary is forced to rise along coasts of kent and Essex, almost streamer conditions setting up with help of frontal uplift.

Sounds great but the PPN seems to be drifting south. No PPN here in the heart of SE Essex (South Woodham Ferrers) and Leigh reports in PPN dying off too. Perhaps the wind will turn more Easterly again?