Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Yes, I do think the BBC graphics are underestimating the snow potential for the WHOLE region tomorrow, not just the South East, UKMO, GFS and ECM show the band getting as far north as Hull, and good runs tonight may see the Met updating their warnings tomorrow....

I agree as they have underestimated shower activity today and yesterday...it showed nothing here but activity in the wash area has gone mad the last hour or so. hopefully a top up to my 1 inch of snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

No the winds were meant to be north east then turning ENE tonight. Lets see what happens on sunday and if your "London set to nearly miss out completely" were correct...

As you say, we'll see come sunday....and I really hope I am wrong! Just got this gut feel that the arctic bit of this cold weather is not going to prove as resistant to the continental stuff as the models currently indicate...

Posted

ATM, Saturday and Sunday's snow looks to spread SE, north of the M4, then west across the midlands and into Wales. Surely looks fairly nailed on at this stage?

What looks possibly even more interesting is the Channel low drifting up Weds/Thur. Not sure how far east and north it will track, but another event for some that's for sure. whistling.gif

Posted

Regards to Sundays snow.

A member posted that London looks set to nearly miss completely. I see this to be extremely unlikely.

London looks to start seeing snow from late Saturday Night.

Most models take the PPN up to Yorkshire. I think at very worst it would only reach the North Midlands

I think the heavier PPN will be for SE, London and Southern Home Counties

Posted

I must have missed this invisible barrier, as I've had far more thunderstorms since I came to Norwich than I've had in any other area of the country, 3 inches of snow in November 2008, and repeated experiences of it being hot and sunny with stunning sunsets while most other parts of Britain are cloudy and muggy.

Norwich did miss out on a lot of the snow during winter 2008/09 (apart from the November 2008 snowstorm) and the snow streamers of 17/18 December but that's more the luck of the draw than anything else.

I can only remember having a couple of thunderstorms last summer, I must have been in the wrong part of the city. Maybe the fun stuff just dodges me! aggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

I agree as they have underestimated shower activity today and yesterday...it showed nothing here but activity in the wash area has gone mad the last hour or so. hopefully a top up to my 1 inch of snow

I wish we had an inch of snow!laugh.gif

St. Ives (snow no show of England)

Posted

I take heart from some posts regarding the snow on Sunday. Would be nice to have a load of snow up here. :D

Edited by hobbielancie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

Hi all just a quick question if someone has the time please.

anyone like to hazerd a guess of when i could see some more snow. we still have abit (3-4 inchs) top end of deal. be nice to get a top up.

the main resone for the question is the main roads are nice and clear mum wants me to take her to dover to do some shopping just dont wanna get stuck tonight.

thanks in advance

regards chris

Posted

These model charts prove the potential for Sunday:

GFS:

post-10203-12629750544642_thumb.png

UKMO: (Met Office)

post-10203-12629750076842_thumb.gif

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

The 12z NAE is now out and shows precip toptals by 12z sunday to be as high as 17mm nw kent. seems as though there is plenty more of the onionse stuff to come. just be patient. also, the showers really pepping up over EA at the moment and headed sw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Lovely to see the widespread snow graphics for Sunday on that BBC weather forecast! Looking good guys and girls!! :wallbash:

Edited by Jezzer

Posted

The 12z NAE is now out and shows precip toptals by 12z sunday to be as high as 17mm nw kent. seems as though there is plenty more of the onionse stuff to come. just be patient. also, the showers really pepping up over EA at the moment and headed sw.

Bluearmy,

What does it say for our neck of the woods?

Posted

1. I think the Met are going to issue flash warnings for tonight for snow, North Sea Shower activity really hotting up

2. The Met will issue warnings further north tomorrow....

Posted

1. I think the Met are going to issue flash warnings for tonight for snow, North Sea Shower activity really hotting up

2. The Met will issue warnings further north tomorrow....

I agree with you, although the shower activity is really picking up. I doubt the showers are intense enough for Warnings Tonight.

As for tomorrow, your right, expect the orange to start appearing in other counties.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Obviously the Met Office are ramping up. They must be confident as so close now. 15cm and heavy drifting=total chaos. We luv it!drunk.gif

We certainly do!! :drinks:

Posted

Now that is one of the most IMBY statements I have seen :drinks: Come on matey.....spill the beans and give a general report for the rest of us :acute:

SS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

hi every one literally just signed up i only live 2 miles from mr murr in nuxley village really respect his knowledge but is it going to snow sunday ?????

Posted

hi every one literally just signed up i only live 2 miles from mr murr in nuxley village really respect his knowledge but is it going to snow sunday ?????

Welcome, go and knock on his door and ask him :drinks:

Posted

Hi Alan - welcome to the forum, and hope you can get used to sorting the wheat from the chaff on threads such as this.

It would be useful for you to put your location on your profile so that it shows up on yr posts.

As for Sunday, it is looking highly likely that we could see up to 15 cm of snow from saturday night, and sweet spots could get more.....watch the radar and listen to the more respected members on here.

SS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

you should be on the stage ................sweeping itacute.gif