Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

WHITEOUT!!

Heavy Hail :blush:

Posted

Anyone see my photo on south east today?? :):cold:

Yes - I did! Was all excited for you and even told my hubby that was one of the forum folk :nea: Sadly, my internet chose that moment to crash, only just got back on :blush:

Posted

Yes - I did! Was all excited for you and even told my hubby that was one of the forum folk :nea: Sadly, my internet chose that moment to crash, only just got back on :blush:

Thankyou , i like how they put it after that other horse shot.. All great shots on south east today this evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Bit of a slap in the face from Rob McElwee. Talked about the snow being in a very specific area - east Essex, most of Kent, East Sussex - and only just about grazing SE London. Sunday didnt look all that great. Very light snow it seemed. This could be a very localised event. Not widespread according to the latest forecast.

Snow is often in the UK 'NOW CASTING'

You wont know till sunday an hr before what you might get so why 'worry' about it. You may get a foot or nothing , if your really lucky 30cm !.

Its snowing here now , not forcast not mention just now on the BBC , topping up the foot we already have.

we might be in for a fair bit of snow tonight, so a upgrade from 3hrs ago

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

stop dissing the SEterners lol we can't help it if nature is smiling on us. But i have to say my son is due to start his a level exams on Monday and i would like him to do them so i have good reasons not to want the snow. At least all those in Norfolk and other places moaning about the lack of heavy snow will not have that problem if you have children due to take exams next week too so be glad and spare a thought for us. :nea:

I'm very glad for you all (or if you don't want snow I'm very sorry you've had too much...) :blush:

Just grates slightly that a long and seasoned NW contributor like bluearmy being called an IMBY. Noticed that the very wonderful TEITS himself was also slagged off by some newbie yesterday because he hadn't shared his NMM charts only available by subscription.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

I have to go guys and just wondered if anyone could tell me if there will be anymore snow in Brighton tonight????rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

I give up with the BBC forecasts, totally different from local to national forecasts, all over the shop. I'm still hopeful though :blush:

Posted

Hi there i asked neilsouth what the snow was like in Canturbury and he has not ans me i have to take my daughter back to uni of kent on Sunday what is it looking like over there at the mo thinking about dropping her off Sat instead.

All the main roads around Canterbury are fine. Bit dodgy on some estate/back roads etc. Few showers passing through now and again. Hope that helps, I can always update you tomorrow.

Posted

Maidstone Weather i sympathise with you do you drive up or will you take the train. Maybe you should consider going tommorrow morning as well so that you are there for Monday or can you not get into your halls. My daughter is in a shared rented house as she is in her second year. Either that or go Tuesday as the gritters will have worked their magic on the main roads by then and at least you will only have to catch up with one day of lectures. Maybe it will be so snowy in Norflok that the uni will close and you will not miss out there by making the EA members on this thread happy too.

Posted

Just got an extra 1cm on the ground , i cleared the snow on part of the car and measured it after

Posted

Unless something from the evolution changes...sunday looks to be a far south eastern corner event...i.e. Kent and maybe sussex...as time progresses I expect that they will become just a shower. The Easterly is not an easterly by strict definition anymore, it has become an east north easterly which makes a fair difference.

streamers unlikly from that angle and thus the SE corner seeing the brunt...though the odd shower off the norfolk and suffolk coast cannot be ruled out.

Unless something changes I can see a rather dry period now until tues/weds (The odd light flurry) unless you are outside the extreme Se then as we moce towards next Tues/Weds a gradual warming from the south until the atlantic wins out on thur/fri...but hey im off skiing then so would be rather pleased if all the chaos is over

Posted

nothing here in belvedere kent broken cloud and 2.5 below

Is The wind in the right direction for our area???

We have missed most of the showers last two day, they have been over the Medway/Maidstone area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Hello all. I've been coming on this site for a couple of weeks now.

I love everything to do with the weather, it is very interesting.

I just wanted to know if we are going to get light or heavy snow hear in luton this weekend?

I've had a look on the met office but it always says the same thing!

I thought I'd ask hear as you all seem to know an awful lot about the weather.

Thanksgood.gif

This is going to sound a bit glib, but it's probably best to wait till tomorrow, as there seems to be lots of uncertainty.

To stick my neck out, I'd say you'll get very little until after dark on Saturday, but if the frontal zone develops, you will get a few cms during Sunday.

Posted

Hi there i asked neilsouth what the snow was like in Canturbury and he has not ans me i have to take my daughter back to uni of kent on Sunday what is it looking like over there at the mo thinking about dropping her off Sat instead.

Sorry Snow Queen One for my rudeness , Canterbury itself at this time seems to be ok... The worst hit areas are Herne & Parts of Whitstable

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Unless something from the evolution changes...sunday looks to be a far south eastern corner event...i.e. Kent and maybe sussex...as time progresses I expect that they will become just a shower. The Easterly is not an easterly by strict definition anymore, it has become an east north easterly which makes a fair difference.

streamers unlikly from that angle and thus the SE corner seeing the brunt...though the odd shower off the norfolk and suffolk coast cannot be ruled out.

Unless something changes I can see a rather dry period now until tues/weds (The odd light flurry) unless you are outside the extreme Se then as we moce towards next Tues/Weds a gradual warming from the south until the atlantic wins out on thur/fri...but hey im off skiing then so would be rather pleased if all the chaos is over

that sounds great to me !!!! i want it all :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

I give up with the BBC forecasts, totally different from local to national forecasts, all over the shop. I'm still hopeful though cold.gif

dont worry spoke to the regular roadsweeper outside work today local council have put all gritting teams on overtime for the weekend they dont do that unless they have a wiff of something

Posted

Maidstone Weather i sympathise with you do you drive up or will you take the train. Maybe you should consider going tommorrow morning as well so that you are there for Monday or can you not get into your halls. My daughter is in a shared rented house as she is in her second year. Either that or go Tuesday as the gritters will have worked their magic on the main roads by then and at least you will only have to catch up with one day of lectures. Maybe it will be so snowy in Norflok that the uni will close and you will not miss out there by making the EA members on this thread happy too.

I drive up there, but like your scenario it will be my parents taking me and they aren't confident about the roads in the area at the moment - gawd knows how we are going to get out the housing estate lol. No buses are running either, I have too much stuff to take on the train, which themselves are severely limited and jam-packed when they do arrive.

I suspect I may travel up on Monday instead, when everything has calmed down a bit. Hopefully the worst will be over by then. In some ways I prefer to stay in Kent for a couple more days, get to see tomorrow night's snow better than in Norfolk judging by the forecasts. 7cm at UEA, 16cm in my garden at the moment :whistling:

Posted

Moderate snow in Hertford for about 30 minutes, tailing off now.

Roads very icy, have seen no gritters, ended up sideways in the car on Welwyn Road hill for anyone that knows it!

Posted

I'm very glad for you all (or if you don't want snow I'm very sorry you've had too much...) :whistling:

Just grates slightly that a long and seasoned NW contributor like bluearmy being called an IMBY. Noticed that the very wonderful TEITS himself was also slagged off by some newbie yesterday because he hadn't shared his NMM charts only available by subscription.

I understand completely last Feb when all that snow fell in EA and everybody was saying how heavy it was and how bad it was i was sitting here willing the wind to change so i could get some and because people seem to group us together with EA they all thought we had had the heavy snow too. Now it is the reverse so i know where you all are coming from. On the negative side it is not so nice having this snow on the ground for so long. Hard to get out to work food being bought up like it is going out of style and when it melts the threat of flooding so at least those who have not had so much will not have to worry about that.

Thanks for the reply kent snow maybe i could check with you on Sunday because if i send her back before the snow she will be on her own and none of her housemates will be back then and i would prefer her to be here safe and warm.