Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Im sure went out and measured out in a field near Brickendon try to post a pic later, SG13.

I think I'm right in saying Brickendon is the highest point around for miles (nothing higher in direct line to the east coast....is that right?) so I guess the accumulation's possible there

Edited by Timmytour

Posted

Im sure went out and measured out in a field near Brickendon try to post a pic later, SG13.

i am SG13 as well try measuring on a path or something solid not in a field, that will give you a true measurement of the depth

Posted

Kold I will have ya inch as got bu@&£r all here and looking at the BBC weather not even going to get any tonight, tomorrow or the weekend !

I'm willing to bet you get some fun tomorrow, it'll be a wait and see thing but if you don't get snow I'll quite honestly be shocked!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

You beat me to it! Was just about to say, much heavier in the last half hour and really big flakes. With the wind blowing it across, it is settling on the small amount we had last night. Working from home tomorrow then!

Reverted to light snow now after a 30 minute deluge.......everything covered again including conservatory roof which had avalanched off earlier. Pack Depth 7cm. Temp 0.2c Dp -0.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Was speaking to my mate who lives near Thame, had plenty of snow there, was thinking his four-year-old daughter will expect snow every winter!

So are we expecting another heavy fall tomorrow and Sunday, I'm hoping to get back home to south east London tomorrow night if I make it into work in White City tomorrow.

Let's hope for another dumping!! :air_kiss:

Glad to see you've got some settling eventually Kold, shame it took this long!

Edited by Jezzer

Posted

had light snow here all day but now has turned very heavy, with big flakes and blizzard like conditions, laying really fast :drinks:

send it this way then!!!! :air_kiss:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Kold and Shrimper ridiculed the Met Office forecast earlier. What do they say now?

Posted

Anyone know what the winds are doing in the Thames region? would be nice to have a direct E wind to keep this snow going into the evening.

Sadly it seems it could be over here very shortly.

Posted

Having gone to bed last night feeling very disappointed, we've currently got 12cm/5" of snow here and the deepest snow since Feb 09. Overnight we got about 4cm, during the morning a further 5/6cm and around 2pm we got another decent 2cm.

Going to be VERY cold tonight, currently -1.2c having barely been above freezing today, it's going to be very slippery soon.

Posted

Was speaking to my mate who lives near Thame, had plenty of snow there, was thinking his four-year-old daughter will expect snow every winter!

So are we expecting another heavy fall tomorrow and Sunday, I'm hoping to get back home to south east London tomorrow night if I make it into work in White City tomorrow.

Let's hope for another dumping!! :air_kiss:

is it still snowing in e london?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Stopped snowing :drinks::help: :help: :air_kiss:

Posted

I'm willing to bet you get some fun tomorrow, it'll be a wait and see thing but if you don't get snow I'll quite honestly be shocked!

No idea what Slinky is on about.

Currently we have some action with showers developing near the Wash. The BBC forecasts are suggesting snowfall tomorrow morning as does the 12Z GFS. This isn't even taking into account the convection from the NE,ly and then we have this weekend.

The trouble is some look for the white blobs without properly listening to the forecasts.

Posted

Hello, Long time lurker, but the snow has brought me round to posting finally.

Finally died down to a few flakes here in NW London. We must have had maybe 6+ inches in 24 hours.

All very lovely, but what I would really appreciate some advice on would be the likelihood of further snow at London City Airport. I need to fly to Antwerp tomorrow morning if possible!

Thanks all.

Posted

Kold and Shrimper ridiculed the Met Office forecast earlier. What do they say now?

Yep. Fair do's. Humble pie being eaten here atm. :air_kiss:

Posted

I do feel sorry for Norfolk. As you guys and gals in Kent (except far East Kent - wait before getting hopes up in case the wind turns East again) count your cms, which you have been very patient for, please think of the Nor'folk! Actually, don't feel that bad. Norfolk got many big dumpings in the 00s from Northerlys and North-Easterlies.

IMBY missed the central Essex streamer to the north this morning and this evening will miss the Kent stream to the south and East. Ideal location for PPN - not! Applies to thunderstorms too. Increasingly apparent after decades snow watching ESE flow is the only kind that can give SE Essex a deep snow event, unless you're on the coastal tip and can catch the Kent Streamer.

Posted

No idea what Slinky is on about.

Currently we have some action with showers developing near the Wash. The BBC forecasts are suggesting snowfall tomorrow morning as does the 12Z GFS. This isn't even taking into account the convection from the NE,ly and then we have this weekend.

The trouble is some look for the white blobs without properly listening to the forecasts.

Whats your thoughts on tomorrow mate for EA and down the coast here?

Posted

I can see Norfolk doing very well tomorrow. but i dont think the showers will make it far enough inland to give my location anything......

Still I am pleased most of the UK has seen good falls, its nice to see :air_kiss:

Posted

sky news showed heavey snow for the weekend

Yeah I saw that too, they saying possibly (needs to be kept an eye on) another massive dumping of snow on the south on Sunday, I shall believe it if they are still saying the same on Friday and Saturday up til then :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

is it still snowing in e london?

Cleared from Wanstead now, stopped about half an hour ago. Just hoping for plenty over London over the next few days, can't help but feel we've missed out in London, I'm looking for as much as Feb 09, although not sure how much has fallen back home in Nunhead? Anyone?:nonono:

Posted

Yeah I saw that too, they saying possibly (needs to be kept an eye on) another massive dumping of snow on the south on Sunday, I shall believe it if they are still saying the same on Friday and Saturday up til then :nonono:

Yes, the Met have a big blop of PPN over EA, the SE and Central Southern England Saturday night into Sunday. Potentially more disruptive snowfall, but that is 4 and a half days away yet....