Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

The latest NAE model keeps the heaviest snow for Saturday night into Sunday in the se around the Thames Estuary, looking at the latest bbc news 24 forecast they seem to have gone with this latest projection from the NAE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

We have snow on our doorstep I do believe? Nothing here as of yet, clouded completely over now.....

Posted

We have snow on our doorstep I do believe? Nothing here as of yet, clouded completely over now.....

Hammering down here mate. Don't think it will last though. Heaviest stuff passing to our South.

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
Looks like another gap in the snow heading right for us

Sounds about right, still we mustn't be downhearted might get some one day

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Just walked along the hills/fields alot of snow has fallen in some areas , some parts have upto 11cm or more !

Posted

Nothing in Strood yet, it dips south when it comes close to us, but something will hit us soon im sure!lol

Posted

Hammering down here mate.

Just starting to see the first few flakes as I type this , bring it on, lol clap.gif

Posted

Very Very Very light snow here in MK, but like frozen drizzle! Sky is very dark but it seems reluctant to produce anything significant!

Posted

Right thats me lot of snow for the day

off to shops. wish me luck !!!

Posted

Hammering down here mate. Don't think it will last though. Heaviest stuff passing to our South.

Where exactly are you Leigh Shrimper, just i am in Leigh at work and no snow yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

Very strange weather forecast from BBC this morning which had the snow for the weekend mostly SW/Wales -Graphics were surely wrong as Sky are going for a more Easterly event and is backed up by most on Netweather. Next week is going to be a roller coaster as the models will try and break down the cold but dont be surprised if this is the default mode and the cold reloads . This is based purely on my experience of past cold winters. That cold block over Europe is going to take a lot of shifting and I still think there is even colder weather to come. Over the last four weeks on the Kent/Surrey North Downs - a max of 6.5c for one day only just after Christmas the other days have been not much above freezing. The snow depth is still about 7ins which has helped keep the max down. Below freezing for 4 days now according to my weather station.. :)

And in a sustained cold spell like this, if when it does break down it is a very gradual process. The models are showing a sharp change for middle of next week. I think we can take it with a large pinch of salt-no doubt about it. :)

Posted

same here, and still no let up - lovely :)

6 inches on the ground now.

Would you mind sending it a few miles SE to us? Had half an hour of it earlier. All quiet currently....the MetO invent radar shows your snow beautifully

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Very Very Very light snow here in MK, but like frozen drizzle! Sky is very dark but it seems reluctant to produce anything significant!

we had that here in leighton buzzard then it snowede quite heavily then back to very light snow........this would make driving on the untreated roads even worse i think!!!!

Posted

Where exactly are you Leigh Shrimper, just i am in Leigh at work and no snow yet!

Southend mate. Southchurch area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Looks like another gap in the snow heading right for us tease.gif

Lets all get on your bus and have an afternoon out to Kings Lynn - there are loads of showers going thru there this morning. laugh.gif

Posted

Southend mate. Southchurch area.

On the 10-45am radar heavy echo further north has grown, heading for Me, Rayleigh and possibly you and Southend

Edited by Essexgooner

Posted
laugh.gif Any watching MetO Invent?? Hahahha you have to see this for Peterborough : http://www.metoffice...ent/weathermap/ Select rainfall, then play the loop.. check out Midday!! mega_shok.gif My hubby currently at work in Market Deeping and informing me regularly of the snowfall there!!! Grrr lol Edited by Mrsf16

Posted

I don't want to jinx it. But there really is signs of some sort of shower train, I won't use the word Streamer, developing at this end of the Estuary. Look at all that snow out there to the E of me in Southend. Really intensifying too.

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Any chance of theese showers blowing more inland towards south of London like Surrey now there is a more easterly flow to the wind

Edited by snowbob