Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

One of the long time horses of herne , always comes over to say hello

bless him... seriously though I hope he has plenty of hay or is in at night. Too much for an old fella these temps..I know I have an oldie and have had to wrap him up and keep him in.....but your herne one maybe a toughie....worth keeping an eye in case the owner is struglling to get there.....???

right am off track...I see some warnings in place wonder if that puts Brighton and Hove in the firing line too

Posted

Early warning for Kent & Sussex!! good.gif

There is a high risk of severe weather affecting Kent, East Sussex and eastern parts of West Sussex. Outbreaks of snow starting on Saturday afternoon will become heavy and persistent during the evening and last into Sunday morning. 7 to 12 cm of fresh level snow are expected widely with 10 to 20 cm locally. Drifting in the very strong winds will cause even greater accumulations in places. Disruption to transport networks is possible.

Amazing, wohhooo, and they even included west sussex! drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Sky weather still ramping up Sunday's snow into Monday too! :lol:

wonder if today's snow is going to edge east into my location, would be fantastic! By the look of things it may well do

Edited by Jezzer

Guest Quantumsnow

still very light snowfall despite us being still a few miles from the nearest radar blob. lookslike the showers are fading before reaching us though.

think you will see some in the next hour or so, keep looking out the window! rolleyes.gif

Yes, those blobs just sliding east of us a bit, never know though they might push a bit further in later.

Tomorrow looks a possibility, maybe slightly moreso for you guys, being that tiny bit further east. Hope you get some good stuff!

biggrin.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

its snowing in Brighton.. very lightly! yahoo.gif

i'm now going to perform my i-want-50p-sized-flakes snow dance - hope it works...!! biggrin.gif

Not yet in hove but I can see the cloud from my window where you maybe....

do a little dance, get down tonight....

go alpineglow goyahoo.gif Wo...

Posted

Early warning for Kent & Sussex!! :D

There is a high risk of severe weather affecting Kent, East Sussex and eastern parts of West Sussex. Outbreaks of snow starting on Saturday afternoon will become heavy and persistent during the evening and last into Sunday morning. 7 to 12 cm of fresh level snow are expected widely with 10 to 20 cm locally. Drifting in the very strong winds will cause even greater accumulations in places. Disruption to transport networks is possible.

How awful......

:lol:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Can't believe it's thawing out in some areas , oh for a deeper freeze!. Must be the estuary warming things up

Posted

How awful......

:lol:

Re the warning for Kent, quite interesting that they are suggessting 20cm in some places, as the event draws closer and they get a better idea on PPN, I reckon some people are gonna do very very well from this.

Posted

Re the warning for Kent, quite interesting that they are suggessting 20cm in some places, as the event draws closer and they get a better idea on PPN, I reckon some people are gonna do very very well from this.

How about for us in Herts Hammer?

Posted

I noted earlier the possibility of heavier snow from tonight onwards and especially sat afternoon/night as instability increases with very cold uppers and strengthening NE winds.

Looks like those fears have rung true with severe warnings now out for 3-5" widely and up to 8" across Kent and Sussex during sat afternoon and night. With htose strong winds forecast there could well be places completely cut off on sunday morning especially small villages along the N Downs.

All I am concerned about is getting my dad to Gatwick tomorrow morning from Newnham in the N Downs. The ironic thing is he is off to the Dolomites, skiing. If snow here stopped him going he would be gutted!!!!

Sun is shining brightly across the snowfields of Iwade and the temp has fallen to -0.5c......Lovely!

James

Edited by Barometric

Posted

10-20cm on the 8cm+ that we already have is rather alot! , but i think after all these years we are deserved it

Posted

Can't believe it's thawing out in some areas , oh for a deeper freeze!. Must be the estuary warming things up

Despite it currently snowing lightly, it is also very slowly thawing as well. Temp is -0.1C currently - not looking good!

Posted

How about for us in Herts Hammer?

Pretty sure as we move closer to Saturday night and Sunday the warning will extend further to other areas, although perhaps not to the extent of 20cm's. So would think we'll do reasonablly well, as ever probably a little early to tell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Not yet in hove but I can see the cloud from my window where you maybe....

do a little dance, get down tonight....

go alpineglow goyahoo.gif Wo...

I live over Preston Park way. The light snow has stopped now however according the the radar we have snow on and off all day today cold.gif

Even if its not much - we have Sat/Sun & Mon to look forward too.. drunk.gifyahoo.gif

I have to somehow make it to B&Q or somewhere to get a sledge (the gritters here are non existant except on the main roads) - hopefully they haven't sold out otherwise I will be forced to use the tray...!!

its very very lightly snowing here again now good.gif

EDIT : it is getting heavier now - going for the moderate.. the snow dance is working!

Edited by Alpine glow

Posted

They under estimated the snow that fell in East Kent Wednesday night... so I'm hoping they are also under estimating tomorrow nights into sunday's snow lol.

Must have warmed up a little here, can see water dripping but only a little.

Posted

All I am concerned about is getting my dad to Gatwick tomorrow morning from Newnham in the N Downs.

Well what with the backlogs and the potential for even greater snow, he may be one of the many hundreds spending the first part of his holiday in West Sussex (South Terminal floor)

Posted

Wow just came over BLACK and the wind suddenly whipped up then BANG snow everywhere lovely sized flakes etc lasted about 30 mins topped everything up nicely

More needed pls

Posted

v67l9v.jpg

This might be the heavy snow due tonight , good clumps of cloud moving towards the north sea

Posted

very happy now, snow getting heavier and looks like people in east sussex, b+h and even us in west sussex could see sone heavier stuff in next few days. even announced the warnings in the last bbc forecast rolleyes.gif

Posted

I see the Met O have gone with the NAE with regards to Sun. However a word of caution this isn't backed by the GFS which IMO is very reliable with its precip forecasts upto +48. Also the 0Z NAE didn't suggest a streamer. Only get excited if this continues in the NAE output.

However here is how I see Sat night/Sun.

The enhanced precip around the thames into Sussex makes perfect sense due to the ENE,ly flow. As we progress through Sunday the flow changes to a E,ly. This will mean the heavier precip will move N into Norfolk, Cambs and spreading W across to Midlands/Wales as shown by the 06Z GFS. This again makes sense because the precip is enhanced with the longer fetch across the N Sea. The areas likely to be affected by the heaviest snowfalls is Sussex and W parts of Norfolk. Simple reason isn't just to the amount of falling snow but the distance inland away from the influence of the warmer N Sea. The GFS predicts temps as igh as 3/4C around Kent and coastal areas of Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk.