Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hi All,

Had a couple of light showers today, but still only have about 1 to 1.5 inches.

Hope this way and others like me get a bit lots more soon. :good:

Posted

You know you SE-ers really take the biscuit. Central EA and Norfolk have been waiting for 4 long days for any slight precipitation and my location for example still has only 2 cm (1") and half of that fell on New Year's Eve over a week ago.

I used to live on the Surrey/Hampshire/West Sussex borders where this picture was taken on Tuesday by a friend of mine. And yet you want more snow and accuse other people of being IMBY??? Jeeez :good:

is there a more central forum post for the mid EA lot as in ,herts beds and bucks ? ive been looking and cant find one

Posted

oh no!!!! kay forster on bbc south east has just shown on her graphics that we in thanet will get rain only this weekend :cray: :cray:

yes the BBC are showing rain for coastal areas of the SE on their graphics for tomorrow night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

I dont know why they keep just saying about Essex/Kent/Sussex. London is also bound to get snow on Sunday. This isnt just showers off the North Sea not coming far inland. Its a more organised area of snow.

The news bulletins and weather forecasts really starting to ramp up the prospects for sat night/sunday. Does everyone here share their confidence for a decent snowfall?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder snow.

now heavy snow shower in margate.

on rain today you can see lots of showers breaking out from nothing and looks as if they are joining up in lines as well.

Posted

I dont know why they keep just saying about Essex/Kent/Sussex. London is also bound to get snow on Sunday. This isnt just showers off the North Sea not coming far inland. Its a more organised area of snow.

The news bulletins and weather forecasts really starting to ramp up the prospects for sat night/sunday. Does everyone here share their confidence for a decent snowfall?

yes! Expect warnings from the meto spread to other home counties come this time tomorrow!

Posted

You know you SE-ers really take the biscuit. Central EA and Norfolk have been waiting for 4 long days for any slight precipitation and my location for example still has only 2 cm (1") and half of that fell on New Year's Eve over a week ago.

I used to live on the Surrey/Hampshire/West Sussex borders where this picture was taken on Tuesday by a friend of mine. And yet you want more snow and accuse other people of being IMBY??? Jeeez :cray:

Not here, Cambridge has a very good covering of at least 2 and a half inches, probably 3

Posted

Hi dan,

Well I think the models are all in good agreement for this event to happen. something "could" go wrong I guess, but it all looks good so far. We are only 24 hours away

Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Sounds fab for you in SE London, what are we looking at in SW London?

Cheers

Surely you can expect this event to affect you too, us south Londoner's have been waiting for another Feb 09 event! :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

not me danm. In fact I think the BBC (MET) had the confidence yesterday, lost it this morning and now have it back again!

I'm too scarred by previous experiences to get my hopes up. I think everything will move a lot further south than they are currently indicating.

Then again, I'm into reverse psychology! :cray:

Posted

Ill go with that Danm: Because after it passes the winds go to a South Easterly, which will be cold and much dryer. The high then takes over in the south of u.k. later in the week, this will then be the end of this current cold spell

Posted

what i still find astonishing is that the bbc forecast shows a different thing on every section, uk wide map, local map, the list of hours, 5 day forecast lol

its just so incoherent

Posted

oh no!!!! kay forster on bbc south east has just shown on her graphics that we in thanet will get rain only this weekend cray.gifcray.gif

Hmmm, I doubt that very much cold.gif

Posted

I used to live on the Surrey/Hampshire/West Sussex borders where this picture was taken on Tuesday by a friend of mine. And yet you want more snow and accuse other people of being IMBY??? Jeeez nea.gif

clap.gif

Sat here watching the "blobs" heading towards us then splitting a few miles away or changing direction .. but remain hopeful...... decided to measure the snow we had... had to find a little drift near to a curb and got almost 5MM whoop-de-do! Hoping for a change in our fortunes with this new band of PPN coming from Wash but not hopeful as again it seems to be spliiting just before it reaches us.

Posted

Aaarrrggghh. All these showers coming in off the north sea and they break up as they get towards me. What's going on!! There are massive blobs coming straight for me and they just disappear. The coldest snap for 30-odd years and I haven't got one inch to show for it.

Posted

Ill go with that Danm: Because after it passes the winds go to a South Easterly, which will be cold and much dryer. The high then takes over in the south of u.k. later in the week, this will then be the end of this current cold spell

I don't think it will be dryer. Not from what the models are showing. There is a temporary "mild" blip, but we are then back into v cold weather again

Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

is there a more central forum post for the mid EA lot as in ,herts beds and bucks ? ive been looking and cant find one

seems like a good idea: herts beds bucks..

Looking at raintoday.co.uk there's snow coming again for us for an hour or so.. And then looking out to the north sea/channel there's some brewing for later as the cold moves south toward the warm coming up from south, France etc - near continents I heard it called (-:

Just started readybrek snow here last 10minutes