Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

BBC still confident of that snow for us over the next 48/72 hours, looking very positive and hopefully London will get a refreshing blanket of white too! :)

As others have said, expect some to have heavy snow while others get lighter falls but over a prolonged period of time, even these should add a few cms. :)

Edited by Jezzer

Posted

Current data for Linslade

08 January 2010 17:54:10

Temperature (°C):

Current -2.0

Trend (per hour) -0.6

Average today -2.5

Wind chill -2.0

Humidex -5.0

Dew Point -3.9

Rel Humidity 87%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 6.9 N

Average Speed 3.1 N

Rainfall (mm):

Current rate 0.0

Last hour 0.0

Total today 0.0

Total yesterday 0.0

Total this month 4.5

Total this year 4.5

Pressure (mb):

Current 1024.8

Trend (per hour) +0.3

yeah i like a north wind lol better if the cloud survives the trip

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

Snowing in Rochester also, pretty windy too as the snow is almost horizontal acute.gif

horizontal strong wind i agree

Posted

Interesting situation in the Wash at the moment, Potential shower activity for N Cambs (the snow starved area).

North Lincs just had a pasting from massive shower activity there, looks like an off shoot from that is developing further South in the North Sea.

Wish us luck all you snowed in southerners!! laugh.gif

Please please please please :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Seems the stuff coming down from Hull is getting closer to us then anything from the Norfolk/Suffolk/Essex area!

I still think that the Northerly component in what's going on is a degree stronger than has been forecast and this will adversely impact on the northerly track of sunday's precipitation, with London set to nearly miss out completely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

XC Weather is reporting Altnahara at 1C! They've been the coldest place in the UK! Down to -22 last night! Either it's a glitch or summer's come early up there! (Would feel like that!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

Hi Allan - where in Rochester are you? I'm just off the Maidstone Rd near the Total Garage.

i am in frindsbury strood. still snowing here

Posted

Seems the stuff coming down from Hull is getting closer to us then anything from the Norfolk/Suffolk/Essex area!

I still think that the Northerly component in what's going on is a degree stronger than has been forecast and this will adversely impact on the northerly track of sunday's precipitation, with London set to nearly miss out completely.

No the winds were meant to be north east then turning ENE tonight. Lets see what happens on sunday and if your "London set to nearly miss out completely" were correct...

Posted

Timmy. How can a northerly impact us on Sunday. Just look at the SLP now and for Sunday.

Posted

Very unlikely for that to happen. I think the snow could reach as far North as Hull and Manchester based on some models

Posted

Look at those showers packing in around the Wash. TEITS, you look to do well. Hopefully, before the wind takes on a more E'ly component and they have the legs, they might come to Luton/Hemel. Possibly MK will do well soon also...

Posted

N24 forcast just said Sunday's heavy snow will be from SE upto Suffolk - Norwich gonna miss out again!!! wallbash.gif

Snow is extremeley difficult to forecast even at this range. Personally I think most if not all of the region will see snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The only way Norwich will miss out is if it gets sleet rather than snow. GFS Precipitation on every run has shown the precipitation get some way north of Norwich.

Posted

Snow is extremeley difficult to forecast even at this range. Personally I think most if not all of the region will see snow

Hope you are right. Norwich seems to have an invisable barrier around it when it comes to interesting weather!

Posted

The only way Norwich will miss out is if it gets sleet rather than snow. GFS Precipitation on every run has shown the precipitation get some way north of Norwich.

Yes, I do think the BBC graphics are underestimating the snow potential for the WHOLE region tomorrow, not just the South East, UKMO, GFS and ECM show the band getting as far north as Hull, and good runs tonight may see the Met updating their warnings tomorrow....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I must have missed this invisible barrier, as I've had far more thunderstorms since I came to Norwich than I've had in any other area of the country, 3 inches of snow in November 2008, and repeated experiences of it being hot and sunny with stunning sunsets while most other parts of Britain are cloudy and muggy.

Norwich did miss out on a lot of the snow during winter 2008/09 (apart from the November 2008 snowstorm) and the snow streamers of 17/18 December but that's more the luck of the draw than anything else.

Posted

The Kent streamer looks like it's pivoting round to a more NEly direction from the previous NNE and looks to have some heavyish snow in it. I'm just a few miles from the base now (as at 1805 NW radar) as it skews. Bring it on!!

post-11069-12629743599942_thumb.txt