Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

In the meantime East Herts councils are advising residents that it may be a good idea to carry an umbrella with them if going out on sunday.....just in case!

Hilarious. And terrifically British.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Bit of a slap in the face from Rob McElwee. Talked about the snow being in a very specific area - east Essex, most of Kent, East Sussex - and only just about grazing SE London. Sunday didnt look all that great. Very light snow it seemed. This could be a very localised event. Not widespread according to the latest forecast.

Posted

:drinks:

I live for the day when a front moving west bring snow stalls over the Herts Essex border and leaves you guys with nothing but flakes while we get snow measured in feet rather than inches.

Mark my words....one day....one day... :drinks:

If you dream it may well happen one day......:whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Hi,

It would have been better to have one for EA and one for the SE, but hey-ho it makes for more reading, lol.

More reading... you're not wrong there..! folk in Norfolk, suffolk, Essex, Herts Beds Bucks and North London.... maybe it's just easier to have just one forum for KENT and another for the rest of the world :drinks: ....only untill the wind changes... which could be some time:cold:

just started snowing big slowly floating flakes here in Welwyn Herts, hardly any wind and very pretty fall past my lampost. minus 2.5 degrees too

Edited by shadowcat

Posted

Snowman697, loveletter.........you got much coming down? We've got a very small amount of dust floating down (Ely/fen edge) can't see much to hit us, its so broken up....? (I hope I live to eat those words)

Snowed here for 5 minutes that was it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

snowing!!!!!! yippy.

Posted

Bit of a slap in the face from Rob McElwee. Talked about the snow being in a very specific area - east Essex, most of Kent, East Sussex - and only just about grazing SE London. Sunday didnt look all that great. Very light snow it seemed. This could be a very localised event. Not widespread according to the latest forecast.

BUGGER

Posted

stop dissing the SEterners lol we can't help it if nature is smiling on us. But i have to say my son is due to start his a level exams on Monday and i would like him to do them so i have good reasons not to want the snow. At least all those in Norfolk and other places moaning about the lack of heavy snow will not have that problem if you have children due to take exams next week too so be glad and spare a thought for us. :drinks:

Posted
I'm sorry but if you are talking about the City itself, I find 2 1/2 or 3" rather hard to believe

I live in snowless St Ives and work in Cambridge, definitely lots more snow in Cambridge

Not sure about 3", but probably a couple and more now by the looks of the latest radar

Posted

They can't make up the minds just like Tuesday evening and Wednesday afternnon was forecasted for the SE. :drinks:

Edited by Blizzard_of_Oz

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

Hi,

It would have been better to have one for EA and one for the SE, but hey-ho it makes for more reading, lol.

Hi how can we go about requesting a seperate thread for the two?

The number of posts makes it very hard to find comments that are relevant to my area.

Edited by HomerJ

Posted

Well done matey! Very good photo.

Snow just beginning to fall again. Radar looks promising.

Hi there i asked neilsouth what the snow was like in Canturbury and he has not ans me i have to take my daughter back to uni of kent on Sunday what is it looking like over there at the mo thinking about dropping her off Sat instead.

Posted

Do you mean the City itself or the surrounds? I went to friends in Cambridge for a NYE party and I left our house out in the sticks just after a fresh fall of snow and well below zero icing up, but when I got to Cambridge it was a) snowless and b about 3 degrees due to the urban heat island.

You may have benefited from the Wash streamer in some way, although I've not noticed that much reaching Cambridge (and trust me, I've spent at least a couple of nights radar watching and I'm only 22 miles away). I'm sorry but if you are talking about the City itself, I find 2 1/2 or 3" rather hard to believe.

Last night I had to go out and drive to prove to myself two people on this forum who were 1-2 miles away from me weren't lying! I had no flakes, they had best part of an inch drop in an hour so I can believe anything now! The edge of the snow fall was so defined it was weird.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

BBC online local 5 day has my area down for light snow sunday and grey cloud monday.

Hoddesdon weather

Not really worth getting my hopes up... In fact it's in line with what I fear..

The thing is this...If the BBC play down the expectations and it turns into a newsworthy event, they will get criticised.

If they hype the event and it doesn't really happen, there will be no news about it and thus no criticism heard of them in the media.

It's really win win for them to hype it up.

Those are computer generated and not worth taking any notice of.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

nothing here in belvedere kent broken cloud and 2.5 below

Posted

stop dissing the SEterners lol we can't help it if nature is smiling on us. But i have to say my son is due to start his a level exams on Monday and i would like him to do them so i have good reasons not to want the snow. At least all those in Norfolk and other places moaning about the lack of heavy snow will not have that problem if you have children due to take exams next week too so be glad and spare a thought for us. :nea:

I need to be in Norfolk by Monday to recommence University (you'd understand as you have a child starting on Monday again at Canterbury). I am seriously not going to make it with the state of the roads as they are currently.

Looks like I am going to miss a week of lectures at UEA, and don't forget I still have to pay for them even if I'm not there thanks to the Government loans these days... :blush:

Snowing lightly here :)