Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

No, id say its right, my temp here has been rising since about 9 o clock tonight! odd isnt it, i put it down to cloud cover,

Oh okay, yeah that's probably it. Only on previous nights the temperature has actually held its own and sometimes still gone down under cloud cover. As you say, a little odd but there we go. :shok:

Posted

I like to imagine he is in a club, very drunk and dancing to a bit of Abba :D

Careful... He'll be trying to ban you again!!! :lol:

Do you think he may be singing along to a bit of :shok: ???!!! :p

Edited by Schmac

Posted

Careful... He'll be trying to ban you again!!! laugh.gif

Do you think he may be singing along to a bit of help.gif ???!!! tongue.gif

He and Mr Angwin are singing the weather girls on Karaoke as we type! :drinks:

Ban me! LOL...I know, cheeky Beggar!

Posted

He and Mr Angwin are singing the weather girls on Karaoke as we type! :D

A bit like this, perhaps:

:drinks: "It's raining men..." !!

Posted

A bit like this, perhaps:

drunk.gif "It's raining men..." !!

Absolutely! :help:

I just want to know if we are going to have snow lying on Monday as my friend and I have models planned for an ice zoo in my garden. He is starting with a giraffe and I am starting with a lion, we will build on from there. :cold:

Posted

Wow, just had a 15min heavy snow shower here in East Dorset, big flakes and settled nicely on the roads, grass etc giving a new dusting! -2c here. Wasnt expecting that tonight!

Posted

Absolutely! :lazy:

I just want to know if we are going to have snow lying on Monday as my friend and I have models planned for an ice zoo in my garden. He is starting with a giraffe and I am starting with a lion, we will build on from there. :lazy:

I can't see why you wouldn't...

Mind you, this is the Westcountry and as we all well know, "snow don't like it down in these parts"!

Guaranteed it'll clear off at the first available opportunity (but I can't see that being before Tuesday, from what I've seen/heard/read)...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I can't see why you wouldn't...

Mind you, this is the Westcountry and as we all well know, "snow don't like it down in these parts"!

Guaranteed it'll clear off at the first available opportunity (but I can't see that being before Tuesday, from what I've seen/heard/read)...

Could do with a short period of lesser cold around Weds-Fri so I can easily get in from exams as the exam boards are a bit thick with regards to difficulties in travelling long distances and absences for exams. Then the next cold spell can come back with a vengeance. :lazy:

Posted

Rob McElwee on BBC1 has just said that the bulk of the snow will be in the SE, with everywhere else in the South "getting a light dusting" :wallbash:

He also said that towards the middle of the week, they could be forecasting "heavy snow for Cornwall and Devon... and nowhere else"!!!

Edited by Schmac

Posted

Not looking good then.. :wallbash:

Well, the main snow shifted from West to East this week at the last minute, so maybe the reverse will happen this time (if there's any justice in the snow-world!)...

Surley the SE have had enough by now?!!

Anyway, off to bed now... An early trip to Tescos awaits me in the morning (to buy 15 pints of milk and 10 loaves of bread... NOT!)...

I just hope there isn't a shotage of chocolate croissants! :clap:

Edited by Schmac

Posted

What the hell is going on with this so called snow threat Sat night Sun Mon etc. All the TV media are showin snow for all of south britain and yet there are no warnings at all from the met Just an advisory. For something this close it doesnt make sense.

Posted

Well I need to go to bed, late night last night!

Can someone please let me know if I am building a lion or an ant in my garden on Monday?

Night all xxx

Good night! Fingers crossed it will be a lion! :drunk:

Posted

What the hell is going on with this so called snow threat Sat night Sun Mon etc. All the TV media are showin snow for all of south britain and yet there are no warnings at all from the met Just an advisory. For something this close it doesnt make sense.

I was starting to think the same thing.. They might issue it today though.

Posted

I think Wednesday could produce a fair large dumping for some.

Though many days away,

from the met

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of south Wales and SW England on Wednesday.

There is potential for further outbreaks of snow, which could locally be heavy and prolonged at times. This will lead to further icy stretches on roads and pavements.

Issued at: 0125 Sat 9 Jan

South West England:

Bath + NE Somerset

Bournemouth

Bristol

Cornwall & Isles of Scilly

Devon

Dorset

N Somerset

Plymouth

Poole

Somerset

Torbay

Heavy Snow Wed 13 Jan

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of south Wales and SW England on Wednesday.

There is potential for further outbreaks of snow, which could locally be heavy and prolonged at times. This will lead to further icy stretches on roads and pavements.

Issued at: 0125 Sat 9 Jan

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I think people in the SW should be very very happy.

We've had some bitterly cold weather,(some of the coldest temps for over 20 years).

Most of the SW has a covering of snow(with snow on the ground for the last 3-4 days).

We have advisories out for Heavy snow for the SW, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (The first time I can ever remember 4 advisories in a row for Heavy snow, let alone with snow already on the ground ! ).

Lets remember how lucky we have been so far this winter... :D

BTW as was mentioned above far more showers today than they predicted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Morning all...severe wintry conditions expected here in the Channel Islands for the next three days at least. I have woken this morning to another whiteout and several cm's of fresh snow and if our local forecast is correct, snowfall amounts here by tomorrow morning will be the highest we have seen here for a long time :D

All public transport services have been suspended and many roads are becoming either treacherous and / or impassable.

Edited by Fitzwis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Here are some pics taken from our back door at 07:30 this morning soon after waking up. I hope to get out and about a little later with the family to snap some more scenic shots :whistling:

post-5600-12630257516642_thumb.jpg

post-5600-12630257732542_thumb.jpg

post-5600-12630257952942_thumb.jpg

Posted

Here are some pics taken from our back door at 07:30 this morning soon after waking up. I hope to get out and about a little later with the family to snap some more scenic shots :whistling:

Veeeeeeeeeery nice! :) I was having a look yesterday at the Channel Streamer that was pounding the Cotentin Peninsula of Normandy, that then tracked further south and hit you guys. The snow totals must be quite nice in places round there! :)