Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

WooHoo! Chucking it down niow! This just arrived out of nowhere! Convection from the sea perhaps? Love the way these showers just form from nothing!

SNOW!.... radar was pretty quiet b4, looks much better 4 us by the minute.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Wind direction more Easterly in the last hour, now my showers have to come 100 miles from the coast - nothing left by the time they get to me wallbash.gif

Do I see a streamer setting up just North of Peterborough?

It certainly appears thus Mark, if only it would sink down about 25 miles or so :pardon:...

Posted

PPN really building just E of me in the Estuary mouth. Exciting times...

If this misses me i'm going to cry! cray.gif

Looking good! Shame I'm now at work :pardon: although if it comes up the Thames I'll see it soon! Shame I'm ni the basement with no windows though :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

SNOW!.... radar was pretty quiet b4, looks much better 4 us by the minute.

Heh... even Folkestone looks pretty in the snow! :pardon::) (Lobs snowball at cat) :) :)

Edited by Lazarus

Posted

Not snowing in Dover... I'm hoping that conveyor belt hitting Folkestone extends a little bit further towards us on the next radar pic!

Edited by Updraft

Posted

Wind direction more Easterly in the last hour, now my showers have to come 100 miles from the coast - nothing left by the time they get to me wallbash.gif

Is it looking to hit Peterborough?? Or just teasing us again?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

It certainly appears thus Mark, if only it would sink down about 25 miles or so smile.gif...

That band is gradually sinking South though - if it keeps going from the East, it could get to us. We have an ever changing situation here this morning I think, the shower direction is all over the place!

Nice to hear from you again this year, we are neighbours after all!

Posted

Streamer has probably been one of the most overused words on this thread in the same way supercells are used in summer. :pardon:

However in this case your right. At the moment the main action is likely to be Norfolk, Cambs for today and im also following that band moving S in the N Sea.

I will add though in the SE the NAE is suggesting a Thames streamer for tomorrow. This looks likely to be a genuine streamer!

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted

Total wall of snow now in the Estuary mouth. It's got to dump here and on Medway, hasn't it?!

Posted

Not snowing in Dover... I'm hoping that conveyor belt hitting Folkestone extends a little bit further towards us on the next radar pic!

Looking SW there's a huge wall of cloud in the channel with the sun making crepuscular rays over the top. That must be this end of the Folkestone Snow Conveyor!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

That band is gradually sinking South though - if it keeps going from the East, it could get to us. We have an ever changing situation here this morning I think, the shower direction is all over the place!

Nice to hear from you again this year, we are neighbours after all!

Indeed, it's good to hear from you too - we could almost shout across! :pardon:.

I'll be watching the weather until about 2pm, when I cycle down to Fenstanton to start my late shift at Stagecoach...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Is it looking to hit Peterborough?? Or just teasing us again?

It could well do, although it does seem to be narrowing a little as it comes South.

Posted

Heh... even Folkestone looks pretty in the snow! :) :) (Lobs snowball at cat) :) :)

lol back at u! looks like we might have our own personal snow machine just to the east of us :pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Streamer has probably been one of the most overused words on this thread in the same way supercells are used in summer. laugh.gif

However in this case your right. At the moment the main action is likely to be Norfolk, Cambs for today and im also following that band moving S in the N Sea.

I will add though in the SE the NAE is suggesting a Thames streamer for tomorrow. This looks likely to be a genuine streamer!

Will this be similar to the Feb 09 one TEITS and hit Central London and West London too?

Please say yes! drinks.gif

Posted

Can I ask what areas are normally affected by a Thames streamer?

Am I (in the CM8 area of essex) likely to get anything from it or am I in completely the wrong place?

Thanks in advance.

A thames streamer can either affect area's around and north of London or further south places and places north of London don't get anything and it's mainly south of london.

Posted

Can I ask what areas are normally affected by a Thames streamer?

Am I (in the CM8 area of essex) likely to get anything from it or am I in completely the wrong place?

Thanks in advance.

depending on the wind direction, SE/S Essex and NW Kent do well, incl. parts of London

Posted

Streamer has probably been one of the most overused words on this thread in the same way supercells are used in summer. :cray:

Thanks for getting me all over-excited TEITS!! :nonono:

Anyhow, as Paul S knows and documented excellently, the last "Thames" streamer in Feb 09, was total dog crap here. Which is not how it should be. Hopefully this will be rectified tomorrow as a genuine Thames streamer should pound us.

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

lol back at u! looks like we might have our own personal snow machine just to the east of us :nonono:

I'll drink to that! :cray:

Bugger... stopped again!

Posted

depending on the wind direction, SE/S Essex and NW Kent do well, incl. parts of London

Thanks for the reply:good:

Am I right in thinking the Feb 09 snow was the result of a streamer? I did quite well out of that one, so maybe I can again. :nonono: