Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

reef

Posted

a few flakes starting to fall in byker, no work tomorrow could be a late night lamp post watchingdrunk.gif

Posted

Didn't like that last radar update. I was hoping the streamer at Berwick would make landfall just a touch later. I'm thinking that easterly might be gonna blow it to the west of us.

Posted

Back from walking the dog, that was ace! He was jumping around like a frog to move and it was snowing like a big snowy thing.

Luckily I'd swept the path earlier so I can measure the fresh snow - 3cm, not bad! Around 20cm snow now, which is alright considering it all consists of short showers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Looks like even though Chester-le-Street has snow it's not going to reach here yet. Looking at the radar it will retreat back towards the coast a little for now, before returning.

Wish it would snow now there's two people out shoveling the whole street!

EDIT: Tumbleweed, where are you? Could you put your location in your profile so we all know, thanks!

Posted

Judging by the 2105 update, that mass near Berwick is heading directly for Newcastle pulling a long line behind it. It looks very intense too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

The very lightist of snow here at the moment.

Its all goes too show how a few miles making all the difference if South Shields/Sunderland are getting moderate/heavy snowfall.

You are right, but what you don't know is what is backing up behind the lighter (and larger area) ppn that is heading for you. lets wait and see......

Posted

As promised, the satellicicle, and the back yard 20 mins ago.

Nice pics,that satellite dish is on borrowed time.:drinks:

Posted

Nice pics,that satellite dish is on borrowed time.:p

It's a satellice dish :p

Anyway, looks to me like the long line behind will moving in across the borders and inland missing most of us, but you never know.

Also I think the easterly wind is coming into play now, the PPN furthest west on the radar looks like it's starting to get pushed more eastwards, but it's also fizzling out.

Posted

As promised, the satellicicle, and the back yard 20 mins ago.

We've got a satellicicle as well mate. Nowhere near as big as that one though. Like it.

This was the biggest icicle I've managed to photograph along the road from where I live. Over 2m I reckon. Was gonna send it in to Sky News but I didn't think they'd show it as it wouldn't ave been as impressive as the 4" icicle spotted dahn sarf!

IMG_0353.jpg

Edited by davyf

Posted

We've got a satellicicle as well mate. Nowhere near as big as that one though. Like it.

This was the biggest icicle I've managed to photograph along the road from where I live. Over 2m I reckon. Was gonna send it in to Sky News but I didn't think they'd show it as it wouldn't ave been as impressive as the 4" icicle spotted dahn sarf!

IMG_0353.jpg

Imagine someone coming out and slamming the door.:rolleyes:

if that misses us i'll show me A/R/S/E/ in FENWICKS window lol.

swear filter.:rofl:

Posted

Davy hope you don't mind just had a play with that photo.

Looks more natural in this condition I think.

post-3392-12629863296242_thumb.jpg

It really is a blast from the past this cold spell. I would never have dreamt of seeing icicles that size in this day and age.

Posted

if that misses us i'll show me A/R/S/E/ in FENWICKS window lol.

Haha I wondered if Angela had a pet name for it or summit 'I have a problem'.

Surely our bets are covered though - if the easterly doesn't give us that bank out at sea then we'll get the streamer coming down from the NE?!?!

Posted

listen to bro,it's nailed lol.

it's in no rush to move on either.

I can't handle the stress man. I got ready for work this morning, had one go at getting the car and now here I am 15hrs later with my work clothes still on and in serious need of a Specsavers. I've earned this one!!!

edit: My only worry is if we get the gap between the streamer and the stuff to the east.

Edited by davyf

Posted

At least the intensity is starting to increase slightly here now, its what i would class as slight if i rate it against the radar and not the very slight snow we had earlier.

Still not sure about this lump of PPN, got a massive gap in which is not helping matters and its hard too tell which direction its going in as its going so slow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

VERY light snow now with lots of cloud.

Posted

light snow in byker now, looks good on the radar, fingers crossed might not have to go shopping with the wife in the morning rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Looking at the radar I might finally get a top up, albeit a small one. You can also see a few showers developing out at sea behind the band in those easterly winds, an although the ones on the current radar picture are too far south they developed quickly so tomorrow may hold one or two surprises. :rofl: