Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hello all, have been lurking for some time and thought I may as well join up. Just had the briefest of snow flurries in Wembley, which I almost missed while signing up (ironic). I'm assuming most of the fun will miss London tonight, could anyone 'in the know' confirm or deny this??

Posted

Just Make it an East Anglia and another thread South East , otherwise it could get confusing and that would be the easiest way

yep that makes sense

Posted

There is only one place to be tonight at the moment and that is east/central kent which is getting hammered, there is very little unfortunately coming the way of essex for the foreseeable!

Posted

I am meant to be in Canterbury tomorrow doing a street collection for a Greyhound Rescue charity that I volunteer for, just wondered if onyone from that area could tell me if I should cancel?

The main roads are generally fine. Estate/back roads are a bit dodgy.

Posted

Hi all, I am a newbie here. Have been lurking and relying on the forecasts from you all since getting totally stuck on Bluebell Hill in Decembers event. I have been really enjoyiing learning from everyone whilst reading and almost feel like I know you all already.

I am meant to be in Canterbury tomorrow doing a street collection for a Greyhound Rescue charity that I volunteer for, just wondered if onyone from that area could tell me if I should cancel?

Neilsouth and kent snow say the roads are ok at the mo they are in canturbury and you best ask them tommorrow. I would think it would be a now cast situation we are predicted heavy snow for tommorrow pm so amybe do a run in the morning and let that be it or cancell totally till this bout of snow is over.

Posted

who cares where is where for heavens sake. We've got the best cold/snow even in 30 plus years and people are wondering where the borders are. Essex, Suffolk, Norfold, Cambridgeshire are East Anglia, the rest is Southeast, end of. As for the snow, the North sea showers are really intense, we had a really good shower here 10 minutes ago which added to the pile, Ideal

Posted

Perhaps another thread for the village of Little Oakley lmao. Sorry I know you are busy enough but couldn't resist it

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

I sure am going to miss Pureoceans gif.

Posted

Hey guys,

I see some ppn showing on the GFS for tomorrow night going in to sunday morning over the SE including London. Is this meant to be a snow event that I've heard for Sunday. I've heard some reference to sleet/wet snow.

At the moment what is the story with regards to this. Is the French low coming up to us tomorrow night in to Sunday. Like Tuesday night, albeit less intense?

Thanks.....

Posted

Can anyone from Ipswich give me any advice, my brother needs to travel down there tomorrow and sunday just wanted to know how much snow you have got and what the roads are like in rural areas? Cheers

Posted

These streamers are getting more and more intense! :good:

And I can literally see them from my window, missing me by a couple of miles. No offence but I want this wind to shift east a tad. Sharing is good right?! :good: <_<

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

I'll add some more confusion, just where the hell is Milton Keynes?

1) Met Office lists us under SE England.

2) TV stations are in the East Anglia region.

3) MK is in Buckinghamshire, is this not classed as the south midlands / southern england? After all we're 60 miles NW of London allmost in the middle of the country geographically unsure.gif

I don't really know where South Bucks is either - it's such a long county - we are nearer Berkshire than Milton Keynes! I don't feel like I'm part of the potential EA thread although near Herts, but also not in the same category as Kent! Help! cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

sweet hoping for one or twelve to just flare up. rolleyes.gif

Looking at the latest, you'd be very unlucky not to get a covering tonight

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Id love just this one to see thundersnow , i havent seen it happen in years!

Posted

There is only one place to be tonight at the moment and that is east/central kent which is getting hammered, there is very little unfortunately coming the way of essex for the foreseeable!

So does that make every 1 happy in Kent now lol. and more to come I'm so jelous.<_< lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

not liking the angle of these showers, I am about 5-10 miles too far west from the trains. a bit more easterly in the wind would be ideal <_<

maidstone weather , alot of it is intense hail we haven't yet had any huge flakes or even moderate snowfall from the streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I think we are all going to miss each other when the thread splits - we are like family now <_<

Posted

oooh who will be the first to post??? Other than you Paul of course!! lol

Posted

The main roads are generally fine. Estate/back roads are a bit dodgy.

Neilsouth and kent snow say the roads are ok at the mo they are in canturbury and you best ask them tommorrow. I would think it would be a now cast situation we are predicted heavy snow for tommorrow pm so amybe do a run in the morning and let that be it or cancell totally till this bout of snow is over.

Cheers peeps,

Think we will go for it in the morning and head off before the weather turns. Everyone welcome to come and meet some of our dogs by the way. They have been loving the snowclap.gif

as have I, cant wait for saturday night and Sunday