Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Can anyone from Ipswich give me any advice, my brother needs to travel down there tomorrow and sunday just wanted to know how much snow you have got and what the roads are like in rural areas? Cheers

Well it was all fine until about 3pm this afternoon with about 4 inches of snow, but main roads were clear, then it got blatted with a big shower, that apparently caused gridlock. I left work as it started to snow, so I don't know what it left.

But he should wait till the last minute before deciding to travel, who knows what may happen tonight. There are several Ipswich based posters who may be able to keep you informed.

Posted

i can't believe how lucky some people have been in other parts of kent. I only have 3cm here in gravesend. wallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Yep Gravesend is not good for snow,the wind needs to change or they will stay out over mid Kent.

We have 11cm out here at New Ash Green(all you need is a bit of height):whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Id love just this one to see thundersnow , i havent seen it happen in years!

Haven't seen this for about three weeks!blum.gif

Posted

Can anyone from Ipswich give me any advice, my brother needs to travel down there tomorrow and sunday just wanted to know how much snow you have got and what the roads are like in rural areas? Cheers

As of early evening, the east side of Ipswich to the coast is a nightmare. I am only a few miles east of Ipswich and am now nearing a foot of snow. The roads are a nightmare. Ipswich centre and west only had around 2cm max and was pretty clear, which may now have changed. Perhaps one of my cousins to the west can update you.

Posted

Well it was all fine until about 3pm this afternoon with about 4 inches of snow, but main roads were clear, then it got blatted with a big shower, that apparently caused gridlock. I left work as it started to snow, so I don't know what it left.

But he should wait till the last minute before deciding to travel, who knows what may happen tonight. There are several Ipswich based posters who may be able to keep you informed.

Thanks for the post Nick, your a star :whistling:

Thanks as well Senator Blue :wallbash:

Edited by Slinky

Posted

why does our thread still say east anglia :/ confused !

Because a New Thread entitled London and SE Will be started in about 5 Mins :whistling:

Posted

You could put us in the Highlands and would still get bugger all snowwallbash.gif

rofl.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gif

Posted

it seems Dover was lucky to have that shower earlier... the shower train is just literally a couple of miles to our west and intensifying all of the time :whistling:

I suppose Saturday night is our turn then.

Posted

Hello all, have been lurking for some time and thought I may as well join up. Just had the briefest of snow flurries in Wembley, which I almost missed while signing up (ironic). I'm assuming most of the fun will miss London tonight, could anyone 'in the know' confirm or deny this??

Hello Snowdays

Could be a few snow showers for the Greater London area in the NNE flow overnight but nothing of any real significance. Most of the convective activity is more to the SE

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Germany prepares to face blizzard

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8448095.stm

:whistling:

Posted

Okay I am going to make an executive decision on this LOL

Suffolk, Essex, London, Kent, Surrey and the Sussexes - SE Thread

Herts, Norfolk, Peterborough, Cambs, Beds and Bucks = 3 Counties and E Anglia Thread

Agreed :whistling:

As a Suffolk resident and group lurker, I would like to register my extreme displeasure at being summarily removed from East Anglia :wallbash: East Anglia: - Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambs, plus Essex when in a mood of extreme tolerance.

On a more serious note, this split does seem a little odd - I realise there has to be a divide somewhere but Norfolk and Cambs postings are far more relevant to Suffolk than Kent, Surrey and Sussex.

John

Posted

Lots of showers streaming in but most are missing the Thanet area like Margate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate, if only they would move slightly East wallbash.gif

Posted

I am missing this thread already after being thrown out and told to play with the rest from Beds, Bucks and East Anglia :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

BBC havent really mentioned Surrey being in the mix on Sunday. Are we going to be missing the main event?

Judging by that photo the other day you have had tons already. I was going to drive down this weekend just to look at it :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Because a New Thread entitled London and SE Will be started in about 5 Mins :whistling:

WOOHOO ! thanks (impatient woman!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

WATCH OUT KENT!!! , MODERATE to SEVERE HAILSTONE HITTING NORTH KENT

I heard it wacking up against the window

Hailstones larger than peas!