Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

reef

Posted

A good night? That's living the dream mate!

If Carlsberg did nights in...

getting better now, the flakes are getting bigger & and a bit heavier,rolleyes.gif , but the bad guys are getting harder to hit (xbox) probably coz i,m seeing 2 of them(beer)pardon.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

So it might warm up soon or it might not then?.... :p

Yes it will warm up, but that just in comparison to what we have now, it will still be cold with snow restricted to high ground. What happens after that nobody can be sure, but its likely we will retain blocking.

Snow now heavy here, probably 2cm now... Still -2.2c. i think i am going to have to get a new snow shovel as the plastic edge has worn down loads on the tarmac. Where can you get aluminium ones from?

Posted

Snow is turning a little bit more moderate but the flakes are still too small to get excited about.

Very tedious and if we had no snow on the ground, a light covering would of been acheived by now after about an hour and a bit snowfall.

Turned quite a bit heavier albeit small flakes but better than before at least. :p

I bet you're the life and soul of the party :shok:

Posted

getting better now, the flakes are getting bigger & and a bit heavier,rolleyes.gif , but the bad guys are getting harder to hit (xbox) probably coz i,m seeing 2 of them(beer)pardon.gif

Should be twice the size target to hit though so it'll all balance out. Thought I was getting CoD for Xmas but got let down. Gonna have to get it sorted.

Posted

Close one eye mate... that always worked for me :p

Posted

The back edge is intensifying. Now this is looking better. This has developed out of noware and goes to prove again in these situations the radar is king.

Posted

Yes it will warm up, but that just in comparison to what we have now, it will still be cold with snow restricted to high ground. What happens after that nobody can be sure, but its likely we will retain blocking.

Snow now heavy here, probably 2cm now... Still -2.2c. i think i am going to have to get a new snow shovel as the plastic edge has worn down loads on the tarmac. Where can you get aluminium ones from?

the aluminium snow shovel shop lol.

Posted

guys I cannot believe what has happened here the last two days, tonight it has snowed for 5 hours solid, I dont think I will ever see anything like this again for many a year to come, I had 1 ft of snow in my garden at 6pm and its been snowing all night, must be breaking records here, I would just like to know how long it will take to clear?, I seen on the weather tonight the temp on monday tuesday been 3 degrees, that wouldn't shift it alot, so I'm thinking by the time a possible reload comes in we could have some serious serious amounts of snow on our hands, am I right in thinking that way?

Posted

getting heavier in byker now, can't see the lights of gateshead( a sign of heavier snow 4 me), switched the xbox offrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

I would like to think so, but tonights GFS says not. By the time any decent ppn arrives the 528dam line is in Scotland!!!

All could change though.

Now moderate to heavy snow here. Temp -2.2c which is 1.5c warmer than last night during the snow....Evidence the wind is now turned East.

Not here it hasnt. Surface winds still coming from a WSW direction temps @ -2.3°C Dew point @ -3.3°C. Oh and its moderate to heavy snow after a 10 minute light period. Just been looking at the SSt's and theyve dropped a degree or so in the last 4 days might put us on the right side of marginal for the easterly....

Posted

guys I cannot believe what has happened here the last two days, tonight it has snowed for 5 hours solid, I dont think I will ever see anything like this again for many a year to come, I had 1 ft of snow in my garden at 6pm and its been snowing all night, must be breaking records here, I would just like to know how long it will take to clear?, I seen on the weather tonight the temp on monday tuesday been 3 degrees, that wouldn't shift it alot, so I'm thinking by the time a possible reload comes in we could have some serious serious amounts of snow on our hands, am I right in thinking that way?

even once the atlantic kicks back in with its warmer winds and rain.it will take until april to get rid of all signs of snow.

we're just heading into winter now.

Posted

Lidl sell them. They bought 10,000 in last year but couldn't shift them. They're flying out this year.

Posted

I think you have seen the worst, sorry best of it now as it shifted further north, but there may still be a sting in the tail in the early hours. Keep an eye on the showers out to sea, of they start to intensify.....

Posted

Once again, the intensity drops here after that brief heavier burst of snow.

Hopefully it will only be temporary and it starts to turn heavier again. I'm also glad to hear that apparently the backedge of the PPN is increasing in intensity.

Posted

even once the atlantic kicks back in with its warmer winds and rain.it will take until april to get rid of all signs of snow.

we're just heading into winter now.

am I right in thinking the north sea will be alot colder come febuary, plus febuary is normally a cold month anyway, we could see something even more special come then, along way off I know but like you said we are just heading into winter now?

Posted

Not here it hasnt. Surface winds still coming from a WSW direction temps @ -2.3°C Dew point @ -3.3°C. Oh and its moderate to heavy snow after a 10 minute light period. Just been looking at the SSt's and theyve dropped a degree or so in the last 4 days might put us on the right side of marginal for the easterly....

Thats what I have been thinking. This cold spell has set us up good fot the rest of the winter, because the SSTs are lower. Thats been the downfall of the easterlies we have had in recent years during FEB or MARCH.

Posted

am I right in thinking the north sea will be alot colder come febuary, plus febuary is normally a cold month anyway, we could see something even more special come then, along way off I know but like you said we are just heading into winter now?

yip

Posted

I think you have seen the worst, sorry best of it now as it shifted further north, but there may still be a sting in the tail in the early hours. Keep an eye on the showers out to sea, of they start to intensify.....

I think its only fair we share some of this with our fellows friends up the coast :whistling:

I think its only fair we share some of this with our fellows friends up the coast :air_kiss: