Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Can anyone give me an insight into the chances for Sunday/Monday for Hampshire, Petersfield sort of area.

It's just there is a rumour RAF Odiham think that they're due a lot more heavy snowfall, and there could be up to 3ft in areas with the existing covering of snow still there.

MetCheck, MetOffice et all... are all showing a lesser likelihood for heavy snowfall for this area, however the charts seem to suggest that there is a fair amount of snow on the cards, so hopefully someone knows a bit more so that I can make plans.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

4255863383_a7a8f4b308.jpg

:whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

The BBC graphics were misleading as it showed the latter part of the day (thanks for the info JasonUK) when the band of showers have progressed inland to the SW. Overnight Saturday into Sunday we are still expecting snow, no idea how much yet and where but it is likely we will get another covering.

Oh.. thanks for that, very useful info.

I have a visitor due from Ely on Sunday and I'm wondering if I should get her to postpone ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I have a visitor due from Ely on Sunday and I'm wondering if I should get her to postpone ?

I would just assess the situation on Sunday morning - it really is a case of waiting and seeing what happens, snow is just too unpredictable! :whistling:

Guest Quantumsnow

very light snowfall here on the south coast in west sussex, rolleyes.gif

Not too far from you, lived in Lancing for a short time. Keep looking out of the window in vain hope of seeing a flurry, think I may be a tad optimistic today smile.gif

Posted

I would take heed of local council and Highways Agency warnings and only make journeys if they are absolutely neccessary. I was supposed to be travelling to Essex tomorrow morning but have decided to postpone. It is also worth noting that some Local Authorities are not gritting on minor roads this weekend in a bid to preserve salt supplies.

Edited by ickledoozer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Looking like a clearer slot now heading for Kent but weak convection is firing quite quickly over land and I would expect that effect to increase as the breeze picks up later.

In fact more moderate snow due for Kent later tonight and once this sets in it's looking increasingly likely that there will be continued sporadic snowfall for Kent until the more general snow hits later on Saturday into Sunday.

There coud be some local large accumulations, widespread reports of 4-6 inches of snow on the ground now and with little thaw I wouldn't be suprised to see some reports of levels in excess of 10 inches by the end of the weekend in some spots.

As ever, local effects of showers means that some areas get more than others.

Posted

Remember people the temps are dropping away now you would only need to check a local weather station to see the trend, instability will be increasing!!

Posted

Good morning peeps,

sorry mods, slightly off topic but Gfs precipitation charts show constant snow over most of the country for all of next week. Just thought I would cheer you all up a bit

Jan

Posted

4255863383_a7a8f4b308.jpg

:whistling:

why the long face?

Temp is dangerously close to a non-ice day, currently -0.2C and still climbing. Windchill is -2.0C apparently, with dewpoint at -1.5C

http://www.wealdofkentweather.co.uk/livewx/

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

very light snowfall here on the south coast in west sussex, rolleyes.gif

A few snowflakes here about five mins in brighton (sorry hove) but then that is it. Some interesting cloud looking east been hangin around all day. Note so sure though we are going to have any of the predictions for this afternoon seems touch and go...one minute forecasts are saying snow along coast (last night) and then nothing. I realise though this is difficult to predict but BBC arent my favo at the mo. Prefer MetO.

Posted

Not too far from you, lived in Lancing for a short time. Keep looking out of the window in vain hope of seeing a flurry, think I may be a tad optimistic today smile.gif

still very light snowfall despite us being still a few miles from the nearest radar blob. lookslike the showers are fading before reaching us though.

think you will see some in the next hour or so, keep looking out the window! rolleyes.gif

Posted

Drizzle snow here for the last ten Min's or so.

Better than no snow. Going to try and dig my car out now. Sounds like it'll be buried again but its got to come out of Tue/wed snow first!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

why the long face?

Temp is dangerously close to a non-ice day, currently -0.2C and still climbing. Windchill is -2.0C apparently, with dewpoint at -1.5C

http://www.wealdofke...r.co.uk/livewx/

Ahh what a lovely boy/girl. Looks though he is a bit of an oldie and hope he is ok. Defo got that look of give me some more food and maybe a thicker rug.

Posted

Early warning for Kent & Sussex!! :lol:

There is a high risk of severe weather affecting Kent, East Sussex and eastern parts of West Sussex. Outbreaks of snow starting on Saturday afternoon will become heavy and persistent during the evening and last into Sunday morning. 7 to 12 cm of fresh level snow are expected widely with 10 to 20 cm locally. Drifting in the very strong winds will cause even greater accumulations in places. Disruption to transport networks is possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

why the long face?

Ahh what a lovely boy/girl. Looks though he is a bit of an oldie and hope he is ok. Defo got that look of give me some more food and maybe a thicker rug.

One of the long time horses of herne , always comes over to say hello

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

-4oC here in Ipswich at midday, and -18oC in Northern Scotland! Temps could drop close to record cold up there tonight I would imagine...

Posted

The blue sky and sunshine from this morning have now been replaced by heavy grey cloud and it's just started to snow.