Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

reef

Posted

Yeh Paul. I'm at DH8 5 and peterf is at DH8 8

I'm also at DH8 8 and regularly watch peterf undressing from my backdoor, I'm sure he leaves the curtains un-drawn on purpose :clap:

Posted
  • Location: Near Stocksfield, Northumberland @ 850ft 25miles from north sea

Yeh Paul. I'm at DH8 5 and peterf is at D

DH8 9 here even though its Northumberland!

Posted

Yeh Paul. I'm at DH8 5 and peterf is at DH8 8

Crikey, you're still on the edge of it and there is a looooooooong draw of precipitation on your doorstep moving at snails pace! It just doesn't look very heavy but I'm sure it'll intensify as it climbs the hill to Consett!

Posted

I'm also at DH8 8 and regularly allow peterf to pester my backdoor, I'm sure he leaves his flies un-drawn on purpose :yahoo:

Each to their own Keih. I'll just carry on enjoying the snow if you don't mind :(

Posted

Just kicking off here

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Ello everyone still beltin' down here (2½ hrs up to now) had a few lighter interludes back on with the heavier stuff, laid a few inches wish i could find the charger for the camera, i always put it in my camera flight case but it aint there......aarrgghh...

This has to be one of the best snowfall ive seen and i'm 46yrs old..!! well on the 19th i am.

Edited by NL

Posted

Snow is intensifying again :yahoo: Just glad I've got AWD, otherwise I'd be going nowhere in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Snow has been falling here since 5:30 and this one of my best snow events in my life! :yahoo: around 10cm has been dropped and its still going how long will it lasT?

Posted

Moderate-heavy here now looking like a long spell of maybe 4 hours if the radar can be believed

Posted

I tell you what chaps, this is starting to look like a big event, just look at how much is still to come. It's pepping up down at my place too.

Posted

Moderate in Darlo now too. Just need that blob to the north east to keep on getting bigger. Hoping it manages to hit us! Turning out to be an interesting evening this! Xbox time whilst glancing at the radar and the window now I think :p.

Edited by CraigUK

Posted

Ello everyone still beltin' down here (2½ hrs up to now) had a few lighter interludes back on with the heavier stuff, laid a few inches wish i could find the charger for the camera, i always put it in my camera flight case but it aint there......aarrgghh...

This has to be one of the best snowfall ive seen and i'm 46yrs old..!! well on the 19th i am.

This must be one of the most tedious snowfall's ive ever seen Lol. Heavier bursts are so far few and far between and all we are getting is mostly light stuff.

I'm glad some are enjoying it though. :p

Posted

Been snowing in Darlington on and off for just over two hours, total amount so far several mm wallbash.gif Total depth using the garden wall as the measure(!) around 3 inches shok.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

A few inches...Unbelievable I have just a light not worth measuring covering and I am just up the road. Still moderate to light intensity here, no sign of heavy snow. Its best in S. Northumberland. ANOTHER NEAR MISS FOR NEWCASTLE THIS IS TORTURE. The Easterly kicked in about 1hour too early!

On a more positive note, be aware of the showers forming out to sea which are heading directly for us.... Should make landfall in 2-3 hours.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Moderate in Darlo now too. Just need that blob to the north east to keep on getting bigger. Hoping it manages to hit us! Turning out to be an interesting evening this! Xbox time whilst glancing at the radar and the window now I think :).

Exactly what I'm doing, on Football Manager on the Xbox with my laptop by my side and the blinds up just enough to see the lamppost. Nice way to spend a night, and it's Friday! :)

Still only very light here but it looks heavier to my east, visibility is reducing now.

Even after this lot clears those showers are still looking on course for later.

Posted

I ,switching between snow watching & xbox360 modern warefare 2, supping a can of beer, no work tomorrow, missus asleep, radar looking interestingrolleyes.gif having a good nightdrinks.gif

Posted

Yay....Newbottle, Sunderland DH4

It started snowing at 8:20pm and it has just continued to snow....small snow flakes, it is -2 oC outside.

I think this weekend will be a big snow event for the NE drinks.gif

I would like to think so, but tonights GFS says not. By the time any decent ppn arrives the 528dam line is in Scotland!!!

All could change though.

Now moderate to heavy snow here. Temp -2.2c which is 1.5c warmer than last night during the snow....Evidence the wind is now turned East.

Posted

I ,switching between snow watching & xbox360 modern warefare 2, supping a can of beer, no work tomorrow, missus asleep, radar looking interestingrolleyes.gif having a good nightdrinks.gif

A good night? That's living the dream mate!

If Carlsberg did nights in...

Posted

Snow is turning a little bit more moderate but the flakes are still too small to get excited about.

Very tedious and if we had no snow on the ground, a light covering would of been acheived by now after about an hour and a bit snowfall.

Turned quite a bit heavier albeit small flakes but better than before at least. :acute:

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted

In an assessment of tonights models...The end of this cold spell is drawing near, but its certainly not going to get mild in the near future and there is a proper scandi high building up, which if given some time to mature, could pull severe cold in from Siberia and then deliver the killer blow to the UK.........

Posted

In an assessment of tonights models...The end of this cold spell is drawing near, but its certainly not going to get mild in the near future and there is a proper scandi high building up, which if given some time to mature, could pull severe cold in from Siberia and then deliver the killer blow to the UK.........

So it might warm up soon or it might not then?.... :p