Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

John Hammond said that yesterday about last night then look what happened! Nowt.

All very true. Going with my 'sky don't lie' test (which worked a treat yesterday), and coupling that this time with the radar and wind projections... can see genuine substance in this one.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

:drinks: where have you seen/heard that? Saying that, that just makes it even harder to think about travelling tomorrow.

National Forecast NEWS 24 11.27AM

Posted

the BBC forecasts seem to have become quite vague the last cpl of days and rarely showing 'snow' but instead 'saying' it will snow in certain parts - i guess this is because its so hard to forecast even a few hours away. Best is to keep an eye on radar and u can pretty much work it out for yourself !

Posted

John Hammond said that yesterday about last night then look what happened! Nowt.

Looks outside , see's 11cm on the ground.. These streamers are a pain in the rear , everyone should get it not just a few !

Posted

WOW!!

National Forecast

Distruptive snowfall into KENT,ESSEX,SURREY by 6pm tonight

Heavy snowfall causing problems tomorrow increasing throughout the day into sunday , with strong north east / east winds

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Where did you see that? wont complain!lol

Posted

All very true. Going with my 'sky don't lie' test (which worked a treat yesterday), and coupling that this time with the radar and wind projections... can see genuine substance in this one.

I'd agree, there is no pesky Low trying to make it's mind up today, it's just a straight NEerly wind, with local variants, so I guess there is more chance they could be right for tonight

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

WOW!!

National Forecast

Distruptive snowfall into KENT,ESSEX,SURREY by 6pm tonight

Heavy snowfall causing problems tomorrow increasing throughout the day into sunday , with strong north east / east winds

:drinks::clap: :clap:

Sounds great there is some hope bring it on

Posted

Hey Janet, where abouts are you, im in Wisbech, had two reall good snow showers earlier which gave a nice covering.

In Outwell . . halfway between Wisbech and Downham . . . obviously the showers are missing us by a few miles!!

Janet

Posted

I saw that too, not what I was expecting nonono.gif

Mind you I wasn't expecting any snow today and I've just been out for an hour and a half walk and it has snowed three times, be it almost invisable minute particles of snow, it was snowing and it was enough to cover my front path which was cleared and salted yesterday.

Yes, there are still minute snow grains flying around! It must be slightly heavier where you are in the east, the tiny flurries here are defintely not enough to give a covering, its barely frozen drizzle in the SW.

Edited by ickledoozer

Posted

Metcheck forecasts rain for tomorrow, yet pretty much 100% snow risk for tomorrow too - don't get it! Beginning not to trust them now.

It won't rain tomorrow. No guarantee it will snow, but it won't rain!

Posted

An inch of snow has fallen on Bluebell Hill within 30 minutes from the current convective lot according to the missus. Considering leaving work early, today, after the five hour trip the other night from Erith to Rochester.

Posted

http://www.sat24.nl/nl

Check out the sat pic of the streamers

Posted

I'd agree, there is no pesky Low trying to make it's mind up today, it's just a straight NEerly wind, with local variants, so I guess there is more chance they could be right for tonight

Nail and head.

Posted

Cracking days weather. Heavy heavy snow along A20 driving back from Challock and Charing. Around 5" of new snow up at Challock and snow continued to fall all the way to Leeds Castle. Back home now in Iwade and just had a heavy shower and now another has just started.

Fantastico

James

Posted

Metcheck forecasts rain for tomorrow, yet pretty much 100% snow risk for tomorrow too - don't get it! Beginning not to trust them now.

The rain one is likely to be talking about precipitation, and the snow one is likely talking about the type of precipitation.

Posted

Moderate gentle snow here... first large flakes, snow moderate-heavy small flakes. Presumably because it's so cold and dry it doesn't seem to be settling yet on the bare patch on neighbour's roof. I used to think snow was such simple stuff.

Now moderate again.

Posted

BBC Radio Suffolk was talking about more snow for East Anglia and Ipswich, later on today pm time.And said they could be heavy at times.

:)

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

In Outwell . . halfway between Wisbech and Downham . . . obviously the showers are missing us by a few miles!!

Janet

On sunday i drove to theford and left Wisbech which had a few flakes of snow to a dusting in Outwell to quite a covering in theford, definately very localised in this area, hopefully will get some more later?