Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I'm hoping, but not expecting, we get some more decent snow from the sunday event. If we do if could mean the stork will be flying in for this couple...

Snowcouple.jpg?t=1262971205

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Repost of my reply to TWS at the end of the last part:

Sorry TWS, I phrased that question poorly - what I meant was - how would an anaprop look on the radar image? I noticed scrolling through last nights' radar that there seemed to be two jupms - one where all the showers disappeared except one band from on 5 minute image to the next, then, later on, the band disappears and the general showers reappear!

Posted

"Is Brighton going to get some white stuff soon as cant get on the raintoday radar,help lolcc_confused.gif "

yes brighton will get some in a couple of mins, eastbourne will get a pasting. but looks to miss us in lancingwallbash.gif

post-10842-12629719159442_thumb.png

Posted

Essex Gooner, this shower was a direct hit for us. To continue this trend we need showers passing between Ipswich and F'Stowe. They pivot very slightly SSW from SW when they hit our area, due to the North wind. Just a rough point of reference for the SE Essex folk. This will change though as winds should swing NNE then NE as we go through the night, bringing those further West of here into play more.

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Thanks Pete,

after a brief lull snow is coming down again.

bbc forecast going for another 15cm across SE corner ... eek! Still waiting for the 12z NAE to come out, though UKMO global on meteociel shows plenty of snow for the south Saturday evening onwards.

Posted

"Is Brighton going to get some white stuff soon as cant get on the raintoday radar,help lolcc_confused.gif "

yes brighton will get some in a couple of mins, eastbourne will get a pasting. but looks to miss us in lancingwallbash.gif

Thanks ,i have my nose pressed firmly to the window looking at the lamposts loldrinks.gif

Posted

For everyone well in land I realy wouldn't bother looking out to the north see and drawing a line. For 1 any slight deviation at that distance makes a huge difference further down the line and more importantly convection is now dropping and showers will die away so only the coasts will sea anything after 7pm. Looks interesting for the East mids just to the north of our area!

Edited by Tim Bland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Link to previous:

Cheers - Patience is not a virtue I possess! :unknw:

Showers starting to make their way into South Norfolk again :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

Moderate snow here in Eastbourne. Looks like their getting across now rather than petering out like yesterday. A lot more convection off the dutch coast-looking good.smile.gif

Look out the window there's a slight flurry going on now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Anaprop appears, usually, as regions of tiny dots of light precipitation on the radar that don't move much, if at all.

I am hoping particularly fervently that we get some good snow in Norwich on Sunday- not just because it could easily catch us up to Tyneside's snow depths, but also because of the unpalatable nature of the alternative (sleet leading to unpleasant slush and ice which would be of no use to anyone, even those looking for something milder).

Posted

Not a flake all day here, and a mad busy day at work with people off 'because of the snow'!

Any chance they will be able to use that excuse legitimately over the weekend/tonight? everything seems to the west of us, and I havent been able to keep up with weather watching today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Essex Gooner, this shower was a direct hit for us. To continue this trend we need showers passing between Ipswich and F'Stowe. They pivot very slightly SSW from SW when they hit our area, due to the North wind. Just a rough point of reference for the SE Essex folk. This will change though as winds should swing NNE then NE as we go through the night.

Yeah, I notice the little twitch at the end with some of the showers, heres to more drinks.gif

Posted

Thanks Pete,

after a brief lull snow is coming down again.

bbc forecast going for another 15cm across SE corner ... eek! Still waiting for the 12z NAE to come out, though UKMO global on meteociel shows plenty of snow for the south Saturday evening onwards.

Hi Nick, is that tonight?! :)

Posted

lol, i thought that was steam across the lampostwhistling.gif yay snow! very very fine snow rolleyes.gif

edit: was steam no snow in lancing wallbash.gif

all getting to much for me, missed us by a smidge in lancing

Edited by thegreat316

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Interesting situation in the Wash at the moment, Potential shower activity for N Cambs (the snow starved area).

North Lincs just had a pasting from massive shower activity there, looks like an off shoot from that is developing further South in the North Sea.

Wish us luck all you snowed in southerners!! laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Yeah, I notice the little twitch at the end with some of the showers, heres to more drinks.gif

Another one just come through Lowerstoft, reckon that will be ours later shrimper?

Edited by Essexgooner

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Anaprop appears, usually, as regions of tiny dots of light precipitation on the radar that don't move much, if at all.

I am hoping particularly fervently that we get some good snow in Norwich on Sunday- not just because it could easily catch us up to Tyneside's snow depths, but also because of the unpalatable nature of the alternative (sleet leading to unpleasant slush and ice which would be of no use to anyone, even those looking for something milder).

Thanks TWS. I agree with regards slush etc. Most upleasant.

Posted

So there is lol,i am hoping for more though than a flurrypardon.gif