Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Cant be arsed to get a ruler out. But I reckon I've just scraped into the 4cm zone at a push pardon.gif

Get some pics up on here of G'ford mate. Will be nice to see "proper" snow for once!

Well the snow will obviously compact but even then it should be pretty deep I'd imagine, far deeper then what I have here thats for sure!

Still looked at some images earlier, its pretty mental, and somewhat depressing...

But at least we have snow and the amount we have got should last a while, which was my main worry about it not lasting...

Posted

Just a quick welcome to all the new members who have joined or posted for the first time today!

Snow is quite heavy here now, not sure if the band will feed across us or just drop below us in the next couple of hours.

Posted

The BBC forecast at 13.25 was excellent for our region.

The models suggest a NE,ly rather than a ENE,ly (haven't seen UKMO yet) and at the moment the main activity will be around the Wash rather than the Thames. The thames requires a ENE/E,ly.

Also when you have a NE,ly you have to take into account that Peterborough is only 30miles from the Wash.

I watched that one eariler and got very excited then i watched the updated one around 14.35 ( this one http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/363?area=Peterborough&state=vi:A#vi:A )and it had our snow completely gone and just giving us a repeat of what we had this morning (bugger all)

I know you slate the beeb forecasts and I hope that you are right!!!

Posted

snowing in woodchurch now tiny flakes but alot of them. Its got to go some to make it worth while though. I am hopeing for an inch but the end of tonight. :D Optermistic me thinks!!!

Posted

It's a real shame that temperatures in the UK are often just that fraction too high to make the most of marginal situations like this! Temperature in Tonbridge today has hovered around +0.5C (very slow thaw) and although the sun went down over an hour ago it's still +0.5C

Posted

I give up wanting snow, it's amounted to nothing here today as I'm in the clear patch that's been over Eastern Kent since yesterday evening! Even the line of precip coming down from Essex seems to have come to a grindaing halt over North Kent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just a quick welcome to all the new members who have joined or posted for the first time today!

Snow is quite heavy here now, not sure if the band will feed across us or just drop below us in the next couple of hours.

I'm one and thanks! It's great to see the first proper spell of winter here since 1991 - I missed the February stuff last year, but I was told the snow wasn't great where I live.

Posted

It's a real shame that temperatures in the UK are often just that fraction too high to make the most of marginal situations like this! Temperature in Tonbridge today has hovered around +0.5C (very slow thaw) and although the sun went down over an hour ago it's still +0.5C

Yes we've had a partial thaw of our grand 2cm covering, so all the light snow today hasn't actually settled because it melts on contact with the slush. Whereas a few miles down the road they now have almost 4 inches because the snow today has settled. Such small-scale variations make large differences

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

not sure if it will be the same band as im getting but on the radar it looks as if you may get something later

thanks for reply. we still have a dusting from last night which is good! fingers crossed!

Posted

Down in the valley Tonbridge is often a little warmer than surrounding places, especially Sevenoaks to the north and Tun Wells to the south - they always get more snow than us!

Posted

I am a novice weather watcher and quite frankly I am utterly disappointed by the pathetically small amount of snow we have had in Norwich (again!). I generally watch the BBC and I thought I would post on here to ask why they keep getting it wrong for Norfolk?

It seem to happen time and time again that Norfolk get forecast snow only for it to be delayed, eventually for it never to actually happen!

Please could someone tell me if we are actually going to get some decent snow ( more than 0.5cm!!) My parents live in Yorkshire and they have had oodles and so I am very peeved!

Your in hope of an explanation

ns1993

I'm with you. I have asked a few times about this. Norfolk has been the only part of the country that has missed this event, and for the foreseeable future, looks like it will remain virtually snow free, from every angle be it east, north south or west, it misses us. Annoying i know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Theres a crop of showers coming off the north sea into NE England, Lincs and towards East Anglia. Any chance of those moving into east anglia pushing south towards the SE?

Posted

not sure if the band will feed across us or just drop below us in the next couple of hours.

Everything is below you Loubs! :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

wow the medway steamer is in full effect.... shame its not ten miles NW. bugger!

Posted

Having said that precipitation seem to be intensifying and it's snowing really quite heavilly now and lying even where the ground is wet!

Posted

Everything is below you Loubs! :unsure:

Ha you funny chappy you :cold: I can't help it if I am eight feet tall....

now mr funny, can you tell me if the band is likely to drop or not? hmmm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

It's hammering down again here in a brisk wind. Just went out to chop wood for the fire and it was blummin freezin...:unsure: :cold: :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

It is pandemonium out there this evening here in Sutton. My p**** off a boss made me go in regardless of having no car, no buses or trains running and no work to go into. I've had to walk an hour and a half each way and I am not a happy bunny. Unless I get another huge dumping this evening which stays around until morning I will have to do the journey all over again tomorrow. Please someone tell me that is going to happen ? Save me traipsing through the posts !

On the plus side I have to say it is so pretty out there and almost reminds me off last Feb. Only had about 5" i would say but it is still coming down albeit a lot slower than just before I left work.

Now where is that wine

drinks.gif

Posted

i think this band will be a big problam for north west kent(eg medway towns, saw a flash from it 10mins ago

Ooooo any thunder? was hoping for a bit of thundersnow this year.

Posted

Down in the valley Tonbridge is often a little warmer than surrounding places, especially Sevenoaks to the north and Tun Wells to the south - they always get more snow than us!

Yes has always been the way, but then again, not a bad thing sometimes, and looking out the window not having much affect at the moment.