Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Here is your snow Slinky.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack0.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack0a.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack1.gif

Tomorrow morning looks excellent for us. We then have a couple of troughs moving through although the heaviest of the snow will always be in the E.

These are the updated fax charts by the way.

Cheers Dave, will save this post and keep my fingers and toes crossed!!! :(

Thanks for taking the time to have a look, appreciate it!

Posted

Hmmm once again some of S.Essex may struggle with that trough tomorrow if those faxes are right, better the further west and towards London. Funnily enough may see some more snow in Guildford from that, maybe more then I would in Essex if that chart came off...

Posted

F.A.O Andy H of Hertford, here is a pic with todays Snow Depth, sorry must have been eight out on the snow fields with blowing snow etc. but only 5 and a half in my garden lol still a great fall with more to come so I have been told.

35avhc1.jpg

That looks impressive. Sorry disappeared for a bit.

Those commenting on Dec 09, yes we did really well here with 7inches that stayed around until Christmas Day.

Not so lucky this time, but that's the luck of the draw. You win some you lose some.

I note the post from Milton keynes- temp dropping nearly 5 degrees in the space of an hour-

Tonights low temps could be VERY interesting- looking for some VERY low values as the skies clear before 8pm-

Steve

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Sorry... used the wrong smiley there.

Who remembers that poster from Abingdon who used to say Abingdon was the snowless capital of Britain... I reckon Oxford has got at least half-a-foot widely... much more in places. Good for Abingdon!

Posted

Hmmm once again some of S.Essex may struggle with that trough tomorrow if those faxes are right, better the further west and towards London. Funnily enough may see some more snow in Guildford from that, maybe more then I would in Essex if that chart came off...

Do you reakon the home counties would fair well from it? Maybe too far inland? :(

Posted

Just a quick welcome to all the new members who have joined or posted for the first time today!

And good to see you back on here posting again, Louby. Been out with your camera for snow pics yet?

Hey, Shrimpy, am I right in thinking you were asking earlier about wind direction and how to find that out? Easy - just go to http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ where they not only have the current wind but also projected direction and strength over coming days for the whole country, plus current and projected temps as well for lots of different locations. Very useful site, and for those with an iPhone they even have an app you can download to find out if you are away from your PC. Simples :(

Posted

I note the post from Milton keynes- temp dropping nearly 5 degrees in the space of an hour-

Tonights low temps could be VERY interesting- looking for some VERY low values as the skies clear before 8pm-

Steve

I'm expecting quite a few places to come in below -6/7C tonight with the snow cover as it is, the CET min could be very impressive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

* every year for 15+ years you get to understand how living in South Woodham Ferrers feels like over winter! I'm guessing you have had more than 4cms in Herne Bay since the early 1990s :D

Feb 09 - Dusting

Dec 17 - 3-4 cm (2 inches not 2cm I said earlier)

Jan 5/6 - 2 cm!

In Leigh they have 4cm grrrr ;)

:D

I wish I'd never got married and moved here 10 years ago, if I were still in West Sussex, I'd be sitting at home looking out on the 25 cms of snow and knowing I was cut off for a few days or so (on top of a steep hill), with Marley more or less to myself. I love that feeling!

I'll ask my husband to get more logs in in a minute to make it up to me… :girl_devil::cold:

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

* every year for 15+ years you get to understand how living in South Woodham Ferrers feels like over winter! I'm guessing you have had more than 4cms in Herne Bay since the early 1990s :girl_devil:

Feb 09 - Dusting

Dec 17 - 3-4 cm (2 inches not 2cm I said earlier)

Jan 5/6 - 2 cm!

In Leigh they have 4cm grrrr :D

:cold:

How long have you lived here? I've been here 26 years now.

Had an interesting time collecting my children from school today (they didn't close at lunchtime unlike the ones in town), heavens opened at exactly 3.10pm, it was so pretty but took over an hour to walk home! Little more than inch despite that burst.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Liking the heavy precipitation coming out of the north sea heading for south east england :girl_devil::cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

HERE ARE SOME MORE PICTURES, VIDEO CLIP WILL BE UPLOADED SOON.

MORE SNOW PREDICTED BY THE MET OFFICE:

Edited by Luton-Weather

Posted

Oh god!

Kold, what's the problem tomorrow?

NAE looked Ok to me?

Are you thinking too close to the centre?

:girl_devil:

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

Just seen a car pirouhette past my house. Somehow it managed to turn 90 degrees one way and then 180 degrees the complete opposite way. Looked scary!

The roads are sheer ice here (do not know about the A roads but B roads are). Currently -1.8c with a dewpoint of -5.2c. Temp dropping rapidly since a high at around 2:30pm today.

Posted

Is confidence strong for EA overnight and Tomorrow or will we miss out? I live in North Norfolk. My local radio station say a few showers with the occasional one heavy. Thought I would get the real deal from you guys. :girl_devil:

Edited by hobbielancie

Posted

How much snow could fall in East Kent tonight?

Hi Updraft, don't hold your breath!! :girl_devil: Where abouts are you? - I'm down in Elms Vale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

GEtting HEavier!!! COME ON :girl_devil:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

HERE ARE SOME MORE PICTURES, VIDEO CLIP WILL BE UPLOADED SOON.

MORE SNOW PREDICTED BY THE MET OFFICE:

Lovely pics… but one small request could people take the time to post 'medium' size photos? Can't fit them on, not even on a 21' screen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

It just gets going ................

..............And then it stops.

Why can't it just snow for any length of time? :girl_devil:

Apologies to KOld and others who haven't had anything however.

Posted

Hi Updraft, don't hold your breath!! :girl_devil: Where abouts are you? - I'm down in Elms Vale

Not holding mine either, bit disappointing isn't it?

Posted

Coombe Valley here.... I am holding my breath tonight to be honest... I think we could get a small dumping... the heaviest part is heading right at us but we will see.