Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Looking at the radar I might finally get a top up, albeit a small one. You can also see a few showers developing out at sea behind the band in those easterly winds, an although the ones on the current radar picture are too far south they developed quickly so tomorrow may hold one or two surprises. :(

Those developing showers look well placed to me, they are in the proper easterly winds and moving straight towards our area. It would be great once this clears if we could get some heavy showers for the rest of the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Those developing showers look well placed to me, they are in the proper easterly winds and moving straight towards our area. It would be great once this clears if we could get some heavy showers for the rest of the night.

This is a situation which could bring many inches of snow tomorrow, or hardly anything at all. It really could go either way. help.gif

Posted

Jesus I think that last radar update moved about 2 pixels to the west. It's in no rush like!

thats not a bad thing.slow and easy does it.

Posted

It would be even better if the PPN was stronger around here, then it can take as long as it likes but its all a little tedious seeing just light snow floating past, especially at night where you have to go to your window just too see it. I would not mind it as much if it was day light! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

It would be even better if the PPN was stronger around here, then it can take as long as it likes but its all a little tedious seeing just light snow floating past, especially at night where you have to go to your window just too see it. I would not mind it as much if it was day light! :good:

Be patient, its coming....

Posted

knocking on the door now for up here.

davyf has had his head in the freezer for the last 10 mins lol.

Lets hope it keeps its intensity by the time it reaches us.

it may even increase Kieth.

anyone got anything yet?

Posted

Jesus I think that last radar update moved about 2 pixels to the west. It's in no rush like!

LOL, patience! You've got about 49 feet of snow anyway!

Posted

getting light to moderate snow in byker, from my front window I can see the lights of gateshead across the river, when snow gets heavy u can't c them, currently they are slightly hazy.

Posted

WE HAVE SNOW!!!

Very light but it's the starter before the main course.

Edited by davyf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Moderate snow here now but small flakes. If they were larger this could be classed as heavy. The best place to be seems to be South Eastern Northumberland. This should last 45 mins, but if the back edge peps up a bit maybe longer.....

Posted
  • Location: Near Stocksfield, Northumberland @ 850ft 25miles from north sea
  • Location: Near Stocksfield, Northumberland @ 850ft 25miles from north sea

Nothing to report yet here!

We look surrounded to the north and east on the mets 22.00 radar though so shouldnt be too long!

Edited by tynevalleywinter

Posted

That little lot earlier dropped another 4cm. I now have 26" on the wall in my back garden. Still snowing lightly. Got to be up and away to work in Washington at 04.30 in the morning. Going to be a bit of an adventure me thinks. Not bothered in the slightest.EPIC winter so far and loving it :clap:

Edited by DJovengloves

Posted

This looks like it could give several more hours snowfall of varying intensity from Northumberland, through Tyne and Wear, and County Durham.

<font face="monospace"><font size="2">That little lot earlier dropped another 4cm. I now have 26" on the wall in my back garden. Still snowing lightly. Got to be up and away to work in Washington at 04.30 in the morning. Going to be a bit of an adventure me thinks. Not bothered in the slightest.EPIC winter so far and loving it :clap:

You're still about 6cm ahead of me as you were last weekend.