Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

We've got an unexpected slow moving but fairly light snow shower here, it's dusted the clear surfaces again. Actually, it's got a little heavier now. -0.7c.

Posted

Really great shower this. Massive flakes coming down at a good rate. Hope more builds in the Estuary mouth and flows further down West.

Medway towns will do well out of this. Heads up!

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

This 'blob' is moving much slower than I originally thought. Snow nearly stopped here, then got a bit heavier again. Still snowing very lightly now. As much as I really love this weather and am constantly lampost and radar watching, I am still in 2 minds about travelling tomorrow. I'm not (I admit) particularly confident driving in the snow/ice - after a couple of near misses. Tomorrow I am meant to be taking someone to Ware in Hertfordshire and back in the evening. It's so hard to tell at the moment, where, when and how much is going to fall. The journey has to be done at sometime soon, preferably tomorrow, but it's a case of take a chance and go, or take a chance and wait for a better day. I know slightly off topic, and I HATE to be asking but does any of the more knowledgeable posters on here have any advice? :clap:

and heavier again :cold:

Edited by eveeeinessex

Posted

Right thats me lot of snow for the day

off to shops. wish me luck !!!

Good luck! Couldn't believe how much extra snow fell last night in Clacton! Managed to get to Brentwood by train today without any issues.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

yep , hold in there, my current shower is currently coming towards you! :clap:

Cheers for that Maidstone . Here's hoping

Posted

Lol, where are you then? :cold:

Just outside the Peterborough area, and have only seen the very lightest of dustings ( which has now gone) :clap:

Posted

Any chance of theese showers blowing more inland towards south of London like Surrey now there is a more easterly flow to the wind

Should be more opps but we do really need an ENEly to turn the precip not only w'wards but s'wards.

Posted

That line in the channel is certainly back-building towards Dungeness-Hythe way, whilst the band I'm under is drifting slowly southwestwards but westwards at the same time, so I would expect it to stop soon.

Slipped SE of me,next one over Chatham might better aligned for me :clap:

Posted

I don't want to jinx it. But there really is signs of some sort of shower train, I won't use the word Streamer, developing at this end of the Estuary. Look at all that snow out there to the E of me in Southend. Really intensifying too.

Which radar do you use? I'm using the net weather 5 min, but always keen for other good ones.

Posted

This 'blob' is moving much slower than I originally thought. Snow nearly stopped here, then got a bit heavier again. Still snowing very lightly now. As much as I really love this weather and am constantly lampost and radar watching, I am still in 2 minds about travelling tomorrow. I'm not (I admit) particularly confident driving in the snow/ice - after a couple of near misses. Tomorrow I am meant to be taking someone to Ware in Hertfordshire and back in the evening. It's so hard to tell at the moment, where, when and how much is going to fall. The journey has to be done at sometime soon, preferably tomorrow, but it's a case of take a chance and go, or take a chance and wait for a better day. I know slightly off topic, and I HATE to be asking but does any of the more knowledgeable posters on here have any advice? :clap:

I have to return to UEA this weekend because my lectures recommence on Monday. However, I seriously cannot see me getting there until midweek next week given the current state of the situation in Kent...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

We've got an unexpected slow moving but fairly light snow shower here, it's dusted the clear surfaces again. Actually, it's got a little heavier now. -0.7c.

Not checked at home Tommy but that's a good looking blob you got there that I think is too just far north for me

Posted

Some grey clouds coming over me now, look like they are heading south on the A1, not leaving me any lovely presents though! heeheh

Posted

Which radar do you use? I'm using the net weather 5 min, but always keen for other good ones.

This one Rain Today

Free and pretty spot on.

Tap in your SS postcode on the left and you will be able to zoom in a bit more.

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

This one Rain Today

Free and pretty spot on.

Tap in your SS postcode on the left and you will be able to zoom in a bit more.

Great!! Thank you

Wow, I didn't see all that lot coming. Intensifying as you say and looking good.

Edited by eveeeinessex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Pretty steady snow here, £1 coin size, but the bloody sun is out, haha

Edited by Essexgooner

Posted

It has been mentioned a few times about the build up of showers off the coast of Scotland(North Sea) which are heading south. Does anyone know if these will continue to head south and thus hitting Norfolk or will they start heading East in land soon. My thinking was that they wont get to norfolk and are more likely to hit the North East.

Any thoughts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Heavier snow falling here again in St. Albans!

and that's too far west for me!

Anyone want to claim the East side :lol: