Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

been snowing here all day, fairly small flakes most of the afternoon but getting bigger and heavier again now! That nice little stream seems to be dropping in my direction quite nicely :lol: Temps still hovering around zero

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

PPN belt now beginning to exit essex coast- so clearer air now appearing there- I expect once the skies clear across the region tonight- temps will plummet to -5c-

I also expect tome reports of very heavy snow to start coming in from, bluewater,Gravesend, down towards Sittingbourne- as highlighted earlier-

S temp here down another notice- 0.2c

Heaviest snow so far today in Gravesend Steve. :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

http://www.buienradar.nl/ is making me happy - hope that comes up the Thames :clap:

Its moving SSW. Wont make it up the Thames unfortunately.

Posted

Still no moderate snow in canterbury area , just snizzle :help:

Don't panic! There is a stream of snow showers flowing in from the North Sea on a northeasterly for us lot ! Won't be long hopefully... :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

ame='Tim Bland' date='06 January 2010 - 16:16 ' timestamp='1262794603' post='1713184']

Nope definitely 4cm...1.5inches Measured the bin top. You must have got a better hit than us, think you are about 4.5 miles to the south of me.

Must admit I was surprised to see us get more than you....doesn't usually happen that way! 10cm for us. I think that's it for the night with a frost setting in

Posted

Snow stopping here now, a nice inch of snow on the ground which is better then I expected to be honest...

However still IMO a rather poor show...

Can't wait to see Guildford and some proper deep snow not the poor excuse this area has been.

Kold, just south of Guildford we have about 10" looks beautiful and its just started heavier again, hoping for another couple of cms before it all freezes tonight!!

Posted

We must have got a better stream here aswell I measured 8 inches, it did snow heavy for 2 hours non stop between 8 -10 am.

8" are you sure matey? i would of said 4" tops measured earlier before the last snow fall and we had 3"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just back from six lunchtime pints in Brightlingsea - delayed bus back though!closedeyes.gif

Can definitely say that Brightlingsea has had at least two inches of snow less than where I live, even though it's only a couple of miles, as the crow flies.

Posted

We must have got a better stream here aswell I measured 8 inches, it did snow heavy for 2 hours non stop between 8 -10 am.

No we didn't get that this morning. Just few showers that didn't give any accumulations.

Must admit I was surprised to see us get more than you....doesn't usually happen that way! 10cm for us. I think that's it for the night with a frost setting in

My sister lives in Ware and she got a better hit than me and my parents are in Enfield they faired better too. It's usually me boasting but not this time around. :clap:

Posted

prob pushing 2'' settled here now. Getting lighter so thats our lot i think. Still a nice surprise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

Don't panic! There is a stream of snow showers flowing in from the North Sea on a northeasterly for us lot ! Won't be long hopefully... yahoo.gif

where are you. we have heavy snow in strood. over a inch in 30 mins.

Posted

Just removed 6" of Snow from my Car! I need it in the morning so would prefer just to de-ice it rather than shovel off the snow which would be covered in ice too.

Oh well the Kids are Happy, I have daughters friends etc building things in the Garden, hopefully an igloo. lol

Certainly did not expect this much Snow tbh. Reminds me of Feb '91. :clap:

Guest FireStorm

we have heavy snow in strood kent.started 20 mins ago. road covered already. hopefully more to come.

Can back that up as exactly same report.Easily an inch collected on top of the inch this morning which settled from last night

Posted

Kold I will have ya inch as got bu@&£r all here and looking at the BBC weather not even going to get any tonight, tomorrow or the weekend !

Posted

Ice forming on roads already.......

Herts Highways say they expect serious problems tomorrow morning as it will be so cold tonight that their grit probably will not work!:help::clap::help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Id say just over 2" laying average here in Rochford, glad we got something today after whats been going on around us.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

My sister lives in Ware and she got a better hit than me and my parents are in Enfield they faired better too. It's usually me boasting but not this time around. :clap:

Well....not yet anyway!

I remember going out your way when we had the snow before Christmas and you sure fared better then. :help:

Posted

Kold, just south of Guildford we have about 10" looks beautiful and its just started heavier again, hoping for another couple of cms before it all freezes tonight!!

Hopefully, you'll probably get your wish as well looking at the radar, its going to be quite stunning to see tomorrow I'm pretty sure once I go down the back streets that haven't been used so much....quite amazing to think you guys have got nearly a foot of snow in two winters now!

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

Heaviest snow of today setting in here now. Temps continue to slowly fall away ( 0.6c now ) and wind has picked up slightly too.

Posted

Timmy, Broxbourne definately benefited from the early to mid morning stream of showers and then the early afternoon one before it all headed further south, it also managed to be far enough west to pick up some from when the front moved PPN initially up from SW last night. I think some places further north and north east in Hertfordshire did not fair as well.

Posted

I'm really impressed with the amount of snow in Surbiton for the past hour and a half, good sized flakes falling fast at times, so that all of the snow cleared by snowballers off my car bonnet this morning has now been completely refilled, and even the garden so deftly desnowed by my snowman-building son this morning now looks snowy again. Perhaps I should have paid more attention to Nick F's update at 10.30 this morning: "another area of snow is affecting areas N and NE of London, particularly Essex and Herts this morning bringing some moderate falls and accumulations, and this is likely to merge with another band of snow across E Midlands and Nern half of East Anglia tied in with an occlusion dropping S and SW from the N Sea, to bring perhaps a snowy afternoon lasting well into the evening across SE England". Long may it continue....clap.gif