Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

reef

Posted

Won't be long, just cracked the voddie open :wallbash:

No message come through yet, shout it up the street.

His mobile's on all the phone boxes within 5 miles if you don't hear owt mate!

Posted

Wind direction definitley changed looking at the most recent radar. Darlo going to miss out on the long band but hopefully that bit to the east has our name on it providing it doesn't fizzle out!

Edit: Hmm just noticed radar is a little behind so looks like whats left of it is here. Flakes too small to make an impact.

Edited by CraigUK

Posted

Wow little or no melt and more snow :wallbash: this is the most snow ive seen in my life and still snowing this is the best snow in my life im oh so happy :wallbash:

Have you discovered girls yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Have you discovered girls yet?

LMFAO! :wallbash: I have but im only 14 and looking around single is okay at my age imo :wallbash:

Posted

Won't be long, just cracked the voddie open :wallbash:

No message come through yet, shout it up the street.

roughly how much for 2 new snow tyres fitted the morra?

Posted

there's talk of a LESS COLD period for the sw come next weekend.as if that will have any effect on us up here lol.

lets hope not peter plus if we have this much snow on the ground wont that drop the temp a degree or 2?

Posted

looks like a nice heavier band of snow is approaching at the back end of this belt - interestingrolleyes.gif

Posted

roughly how much for 2 new snow tyres fitted the morra?

I've a couple of part worn ones that will see you through the winter, come down mate and I will put them on for you free of charge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

The heavier stuff towards the back is moving in now, roads getting dodgy on the Tyne Tunnel cams...

Number 2 on the south side is the best one I think.

http://www.tt2.co.uk/web-cams.php

Showers behind looking better all the time.

Posted

lets hope not peter plus if we have this much snow on the ground wont that drop the temp a degree or 2?

yip we are inside the fridge for a while yet.

I've a couple of part worn ones that will see you through the winter, come down mate and I will put them on for you free of charge.

giz a postcode mate,i dont know where your now at.

Posted

The amount of snow that's lying and the the predicted temperatures it will take some shifting, they will still be lying snow from this cold spell when the next one hits.

Posted

The amount of snow that's lying and the the predicted temperatures it will take some shifting, they will still be lying snow from this cold spell when the next one hits.

thats what I am hoping for Hagler, I'm hoping a quick reload after a slight mild period ( if you can call 3 degrees a mild period ) which may come into play sometime soon.

Posted

yip we are inside the fridge for a while yet.

giz a postcode mate,i dont know where your now at.

Tams Tyres

NE6 1PE

Come across Byker Bridge up to the roundabout, take your 3rd exit and your first right just as you come off the roundabout, its signed posted 'Stephen Street' just come right along to the end of the road.

Posted

hey folks. just got in from the pub. lots of snow, didnt think this was going to happen.!

Posted

seems to be appearing a line of precipatation developing 30 to 40 miles out to sea as some people have predicted - interestingrolleyes.gif

Posted

snowing heavier in byker with big flakes,although the band is drifting west, the snow is blowing east in the opposite direction, can anybody explain this?mellow.gif

Posted

That line a few hundred miles out is growing stronger by the minute. Dunno if I can wait up for it hitting us though.

Posted

That line a few hundred miles out is growing stronger by the minute. Dunno if I can wait up for it hitting us though.

Go to bed mate, that's slipping south of us.

Posted

snowing heavier in byker with big flakes,although the band is drifting west, the snow is blowing east in the opposite direction, can anybody explain this?mellow.gif

Surface winds must be an westerly direction whilst the airflow is coming from the ne'ly direction.

Nice to have a final finale regarding the snow where it turned it heaviest it has been all night with very large flakes. Looks like the fun and games are coming to an end as the snow is easing and the cloud looks to be breaking up slightly and that signals me going to bed now.

Hopefully tomorrow can also deliver aswell.

Posted

Surface winds must be an westerly direction whilst the airflow is coming from the ne'ly direction.

Nice to have a final finale regarding the snow where it turned it heaviest it has been all night with very large flakes. Looks like the fun and games are coming to an end as the snow is easing and the cloud looks to be breaking up slightly and that signals me going to bed now.

Hopefully tomorrow can also deliver aswell.

thx 4 the reply