Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I saw it neil was a good forcast too. Hows the snow over there then? I need updates as i am dropping my daughter back to uni of kent on Sunday.

a ggod forcast as long as you dont live in thanet with the rain forcast for us, after what micheal fish has been saying all day on radio kent that east kent will get a dumping, whos right.....we shall see

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Well done Neil, I got mine shown this evening too- on BBC Look East drinks.gif

Brill , well done ! :)

EDIT : EVERYONE dont worry about that rain forecast , he didn't say RAIN it's just the computer graphics which are in error

Edited by neilsouth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Hello all. I've been coming on this site for a couple of weeks now.

I love everything to do with the weather, it is very interesting.

I just wanted to know if we are going to get light or heavy snow hear in luton this weekend?

I've had a look on the met office but it always says the same thing!

I thought I'd ask hear as you all seem to know an awful lot about the weather.

Thanksgood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

is there a more central forum post for the mid EA lot as in ,herts beds and bucks ? ive been looking and cant find one

I don't think so, perhaps it would be a good idea to start one, it could get a bit busy on here if we all get snow this weekend help.gif

Posted

I dont know why they keep just saying about Essex/Kent/Sussex. London is also bound to get snow on Sunday. This isnt just showers off the North Sea not coming far inland. Its a more organised area of snow.

The news bulletins and weather forecasts really starting to ramp up the prospects for sat night/sunday. Does everyone here share their confidence for a decent snowfall?

I'm not as sure as I was now for us, I mean no doubt we'll see some snow from this but the problem is if we want to get the best of the available precipitation then we need a direct Easterly to push it up the Estuary and right into London, but the direct Easterly doesn't kick in properly now until Monday; by which time it looks like the best of the precipitation will have moved away.

We bloody well stay in a damn NNE again all the way through to Monday! :)

Edited by Gulf Stream Hate Campaign Leader

Posted

No there isn't this winter.

Bit of a mistake on NW's part (sorry Paul/Mods :) )… it's made everything even more frustrating this time as all week I've seen posts like "White OUT on Friday/Saturday/Sunday" then you check their location and it's for Kent or somewhere else over 150 miles away.

Not only that but EA and the SE is a quarter of the size of England where about half the population of the UK live… this thread is into its 30-something part and it's very difficult to find out what people's thoughts are for a locality.

Also there is limited interest in EA as most of the postings are from SE. I have been posting off and on most of the day and only had a few comments from Norfolk. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

The showers are really starting pep up. Theyre coming well inland now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

we only had 1-2 inches here, compacted then dusted on. since weds night. folkestone/cheriton had less than that.

looking forward to sunday though.and its snowing currently - big flakes :)

but i havent had the feets of snow other parts of kent have sp dont taint me with the same brush as those greedy ones :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
German households have been advised to stock up on food, medicines and drinking water as the nation braces for a blizzard that is heading its way.

Germany's Civil Protection Office (BBK) says heavy snowfalls expected on Saturday could trigger local power cuts and severely disrupt public transport.

France is also braced for more snow. Meteo France warned: "The amount of snow expected is significant, exceptional even".

In the meantime East Herts councils are advising residents that it may be a good idea to carry an umbrella with them if going out on sunday.....just in case!

Edited by Timmytour

Posted

a ggod forcast as long as you dont live in thanet with the rain forcast for us, after what micheal fish has been saying all day on radio kent that east kent will get a dumping, whos right.....we shall see

Yes but you will get snow the winds are fron the east and quiet breezy too so showers will move well inland. The wind chills will mean that you should get snow. Don't worry about the BBC graphics the are rubbish only put there to give a general idea not meant to be exact. Have faith. On the high res nnm fron sat 2pm you have a good chance for snow. look at the snow risk charst on NW

Posted

In the meantime East Hets councils are advising residents that it may be a good idea to carry an umbrella with them if going out on sunday.....just in case!

While in West we are braced for the worst!:drinks: As it's obvious the snow likes to come to west Herts and not East!:whistling::drinks:

Edited by saint

Posted

No there isn't this winter.

Bit of a mistake on NW's part (sorry Paul/Mods :whistling: )… it's made everything even more frustrating this time as all week I've seen posts like "White OUT on Friday/Saturday/Sunday" then you check their location and it's for Kent or somewhere else over 150 miles away.

Not only that but EA and the SE is a quarter of the size of England where about half the population of the UK live… this thread is into its 30-something part and it's very difficult to find out what people's thoughts are for a locality.

Hi,

It would have been better to have one for EA and one for the SE, but hey-ho it makes for more reading, lol.

Posted

Yes but you will get snow the winds are fron the east and quiet breezy too so showers will move well inland. The wind chills will mean that you should get snow. Don't worry about the BBC graphics the are rubbish only put there to give a general idea not meant to be exact. Have faith. On the high res nnm fron sat 2pm you have a good chance for snow. look at the snow risk charst on NW

many thanks for answering SQ1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Looks like a shower is coming our way biggrin.gif

I was on here looked at radar suggested snow

Looked out of the window and its snowing !!! ox25 .Wasnt forecast mellow.gif

twice thats happen, 'the computer says yes' look outside you geek !

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Was a clear starry sky half hour ago when I got home from work. After skiing my car into the kerb trying to do a 3 point turn :drinks: I'm home and I see the clouds building from the North :whistling: Come on Mr Snow! Will the big blob make to Southend? I fear not...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Not here, Cambridge has a very good covering of at least 2 and a half inches, probably 3

Do you mean the City itself or the surrounds? I went to friends in Cambridge for a NYE party and I left our house out in the sticks just after a fresh fall of snow and well below zero icing up, but when I got to Cambridge it was a) snowless and b about 3 degrees due to the urban heat island.

You may have benefited from the Wash streamer in some way, although I've not noticed that much reaching Cambridge (and trust me, I've spent at least a couple of nights radar watching and I'm only 22 miles away). I'm sorry but if you are talking about the City itself, I find 2 1/2 or 3" rather hard to believe.

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

While in West we are braced for the worst!:drinks: As it's obvious the snow likes to come to west Herts and not East!:whistling::drinks:

:drinks:

I live for the day when a front moving west bring snow stalls over the Herts Essex border and leaves you guys with nothing but flakes while we get snow measured in feet rather than inches.

Mark my words....one day....one day... :good: