Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Now that is one of the most IMBY statements I have seen :drinks: Come on matey.....spill the beans and give a general report for the rest of us :acute:

SS

Thats not his back yard though :drinks::unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

Hi Alan - welcome to the forum, and hope you can get used to sorting the wheat from the chaff on threads such as this.

It would be useful for you to put your location on your profile so that it shows up on yr posts.

As for Sunday, it is looking highly likely that we could see up to 15 cm of snow from saturday night, and sweet spots could get more.....watch the radar and listen to the more respected members on here.

SS

tnanks for that info i appreciate it sorry i am in belvedere kent near dartford

hi every one literally just signed up i only live 2 miles from mr murr in nuxley village really respect his knowledge but is it going to snow sunday ?????

can you hear is excitement when the GFS comes out every 6 hours!?

snow there

hi every one literally just signed up i only live 2 miles from mr murr in nuxley village really respect his knowledge but is it going to snow sunday ?????

Hi alan --

WELCOME!!!!

I expect its going to snow in SE london from around dinner time SAT- until Monday morning- 25CM is the VERY top end we could expect-

UKMET model this evening also predicts very heavy snow for us day 5 7 6 next week-

S

Posted

Hi alan --

WELCOME!!!!

I expect its going to snow in SE london from around dinner time SAT- until Monday morning- 25CM is the VERY top end we could expect-

UKMET model this evening also predicts very heavy snow for us day 5 7 6 next week-

S

Yep, we've had the starter, now for the main course and then there's always dessert

Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Hi alan --

WELCOME!!!!

S

:drinks:

:drinks:

Posted

Might be worth Sky+ing this forecast!

well news 24 has put the s/e east on red alert!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I must have missed this invisible barrier, as I've had far more thunderstorms since I came to Norwich than I've had in any other area of the country, 3 inches of snow in November 2008, and repeated experiences of it being hot and sunny with stunning sunsets while most other parts of Britain are cloudy and muggy.

Norwich did miss out on a lot of the snow during winter 2008/09 (apart from the November 2008 snowstorm) and the snow streamers of 17/18 December but that's more the luck of the draw than anything else.

Thanks TWS for that glowing testimonial! We certainly get interesting weather here, and Norwich, given that it lies fairly close to the sea, gets quite a lot of snow I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

Hi alan --

WELCOME!!!!

S

thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow !!!!

:good:

:D

Sounds fab for you in SE London, what are we looking at in SW London?

Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Now that is one of the most IMBY statements I have seen :good: Come on matey.....spill the beans and give a general report for the rest of us :D

SS

You know you SE-ers really take the biscuit. Central EA and Norfolk have been waiting for 4 long days for any slight precipitation and my location for example still has only 2 cm (1") and half of that fell on New Year's Eve over a week ago.

I used to live on the Surrey/Hampshire/West Sussex borders where this picture was taken on Tuesday by a friend of mine. And yet you want more snow and accuse other people of being IMBY??? Jeeez :D

post-8078-12629768975342_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Blob heading for Saffron Walden.... hoping it carries on in our direction....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Just started to snow here.

looking at the radar Cambridge seems to be a place that's getting merged blobs...