Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Like I said earlier the BBC graphics have been very poor this week, forecasting little snow for some areas when they have recieved quite a lot. All 3 major models show the snow reaching as far north as Hull, including UKMO, so expect changes to the forecast come tomorrow and more orange warnings for snow. This could be a very significant event. Personally I dont see marginality a problem for the south and east coast

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Snowman697, loveletter.........you got much coming down? We've got a very small amount of dust floating down (Ely/fen edge) can't see much to hit us, its so broken up....? (I hope I live to eat those words)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Anyone see my photo on south east today?? :p :p

Posted

Snowman697, loveletter.........you got much coming down? We've got a very small amount of dust floating down (Ely/fen edge) can't see much to hit us, its so broken up....? (I hope I live to eat those words)

Its stopped now. I expect more showers to hit later this evening and tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Look at those showers packing in around the Wash. TEITS, you look to do well. Hopefully, before the wind takes on a more E'ly component and they have the legs, they might come to Luton/Hemel. Possibly MK will do well soon also...

Nothing here as yet, I will keep one eye on the lampost and let you know if I spot anything white and fluffy blink.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

BBC online local 5 day has my area down for light snow sunday and grey cloud monday.

Hoddesdon weather

Not really worth getting my hopes up... In fact it's in line with what I fear..

The thing is this...If the BBC play down the expectations and it turns into a newsworthy event, they will get criticised.

If they hype the event and it doesn't really happen, there will be no news about it and thus no criticism heard of them in the media.

It's really win win for them to hype it up.

Posted

Yes the horse one wasn't it.

Yep ! , well chuffed

Posted

Lots of streamers kicking off towards kent ! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

is there a more central forum post for the mid EA lot as in ,herts beds and bucks ? ive been looking and cant find one

No there isn't this winter.

Bit of a mistake on NW's part (sorry Paul/Mods :p )… it's made everything even more frustrating this time as all week I've seen posts like "White OUT on Friday/Saturday/Sunday" then you check their location and it's for Kent or somewhere else over 150 miles away.

Not only that but EA and the SE is a quarter of the size of England where about half the population of the UK live… this thread is into its 30-something part and it's very difficult to find out what people's thoughts are for a locality.

Posted

Yes saint im right in the zone :p

hands off you West Herts Posse! That's an East herts blob!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

take a look at this lupijan : the winds in 7/8 days go to a south westerly..with the high to the south

http://weather.unisys.com/gfsx/9panel/gfsx_850_9panel_eur.html

Another one for the bin....read GP's thoughts in the in depth discussion thread. GFS is two bob rubbish 90% of the time. They forecasted a monster low last week for this weekend around 950mb if memory serves me correct.

Posted

-0.7c down here in Folkestone.

Looks like some bits and pieces are coming onto the radar for ourselves imminently...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

seems like a good idea: herts beds bucks..

Looking at raintoday.co.uk there's snow coming again for us for an hour or so.. And then looking out to the north sea/channel there's some brewing for later as the cold moves south toward the warm coming up from south, France etc - near continents I heard it called (-:

Just started readybrek snow here last 10minutes

I would like to see a 3 counties thread, not that I have anything against you lovely people on the East Coast and Kent blum.gif

Posted

You know you SE-ers really take the biscuit. Central EA and Norfolk have been waiting for 4 long days for any slight precipitation and my location for example still has only 2 cm (1") and half of that fell on New Year's Eve over a week ago.

I used to live on the Surrey/Hampshire/West Sussex borders where this picture was taken on Tuesday by a friend of mine. And yet you want more snow and accuse other people of being IMBY??? Jeeez nea.gif

I think it's just that the 'south east' seems to have a lot of variation in weather particularly during extreme weather situations. South and south west of London has had far less extreme weather than 'south west counties' of London. So while Haslemere posts pics of high snowdrifts, Kingston upon Thames will only get a few centimetres. Take those variations across such a small geographical area across the whole of the south east, and it is clear why posters divided by even a few miles, let alone a few hundred miles feel sometimes hard-done-by in the 'snowmageddon' predictions and assumptions.

Posted

BBC online local 5 day has my area down for light snow sunday and grey cloud monday.

Hoddesdon weather

Not really worth getting my hopes up... In fact it's in line with what I fear..

The thing is this...If the BBC play down the expectations and it turns into a newsworthy event, they will get criticised.

If they hype the event and it doesn't really happen, there will be no news about it and thus no criticism heard of them in the media.

It's really win win for them to hype it up.

Lol the B.B.C. also had light Snow for Tuesday and Wednesday take absoulte no notice of that info on there, we will get the Snow how much wait and see.

Posted

We can share it :)

no i think you have it all you greedy gets!

~Where's that more northerly component I keep on about got to... :)