Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Temp in burgess hill is -0.2 and Dew -1.2

Hi Jojo,

I work in Burgess Hill, but didn't get in today, how are the roads doing, am thinking another work from home day may be on the cards tomorrow!!

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

I take it you are in North Tonbridge because still snowing down here in South Tonbridge. Only just mind.

Yeah Higham Lane end....

Fizzling out pretty sharpish now. :girl_devil:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

2j26a38.jpg

:girl_devil:

Posted

Is confidence strong for EA overnight and Tomorrow or will we miss out? I live in North Norfolk. My local radio station say a few showers with the occasional one heavy. Thought I would get the real deal from you guys. :girl_devil:

Good luck, i've asked more than a few times, but because the action is further down south Norfolk has been ignored despite it being in East Anglia.

Posted

It just gets going ................

..............And then it stops.

Why can't it just snow for any length of time? :girl_devil:

Apologies to KOld and others who haven't had anything however.

Still snowing heavy over here, I've had 2 branches collapse on one of my trees

Posted

I'm thinking the problem with the event tomorrow is the PPN will die out before it reaches us. This is the perennial problem with Nlys and NElys here. Never ever has been different. At most a dusting of snizzleu (unless you have your toes in the sea and you get some of Kent's NEly, but my understanding is it's more Northerly).

Posted

HUGE 50p Flakes Here!!! :drinks:

Posted

Just seen a car pirouhette past my house. Somehow it managed to turn 90 degrees one way and then 180 degrees the complete opposite way. Looked scary!

The roads are sheer ice here (do not know about the A roads but B roads are). Currently -1.8c with a dewpoint of -5.2c. Temp dropping rapidly since a high at around 2:30pm today.

Hi Milly!

Herts Highways have said that the grit probably wont work tonight as forecasted temps are down to -7c!:drinks::)

Same conditions on my road to yours, except it's worse as we are on a hill!

Updated Warning Now-

Heavy snow from the band that slowly moving south south west-

depths- 2-5cm

EAST of sittingbourne-

Sheppey,

Canterbury,

Whitstable,

YES TYLER HILL,

all the way down to Margate etc-

Difficult to acertain how much the band holds together when it makes landfall...

S

Posted

waheey down it comes :)

Yep! , finally :drinks:

Posted

Is confidence strong for EA overnight and Tomorrow or will we miss out? I live in North Norfolk. My local radio station say a few showers with the occasional one heavy. Thought I would get the real deal from you guys. :drinks:

Hiya, I think tomorrow will be worse than that, NNR are probably underplaying it. From what I've seen on the forecast maps, there'll be something coming through early morning, clearing a bit after that ( which will be the light showers) then something more than that coming in later from the East.

From my perspective I'd like that forecast to be right as I'm in london today and have to drive back tomorrow

Posted

And good to see you back on here posting again, Louby. Been out with your camera for snow pics yet?

Hey, Shrimpy, am I right in thinking you were asking earlier about wind direction and how to find that out? Easy - just go to http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ where they not only have the current wind but also projected direction and strength over coming days for the whole country, plus current and projected temps as well for lots of different locations. Very useful site, and for those with an iPhone they even have an app you can download to find out if you are away from your PC. Simples :drinks:

Thanks Blackie, appreciated. Very handy for the coming days and a potential E'ly and Thames Streamer...

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

In Milton Keynes, where it hardly ever sticks, we had 4 inches over night, another inch between 1pm and 2pm, then the sky's cleared.

Since 4pm, the temp has dropped from 0.0 to -4.5 and falling 0. per 3 mins.

This snow is gonna stay around for quite a few days, the roads will be worse tomorrow morning as they are now compacted and Im sure we will get some more before it all ends.

It all looks beautiful, Ive always wanted this but at the same time, now Im a little older, it is also a pain in the I have a problem, cause I gots to work to pays the mortgage!!

Its all so bitter sweet.

nea.gif

I heard today they are only gritting the main H & V roads now as the council are low on salt, I dread to think what the side roads will be like tomorrow when it has frozen toinght.

Do you think we are going to get any more here ? The forecast seem to all be different for our region !

Posted

Updated Warning Now-

depths- 2-5cm

EAST of sittingbourne-

Sheppey,

Canterbury,

Whitstable,

YES TYLER HILL,

Difficult to acertain how much the band holds together when it makes landfall...

S

Haha, that made me laugh. Good one! :drinks:

Posted

Hi Jojo,

I work in Burgess Hill, but didn't get in today, how are the roads doing, am thinking another work from home day may be on the cards tomorrow!!

Thanks

Really bad here had 5 1/2 iches around 10 am when I measured it. Been thawing a bit today even tho it has near enough constantly snowed here all day lightly, not sure on main roads in, as haven't gone out! we might get some more tonight, so I would work from home if I was you

Plus your have the Ice from the freezing tonight!

Edited by jojobut

Posted

Updated Warning Now-

depths- 2-5cm

EAST of sittingbourne-

Sheppey,

Canterbury,

Whitstable,

YES TYLER HILL,

S

haha cheeky sod!

p.s Snowing hard now , wind picking up aswell :drinks::)

Posted

Good luck, i've asked more than a few times, but because the action is further down south Norfolk has been ignored despite it being in East Anglia.

Hi Gareth,

Was it you who had a long drive this week? if it was how did it go? If it wasn't, just ignore me

Posted

Lovely pics… but one small request could people take the time to post 'medium' size photos? Can't fit them on, not even on a 21' screen

If you open them in a new tab or window, your browser will scale them to fit the window. Hope that helps :drinks:

Great photos everyone, I'm afraid I went for a walk and forgot my camera! Will hopefully take some of the countryside tomorrow.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

Hiya, I think tomorrow will be worse than that, NNR are probably underplaying it. From what I've seen on the forecast maps, there'll be something coming through early morning, clearing a bit after that ( which will be the light showers) then something more than that coming in later from the East.

From my perspective I'd like that forecast to be right as I'm in london today and have to drive back tomorrow

Thank you. I thought the local might be wrong. You drive safely. :drinks: