Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Quite moderate snow here in Ashford but very fine individual flakes, indictative of low temps I believe. Should be good out on the piste this afternoon!

Posted

Should be good out on the piste this afternoon!

Mine's a pint please AH! :yahoo:

Posted

I saw that too, not what I was expecting nonono.gif

Mind you I wasn't expecting any snow today and I've just been out for an hour and a half walk and it has snowed three times, be it almost invisable minute particles of snow, it was snowing and it was enough to cover my front path which was cleared and salted yesterday.

Are you sure you live in Milton Keynes? No one else here has had a covering of any kind. At all :yahoo:

Posted

Quite moderate snow here in Ashford but very fine individual flakes, indictative of low temps I believe. Should be good out on the piste this afternoon!

Wonderful dry powder snow on my car this morning! All of it, even the stuff that had fallen as wet snow is now "dry." Much easier to get rid off too! -3C here.

Posted

Heavy Snow 1500 Fri 8 2200 Fri 8

Further heavy snow showers will feed in from the North Sea this afternoon with further accumulations of 2 to 5 cm generally with locally up to 10 cm. The snow will start drifting in a freshening northeasterly wind.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1135 Fri 8 Jan

Lol

The advisory is not even for the Stuff Falling Now :doh: This is for 3pm until 10pm tonight :shok:

BTW In C London it is Cloudy, Dry and Very Icy with a Strong Wind! Wish I had stayed at home today :yahoo:

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

Looking like SE London should get some light stuff in the next couple of hours (going by the radar). Wind seems to have a bit more of an easterly compnent in it as well.

Bodes better for tonight and tomorrow...

DS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

just fell out of bed to see snow falling in leighton buzzard

Current data for Linslade

08 January 2010 10:50:58

Temperature (°C):

Current -1.6

Trend (per hour) +0.4

Average today -3.7

Wind chill -1.6

Humidex -4.5

Dew Point -3.3

Rel Humidity 88%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 7.6 NW

Average Speed 1.6 NNW

Pressure (mb):

Current 1021.8

Trend (per hour) +0.2

Ouch ! I hope you didn't bump your head blink.gif

Have had several light flurries af microscopic snow in MK during the morning.

Any ideas on what to expect over the weekend and into Monday ?

I'm as confused as ever BBC show nothing, Metchect sleet, and others still talking of blizzards and a white out wacko.gif

Posted

I'm as confused as ever BBC show nothing, Metchect sleet, and others still talking of blizzards and a white out wacko.gif

The BBC graphics were misleading as it showed the latter part of the day (thanks for the info JasonUK) when the band of showers have progressed inland to the SW. Overnight Saturday into Sunday we are still expecting snow, no idea how much yet and where but it is likely we will get another covering.

Posted

I gave up on metcheck as soon as I found netweather!

I think I will do the same now as they are saying sleet on Sat/Sun for me but show 100% snow risk from Sat-Mon

I'm easliy confused anyway, could do without them making it worse (lol)

Posted

im no expert but looking at sundays outlook ,more snow ,but it seems to start off in the east of the region and jump to the west of the country and miss out the middle ! also looking at the pressure maps we could be in for stronger winds from the NE percipitation of a rate at 2-5 mm per hour so probable good snow fall ,no idea how long its goign to last but i would really appreciate someone in the know telling me if im on the right tracks with my forcast lol ,pretty please

Posted

Large flakes falling in chelmsford now, getting quite heavy too. More please!!!!

stopped in braintree stop stealing my snow:diablo: lol

felstead huh bet you know my neighbours lmao!!!

Posted

Are you sure you live in Milton Keynes? No one else here has had a covering of any kind. At all cc_confused.gif

Yes... on the outskirts to the east, perhaps the Brickhills give me a bit more ??

I friend has been over earlier who lives in Ravenstone the other side of Olney and she was amazed how much more we have over here.

Lucky me yahoo.gif